PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone garden?

07Negative
09-15-2012, 12:27 PM
I know it's not as macho as other threads. But do you have a kick butt veggie garden you eat out of year round?

XJ Wheeler
09-15-2012, 02:36 PM
I don't have one, but this day in time i think its just about the only real way to eat healthy and not ingest some chemical.

Mudderoy
09-15-2012, 03:27 PM
I'd like to, and when I say "I" I mean the wife. I like the idea of growing my own food, except for the being outside part, worrying about the bugs getting the goodies, then the birds getting the goodies...

07Negative
09-15-2012, 03:33 PM
Not only that, but have you paid attention to the price of produce? Between gas and food I can't afford anything else. I'm redoing my landscaping to native habitat which is allowing me to relocate my veggie beds. So I really slacked this summer on growing food. But I got about 50lbs of zuccini, green beans, kale, artichokes, leeks, carrots, parsnips, all the herbs (rosemary, thyme, dill, etc). My tomato plant hasn't even put out a single fruit yet. Finally got raspberries and blackberries this years. I should have had way more.
I'm also in the midst of setting up my rain collection barrels to collect 2500 gallons of rain. Since I'm on a local municipal, the water bill gets stupid expensive. So I don't want to pay to water the garden or to wash my car(s).

07Negative
09-15-2012, 03:36 PM
Tony, you wouldn't have to worry about bugs so much if you do some companion planting and take a few precautions. I don't really get bugs. However there is one exception. I get aphids on my broccoli plants b/c I located them in a horrible spot. Other than that, everything is good. birds go for the berry bushes but I found these blow up snakes at a store. Threw em on the fence and it helps. Kinda like a scare crow. I shoot pigeons. Funk those damn birds!

07Negative
09-15-2012, 03:37 PM
You can also use worm tea to combat a few pests.

Mudderoy
09-15-2012, 03:40 PM
Tony, you wouldn't have to worry about bugs so much if you do some companion planting and take a few precautions. I don't really get bugs. However there is one exception. I get aphids on my broccoli plants b/c I located them in a horrible spot. Other than that, everything is good. birds go for the berry bushes but I found these blow up snakes at a store. Threw em on the fence and it helps. Kinda like a scare crow. I shoot pigeons. Funk those damn birds!

Yeah I've spoke to my wife over the years about it. I need to do some Googling, and get some railroad ties and make a small garden. She's been growing spices and such in a large metal tub.

4.3LXJ
09-15-2012, 03:52 PM
My tomato plant hasn't even put out a single fruit yet.

Last week I got 30 lbs off one plant, 15 lbs off another this week and planning on much more tomorrow :D

07Negative
09-15-2012, 04:06 PM
Gotta watch with railroad ties. They are soaked in resin. Another good way is to use shipping pallets that are not treated with formaldehyde. But for lettuces, spinach, etc. You only need about 6" depth. The root system isn't very deep. So anything deeper than that is pointless for those plants. Root veggies are way different.
I can give you or anyone pointers. You can get non genetically engineered seeds from Heirloom seed company out of Missouri.

07Negative
09-15-2012, 04:07 PM
Steve you have more sun than I do. I also planted way late. I've been wanting to do sun dried tomatoes b/c they are so bloody expensive at the market.

XJ Wheeler
09-15-2012, 05:44 PM
Yeah I've spoke to my wife over the years about it. I need to do some Googling, and get some railroad ties and make a small garden. She's been growing spices and such in a large metal tub.
Try to keep your mind on topic and out of the gutter, Muddy.:rolleye0012:

Carves
09-15-2012, 07:21 PM
spuds, spinach, carrots, lettuce, strawberries, mulberries, rhubarb, plums, oranges, lemons and a bit of other stuff starting up in the temporary veggie patch ...

Gotta finish the yard landscaping and then theres a 1/4 acre of veggie patch to play with.

... s'pose I better plant some capsicum too since the thievin supermarket wants nearly ten bucks a pound for the stuff .. :rolleyes:

4.3LXJ
09-15-2012, 07:21 PM
I dried my own. I used Romas and dried them in the sun. Put them on screens and left a space between them and the deck of my all steel trailer. Took about a day to dry them.

cantab27
09-15-2012, 10:32 PM
help out when i can..........:D

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr52/cantab27/Image0342.jpg

hate being in the garden......hate yard work..hate the mother in-law as well...(just thought i would throw that in)

carry on my green fingered little friends....:rolleye0012:

07Negative
09-16-2012, 12:38 AM
spuds, spinach, carrots, lettuce, strawberries, mulberries, rhubarb, plums, oranges, lemons and a bit of other stuff starting up in the temporary veggie patch ...

Gotta finish the yard landscaping and then theres a 1/4 acre of veggie patch to play with.

... s'pose I better plant some capsicum too since the thievin supermarket wants nearly ten bucks a pound for the stuff .. :rolleyes:

I like reading that. Keep it up! a 1/4 acre is outstanding to work with. I've got a itty bitty 1000 sq ft (city life). But I try and make good use of every inch. I have to finish the backyard landscaping myself. My Jeep is taking up too much time though. But it's next on the list.

XJMJeep
09-16-2012, 12:51 AM
I try growing Roma tomato's, Jalapenos & 2 different kinds of hop's every year.
I call it Salsa & Cerveza! :D

Hum Wee JR
09-16-2012, 02:35 AM
I try growing Roma tomato's, Jalapenos & 2 different kinds of hop's every year.
I call it Salsa & Cerveza! :D
Hops are yummy. What kind of hops are you growing? Do you need more varietys? I have access to the largest organic hop garden in California. If you need any rizomes let me know. If they don't have what you need they can get it. I am very involved in the homebrew community in northern California and have a lot of connections, if you want it I most likely can get it. Let me know.

bluedragon436
09-16-2012, 09:11 AM
I do not as of right now do any gardening... but plan to do a small garden once I get a place I can do one.. Only thing that sucks for me is I will only be able to do it during the warmer times of the year... as I don't know of any real produce or eatable plants that grow through the winter months..

gary63
09-16-2012, 09:11 AM
I plant some things like tomatos in pots with wheels so I can move them around in the hot part of summer. And move them in to the garage with it gets cold and the green ones can ripen up.

07Negative
09-16-2012, 10:06 AM
Hops are yummy. What kind of hops are you growing? Do you need more varietys? I have access to the largest organic hop garden in California. If you need any rizomes let me know. If they don't have what you need they can get it. I am very involved in the homebrew community in northern California and have a lot of connections, if you want it I most likely can get it. Let me know.

I'll take you up on this. Some friends and I brew beer but use my buddy's property up in Santa Rosa to grow the hops.

07Negative
09-16-2012, 10:09 AM
I do not as of right now do any gardening... but plan to do a small garden once I get a place I can do one.. Only thing that sucks for me is I will only be able to do it during the warmer times of the year... as I don't know of any real produce or eatable plants that grow through the winter months..

There's quite a few veggies that will grow in the cold. If it gets too cold. You use a thing called a cold frame. It's essentially like a green house, but it fit directly over the planted item. Like: http://rutgers-leslie.blogspot.com/2012/03/cold-frame-gardening.html

I know a guy up in Newfoundland that gardens in the winter. Even has a worm farm in that cold weather.

Dredwolf
09-16-2012, 10:11 AM
Got the acreage, but not the time this past year. Raised beds and containers were it, past years we had two plots, with squash, tomatoes, peppers, okra, corn, beans, etc. And the wife has a herb garden that she runs all growing season.

Going for a 1/4 acre next year, just need to pick up a turning plow this winter.

07Negative
09-16-2012, 01:10 PM
You're going to use a turning plow for a 1/4 acre or the acre? Seems like excessive money and effort for such a small space (compared to commercial farming). I grew up on a farm which my great grandparents started. Their still alive and kickin, but too old to farm. They used a cover crop method and amended the soil through the years. Rototilling disturbs all the microbs in the soil and breaks up the mycorrhizae. That's the stuff you want in the root system. There is a farmer by the name, Joel Salatin. He's wrote a number of books that are really outstanding. His farm is called, "Polyface Farms." Another great book is, "Teaming with microbes."
If you get soil tests done. You can find out what minerals and nutrients your soil is lacking. It'll also tell you if your soil is fungal or bacterial dominate. That kinda stuff is really helpful to know to maximize healthy crops.
And if your need to rid of a weed ridden area. Throw down a layer of cardboard. Make sure they over lap each other so there are no spaces. Throw down 4-6" of mulch. Weeds and unwanted grasses are gone!
I'd love to take over my grandparents farm, but my g/f said a big hell no to moving to Minnesota. I miss the midwest.

07Negative
09-16-2012, 01:20 PM
I don't watch T.V, but instead I read a crap load. I'm still dumb as shit *scratches head*
But here are some books well worth the read
1) http://www.polyfacefarms.com/books-dvds/
2) http://www.wormwoman.com/acatalog/Wormwoman_catalog_Worms_Eat_My_Garbage_3.html
3) http://teamingwithmicrobes.com/home/
4) http://www.robertkourik.com/books/roots.html

I'm working on a NFT hydro system for growing lettuces and spinach. The root system of said plants are less than 6" long even if given the most ideal living situation. So it makes no sense to plant them in a rather expensive flower bed. Assuming your pressed for space like myself. I've only got 1000sq ft to work with. So I'm building up along my fences. I'm using one fence to grow herbs in for the same logic. But I use those shoe storage thingies you put on the closet door to organize shoes. Hang em along the fence and you've got a living wall essentially.
This is the ideal: http://greenupgrader.com/8460/diy-vertical-herb-garden-with-a-shoe-organizer/

Dredwolf
09-16-2012, 07:02 PM
The property I have is part of an old CCC project prior to WWII, repairing the massive erosion we had in the south from poor farming methods. It now has about 4" of topsoil over the red clay after my father and I have worked on it for....well, a long time. Previous years I used the disk harrows to plow the several small plots, but it always took a LOT of passes to make it right. I can pick up a old single or double bottom, or turning plow for $300-400, and make this go faster. I have access to dump truck loads of manure to spread and turn under, with the idea of going low/no-til once the soil gets right.

And I am lucky to have a university extension to send soil samples to, when its time. I missed the "real" garden this year, but this winter I will make a few more raised beds and prep for the spring. Food is not going to get any cheaper, and Mt. House and MRE's only go so far.

Carves
09-16-2012, 07:15 PM
There's quite a few veggies that will grow in the cold. If it gets too cold. You use a thing called a cold frame. It's essentially like a green house, but it fit directly over the planted item. Like: http://rutgers-leslie.blogspot.com/2012/03/cold-frame-gardening.html

I know a guy up in Newfoundland that gardens in the winter. Even has a worm farm in that cold weather.

Keep an eye out for these things ...

10ft long plastic tunnel that packs flat for storage ... Used em for the boundary hedge seedlings this winter and worked spot on ... also had the potatoes under there as a temporary .. :D

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/BackYard/HotHouseTunnel01b.jpg

You're going to use a turning plow for a 1/4 acre or the acre? Seems like excessive money and effort for such a small space (compared to commercial farming). I grew up on a farm which my great grandparents started. Their still alive and kickin, but too old to farm. They used a cover crop method and amended the soil through the years. Rototilling disturbs all the microbs in the soil and breaks up the mycorrhizae. That's the stuff you want in the root system. There is a farmer by the name, Joel Salatin. He's wrote a number of books that are really outstanding. His farm is called, "Polyface Farms." Another great book is, "Teaming with microbes."
If you get soil tests done. You can find out what minerals and nutrients your soil is lacking. It'll also tell you if your soil is fungal or bacterial dominate. That kinda stuff is really helpful to know to maximize healthy crops.
And if your need to rid of a weed ridden area. Throw down a layer of cardboard. Make sure they over lap each other so there are no spaces. Throw down 4-6" of mulch. Weeds and unwanted grasses are gone!
I'd love to take over my grandparents farm, but my g/f said a big hell no to moving to Minnesota. I miss the midwest.

The bigger the gear ... the quicker the jobs done .. ;) .. :D

My general approach to weeding and yard maintenance .. :D

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/BackYard/TonkaCollection01c.jpg ... http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/BackYard/Fill01c.jpg ... Insert poison bottle piccy here ...

07Negative
09-16-2012, 07:16 PM
Have soil tests done. I can send you links to places that do it. It's not too expensive. I have 6 samples done for my property and it was about $100. It'll give you a base line on where to start. What to add and what not to add. It's a good sign if you find worms and what not.
I'm not entirely against cow manure. But I've always gotten a crap load of weeds after using it. So I stopped and no more weeds. Though manure can be solarised to kill weed seeds. Keep up the good work man. I'd love to have some acreage.

Hum Wee JR
09-17-2012, 12:26 AM
I'll take you up on this. Some friends and I brew beer but use my buddy's property up in Santa Rosa to grow the hops.
No problem, they are usually ready for transplant sometime between march and may. Depends on how heavy the snow is. Pm me this spring so I don't forget.

NW99XJ
09-17-2012, 09:18 AM
Figured I'd show what i'm growing right now.
Naga Bhut Jolokia - AKA: The Ghost Pepper
Less than a year old, (still a a baby) - but dont let the size fool you.
These are from a couple weeks ago.
http://imageshack.us/a/img31/5920/img1753is.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/31/img1753is.jpg/)

http://imageshack.us/a/img16/5263/img1754ps.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/16/img1754ps.jpg/)

It'll come indoors once the weather turns more fall like.

07Negative
09-17-2012, 02:27 PM
Keep an eye out for these things ...

10ft long plastic tunnel that packs flat for storage ... Used em for the boundary hedge seedlings this winter and worked spot on ... also had the potatoes under there as a temporary .. :D

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/BackYard/HotHouseTunnel01b.jpg

The bigger the gear ... the quicker the jobs done .. ;) .. :D

My general approach to weeding and yard maintenance .. :D

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/BackYard/TonkaCollection01c.jpg ... http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/BackYard/Fill01c.jpg ... Insert poison bottle piccy here ...

That's a cold frame. Just like a green house, just way smaller and way cheaper! I was using painters plastic. But the sun oxidizes it fast b/c it's so thin. What kinda plastic stuff is that you got?

And you're a cheater! But you got a whole lotta land to work on. So I can't blame you.

xj4life2
09-17-2012, 02:57 PM
I have a small garden that I work and an orchard that came with the place so fresh fruit and veggies and on the table just about daily. Tried pumpkins or the first time this year to get the "grands" involved in the garden. but we have several things every year and then switch out for a differance. Nice hobby , saves money and relieves stress.

denverd1
09-17-2012, 03:40 PM

Shut the front door!! Being a rookie brewer (done about 30 batches over the last few years), I've fantasized about a hop garden but I can't even keep my 'maters alive and didn't want to start yet another project that would surely take more $$ and time. I've only brewed with pelletized hops although I've had stellar results with my beer. Sipping an oaked whiskey stout right now and pretty darn impressed with. About to bottle a Belgian wit and gotta get my oktoberfest going soon.

Anywho, the wife and I are thinking about doing a fall garden and wanted to check out what everyone else is growing.

4.3LXJ
09-17-2012, 03:47 PM
Shut the front door!! Being a rookie brewer (done about 30 batches over the last few years), I've fantasized about a hop garden but I can't even keep my 'maters alive and didn't want to start yet another project that would surely take more $$ and time. I've only brewed with pelletized hops although I've had stellar results with my beer. Sipping an oaked whiskey stout right now and pretty darn impressed with. About to bottle a Belgian wit and gotta get my oktoberfest going soon.

Anywho, the wife and I are thinking about doing a fall garden and wanted to check out what everyone else is growing.

Talk to HumWee Jr about the hops. He gets awards for his beer. As far as fall garden, it depends on where you are. Here I have citrus on the tree, oranges, tangerines and lemons that I will harvest at Christmas. I have some volunteer chard, which will get to spectacular proportions by spring. Other leafy stuff going in soon. Rhubarb growing, I expect to be having some pie by June. Garlic is going in too. We prefer hardneck, but will have some of the store bought type later in the summer. Also will plant some onion seeds and harvest small slender, "green onions" through out the winter and spring months and bulbs in July. Our strawberries were a bust, wrong type for here. Will plant some more. Wish we could grow avocados, but a little to cold for that.

07Negative
09-18-2012, 12:10 AM

Your growing zone (actually plant hardiness zone) is 8a. Here you go!
http://www.thevegetablegarden.info/resources/planting-schedules/zones-7-8-planting-schedule

Don't forget about companion planting. Meaning, what grows well next to each other. Here's a comprehensive list: http://www.companionplanting.net/ListofCompanionPlants.html

Don't buy crappy soil mixes from crappy stores like Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart, etc. If you have a native plant garden center. Go to them. If you already have decent soil. Just add organic matter to it. Completely composted compost. You don't want little shards of wood in your compost. That means its not completely composted and the nutrients are not readily available. Consider minerals. Glacial rock dust is a great source of minerals. Worm castings (worm shit). You wont nutrient burn roots. Damn near every veggie plant has a root system that likes a bacteria based soil vs fungal. So compound accordingly. If you have hydro stores. They are usually a good resource too.
Here's a great place for seeds: http://rareseeds.com/
Or: http://www.highmowingseeds.com/
If it gets wicked cold in your region. You can put things like straw over your garden area. It helps to block out some cold and retain moisture. It also helps with keeping weeds down (minimal though).
Grow things you like to eat, whatever it is. Then adventure out and try a few new things here and there. It'll open up your diet and taste buds.
Give worm composting a try as well. It's cool stuff!

denverd1
09-18-2012, 02:17 PM
awesome deejay. I've covered up this week, but when I get into this your thoughtful post is where I will start, followed by the sites you linked. Thanks for taking the time to post it

07Negative
09-18-2012, 07:28 PM
No sweat! I like gardening more than Jeeps or vagina! I'd love to be help to anyone willing to listen and learn. Ask me questions on anything. If I can help. I'd be more than happy to.

Brasscatz
09-18-2012, 07:47 PM
I like gardening more than Jeeps or vagina!
:eek::eek::eek: :D

Hum Wee JR
09-18-2012, 09:29 PM

Hops are a pretty hardy plant, as long as you water them they will grow. You can make it more complex and get better results, but if you water them they will do fine. Plant them in a 5 gallon pot. Place a stick in the middle of the pot. Tie one end of a 15 foot string to the stick, tie the other end to your roof trim or gutter and water. The string doesn't need to be completely horizontal an angle is fine. When you harvest untie the string from the roof sit down in a chair and pic the flowers from the vine. Dry on window screens stacked with some sort of spacer in between. Store in a plastic none scented garbage bag then seal in a 5 gallon bucket or zip lock dresser bags and place in the freezer.

At time of brew use whole hops just like you would pellets. When you rack (siphon) your sort ( beer) from the pot to your fermenter. Take plastic scrubby ( the one for washing dishes), remove the string holding it together. Discard string, rap scrubby around bottom of racking cane. This acts a filter keeping hop flowers out of your fermenter.

As a member of the B.J.C.P. (beer judge certificate program) I can tell you not only will your beer taste better and have better aroama. If you enter a competition you will improve your score by 1 or 2 points. Yes we the beer judges can tell the difference.

If this wasn't enough motivation how about this.
After a couple of years your plants will be fully matured and you will have more hops than you need. Then you sell your excess hops to your brewing buddies. Then use that money to buy your other beer ingredients and now you have

FREE BEER BECAUSE YOU GARDEN

P.S. don't forget to water your hops.

07Negative
09-18-2012, 10:59 PM
That's killer information! Wouldn't one want to replace the plastic container during curing for glass?
How long does a hops plant take to mature to harvest from?

Hum Wee JR
09-19-2012, 01:30 AM
That's killer information! Wouldn't one want to replace the plastic container during curing for glass?
How long does a hops plant take to mature to harvest from?
No real need to cure, you could try storing in glass. The main reason for plastic bags is to squeeze the air out to slow oxidation. Forgot to mention that part. Sorry. All hops sold to the consumer come vaccume packed in mylar to block light and oxidation. As for harvesting, you can harvest the first season. Yeild and quality won't be at peek until 2nd or 3rd season depending on strain of hops strength of the plant and growing conditions. Soil, fertilizer, nutrients, ect.

denverd1
09-19-2012, 09:05 AM
How freeze resilient are they? I prolly need to plan on moving them inside for the colder months if they're like any other plant, right?

denverd1
09-19-2012, 09:06 AM
No sweat! I like gardening more than Jeeps or vagina!

Is that your man card I hear flying out of your wallet?!? :D :crazy:

07Negative
09-19-2012, 02:33 PM
Is that your man card I hear flying out of your wallet?!? :D :crazy:

Pretty much. I gave up on humans for the most part. Plants make me happier, they don't complain if you treat them well, and I had my first kid so I'm practicing abstinence for now on (that explains the vagina thing).

denverd1
09-20-2012, 11:01 AM
Pretty much. I gave up on humans for the most part. Plants make me happier, they don't complain if you treat them well, and I had my first kid so I'm practicing abstinence for now on (that explains the vagina thing).

I'm done with humans too. Maybe I'll test me green thumb out on some hops n veggies. I've got my bow dialed in so I'll throw some deer meat in the mix.. Silly grocery store can shove it!!

Hum Wee JR
09-21-2012, 01:35 AM
Anyone with questions about hops and or soil chemistry post them ASAP. Tomorrow I am headed to a weekend long homebrew event with my buddy the hop farmer. I just found out tonight. More like forgot. I will bring my not so smart phone and check post at some point and answer any questions you have. His knowledge about hops and gardening in general far exceeds mine and is willing to help.

07Negative
09-21-2012, 12:26 PM
I'm a nerd on soil! I too am up for any questions on soil compounding, worm farming, and or brewing worm teas to suite a particular plant need.

Carves
09-28-2012, 09:23 PM
That's a cold frame. Just like a green house, just way smaller and way cheaper! I was using painters plastic. But the sun oxidizes it fast b/c it's so thin. What kinda plastic stuff is that you got?

Dunno ... it's sold as a UV stable plant cover .... but its cheap chinese stuff so probably only good for a coupla seasons.

And you're a cheater! But you got a whole lotta land to work on. So I can't blame you.

A cheater ... :mad: ... :D:D

Got all serious over the last week or so, what with spring almost starting and all.

Mapped out the area for the raised beds, fruit trees, potting shed, egg factory and occaisional, mobile lamb chop area ....

.... and so it began ... :rolleyes:

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/BackYard/Veg01c.jpg ... http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/BackYard/Veg05c.jpg ...

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/BackYard/Veg08c.jpg ... http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/BackYard/Veg11c.jpg

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/BackYard/Veg07c.jpg

I'm a bit fed up with rocks at the moment ... :D

4.3LXJ
09-28-2012, 09:27 PM
Have a little dirt to go with your rocks LOL

Carves
09-28-2012, 09:40 PM
Have a little dirt to go with your rocks LOL

:D

Sandy grit with the rock actually ... Its all sandstone country .... hence the fill and manure being delivered in ... such small quantities :D:D

sighhhhh ... one day it will all be done - only 3yrs behind at the moment ... :D:D

4.3LXJ
09-28-2012, 10:29 PM
I have great soil, but haul it in large quantities too. We have a compost facility that composts grass clippings and all the leaves from the city. Great stuff

07Negative
09-29-2012, 02:20 PM
I just got back from this place on Tuesday. Hands down the best place for compost. It's 2 biologist that own it.
http://sonomacompost.com/

Carves
10-01-2012, 02:29 AM
phewwww .... another afternoon of wheelbarrows and stackin rocks ... :smiley-gen165:

... Think I'll change my name to robert redford and build a trebuchet .... :D:D

Probably shoulda just got ol mate, while he was parked out front .... to do a quick run down the side fence ... and left it at that ...

..... instead of trying to get all fancy .. :bang: .. :D:D

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/BackYard/LawnCare01b.jpg

.... as a side note ... the 60yard run of potatoes is lookin good.

Carves
10-15-2012, 05:30 AM
Got all productive over the weekend ...

Gave my green thumb a workout ...

You can see it parked behind the XJ .. :D ... and shifted the pile of spill from the cut ...

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/BackYard/Veg15b.jpg

Sorted the rocks from the grit, dust, and the weeds ...

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/BackYard/Veg20b.jpg

got a few of the fruit trees transplanted ...

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/BackYard/Veg17b.jpg

and levelled off the general area for the raised bed, rows ...

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/BackYard/Veg21b.jpg

... and next weekend is a jeepin weekend ... be damned to the veggie garden ... :D

Carves
01-02-2013, 05:20 PM
Weathers been a bit warm to do as much as I would like ... added a few more raised beds and a ground level bed.

Tossing up whether to go hydroponics or aquaponics for some other stuff.

Christmas lunch was a meat and salad turnout ... most of which came from the veggie patch. The cute l'il lamb that needed to sleep inside during winter made a damn fine roast .. :shocker: .. :D:D

... and at the table ...

... a visiting littley was saying there werent as many chooks in the pen as there used to be ... So I interrupted by asking whether, she would like another slice of chicken on her plate .. :D:D

LizardRunner
01-03-2013, 11:41 AM
I'd like to, and when I say "I" I mean the wife. I like the idea of growing my own food, except for the being outside part, worrying about the bugs getting the goodies, then the birds getting the goodies...

Note to self; keep goodies in the pants so birds and bugs can't get them. We garden, and once we find the new land to build on, we will have about 1/2 acre devoted to veggies and 1/2 acre for berries, fruits and nuts.

denverd1
01-04-2013, 09:34 AM
any of you northern/western hemisphere cats eating winter veggies?

4.3LXJ
01-04-2013, 10:00 AM
Harvesting chard, a boatload of oranges, lemons and tangerines soon to come. Rhubarb any time we want it. Wife has perennial herbs we use from time to time. Artichokes are growing nicely in spite of the frost. Picking a small amount of broccoli. More broccoli growing along with kale

gary63
01-04-2013, 10:09 AM
just starting to figerout the winter thing.this year just have carrits poatatos and some herbs.also you can't call winter veg. but I just picked the last tomato witch was realy good .We are in are 20 now so I'm trying to figer out what I can grow in the winter.

denverd1
01-04-2013, 10:22 AM
since I had no idea what chard is -- Chard is, in fact, considered to be one of the healthiest vegetables available and a valuable addition to a healthy diet (not unlike other green leafy vegetables). [5] Chard has been around for centuries, but because of its similarity to beets is difficult to determine the exact evolution of the different varieties of chard. [6]

Steve, I was thinking, you're in CA its not winter there! but it looks to be about 29* right now... got a greenhouse ?

denverd1
01-04-2013, 10:26 AM
just starting to figerout the winter thing.this year just have carrits poatatos and some herbs.also you can't call winter veg. but I just picked the last tomato witch was realy good .We are in are 20 now so I'm trying to figer out what I can grow in the winter.

me too Gary. I got sorta interested in it but no idea where to start for winter stuff. Still getting tomatoes? must've been perfect weather up there.

gary63
01-04-2013, 10:33 AM
no I got tired of pulling up the plants when they stell have lots of tomato so now I grow them in big pots with wheels.So when the weather starts to get cold I just wheel them into for now the garage next to a south window and lot them finish up.

4.3LXJ
01-04-2013, 01:07 PM
since I had no idea what chard is -- Chard is, in fact, considered to be one of the healthiest vegetables available and a valuable addition to a healthy diet (not unlike other green leafy vegetables). [5] Chard has been around for centuries, but because of its similarity to beets is difficult to determine the exact evolution of the different varieties of chard. [6]

Steve, I was thinking, you're in CA its not winter there! but it looks to be about 29* right now... got a greenhouse ?

No greenhouse, but on our list. We have a pad for a big one, but is currently occupied by compost and compost barrel. I bought a small heat pump cheap for one.

As far as chard goes, very flavorful. I eat enough of it I cut a pile of it it like steak. I prefer the red to other colors. It has a better flavor and has lots of beta carotin. I use lemon juice from our Meyers lemon bush. Supposed to be a tree. High in natural sugar. Easy to grow too, I have a bazillion of them coming up where one went to seed

Carves
01-04-2013, 07:51 PM
Chard ????? ... What is this Chard ???

ohhhhhhh ..... Silverbeet .. ;) .. :D:D

yeah good stuff ... hardier than spinach in a hotter climate and a variety of colours as 4.3LXJ mentioned.

4.3LXJ
01-04-2013, 08:05 PM
Technically, Swiss Chard here. Might not work in OZ

Carves
01-04-2013, 08:40 PM
Technically, Swiss Chard here. Might not work in OZ

;)

:D:D

Actually .... swiss chard grows fine here ....

Altho I did notice it started growing a bit better ..... after the nearby Cluckingham Palace was renamed ....

the Chook Chalet .... :P .. :D

Apologies for the pic ... tis a tad warm outside and things are looking a bit droopy ....

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/BackYard/Veg41b_zps9623fda3.jpg

4.3LXJ
01-04-2013, 08:47 PM
That is how it looks here too. Maybe you can have a local Aborigine rename it for you. Probably grow taller then :D

Carves
02-22-2013, 10:35 PM
Lunch ...

Chicken & Tomato sandwich .. :D

Batch 04

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/BackYard/Batch0401b_zps830326c9.jpg

Looked a bit spotty/grubby on outside ... almost seedless and most tasty on the inside.

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/BackYard/Tomato01b_zps38705332.jpg

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/BackYard/Tomato02b_zps2d39814c.jpg

4.3LXJ
02-23-2013, 10:29 AM
Had a half gallon of fresh squeezed orange juice for supper last night, fresh broccoli for lunch. Transplanted the second batch of kale and picked swiss chard. We have given away about 300
3 of oranges and the tree is still loaded. Poor thing

Carves
02-23-2013, 05:27 PM
Had a half gallon of fresh squeezed orange juice for supper last night, fresh broccoli for lunch. Transplanted the second batch of kale and picked swiss chard. We have given away about 300

Lucky You. :D

Gunna be a good while before I have any oranges worth mentioning ..

Pumpkins on the other hand .. 4 per plant, so they say for the butternut type thats running amok up the back ... :rolleyes:

Might have enough squirreled away by your next halloween ... to sell youse all some .. :D

4.3LXJ
02-23-2013, 05:55 PM
We have decided to limit the amount of squash we grow. Too prolific. We had a blue hubbard that had only 5 on it. But they all ran about 50#. Too big to give away. I had to quarter them. Then they cross pollinated with some others we had and some came up volunteer. Turned out to be real bastards, and huge too. Finally killed them out I think

XJ Wheeler
02-24-2013, 02:08 AM

Our orange tree is producing like crazy this year too. Normal is a couple dozen, got probably about a hundred this year.

gary63
03-29-2014, 05:43 PM
how meny things can you use your xj for dealing with gardening? preping the spot by removing things transporting soil and plants. Can you think of anything and have amyone started?

4.3LXJ
03-29-2014, 07:25 PM
We planted tomatoes last week, more to come. We will harvest the last of our winger kale. Lots of winter chard yet. Lost two of my artichokes to the freeze, but one made it and starting to grow back. Lemon blossom buds now showing, apricots, peaches and plums have already bloomed

OGCollard
03-29-2014, 10:02 PM
I garden. I have about two thousand square feet of garden. For five years I ran a booth at my local farmersarket. Now I just grow for my own belly. I also keep a flock of ducks so I have natural pesticed and I get my own eggs. All in the middle of Omaha! Have a garden question ask away!

gary63
03-30-2014, 10:28 AM
will this year my sister want to do something with her 2acers so me and a freind got a old pull teller and a backhow that we will use the jeep to pull and move the to tell the land and dig ditches for pvc.

07Negative
03-30-2014, 04:46 PM
Thanks for bring up an old thread. I have since moved outa "Ghetto Chaeteu." I just started a new garden but I've got root maggots killing my spring crop. Warm wet conditions creates this. So I made up a BT recipe and pulled out some nematodes to hopefully eradicate the issue.

07Negative
03-30-2014, 05:13 PM
will this year my sister want to do something with her 2acers so me and a freind got a old pull teller and a backhow that we will use the jeep to pull and move the to tell the land and dig ditches for pvc.

2 acres is a great amount of space. Tilling can be counter productive if you're not also building soil. If you don't mind reading. Check into John Jeavons stuff. He has a great series on YouTube as well.

Carves
03-30-2014, 07:16 PM
Little veggie patch down here is still helping to reduce the supermarket costs.

Getting sick of pumpkin tho ... damn thing grows like a weed ... took another three XJ loads of the excess - that escaped from the 20 x10 "pumpkin patch" ... to the dump last week.

On a side note ... it seems the poor, hard done by, struggling, US genetic frankenfood companies have bribed our gubberment or something ??

... as new legislation coming, will apparently have armed police at the front door ... for giving a pumpkin to the neighbour.

Thats going to make school fetes and and weekend markets fun .. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Aahhhhh ... if only our gubberment was as serious with burglars and murderers .. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

4.3LXJ
03-30-2014, 08:32 PM
I know what you mean about squash. I grew one Hubbard plant. I got 240# of giant squash that took me at least six months to give away

07Negative
03-31-2014, 12:24 PM
Little veggie patch down here is still helping to reduce the supermarket costs.

Getting sick of pumpkin tho ... damn thing grows like a weed ... took another three XJ loads of the excess - that escaped from the 20 x10 "pumpkin patch" ... to the dump last week.

On a side note ... it seems the poor, hard done by, struggling, US genetic frankenfood companies have bribed our gubberment or something ??

... as new legislation coming, will apparently have armed police at the front door ... for giving a pumpkin to the neighbour.

Thats going to make school fetes and and weekend markets fun .. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Aahhhhh ... if only our gubberment was as serious with burglars and murderers .. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Funny. Many of my friends think I'm a knuckle head for not being supportive of GMO foods or seeds or commercial crops. I read about a law passes in your area quite some time ago about y'all getting heirloom seeds mailed to you as being a big no no. And indeed would face some fines and a visit from your local DNR or whatever y'all call em in your neck of the woods.
You guys have that many murders? Are sling shots banned there? I think guns are, no?

nickyg
03-31-2014, 01:21 PM
Does visiting the salad bar at The Olive Garden count?

gary63
03-31-2014, 02:25 PM
2 acres is a great amount of space. Tilling can be counter productive if you're not also building soil. If you don't mind reading. Check into John Jeavons stuff. He has a great series on YouTube as well.

her land is rock hard so we have been bring in dirt and compost and mixing it in so we can plant something. that will be on 1 acre the other will be rased beds.

gary63
03-31-2014, 02:26 PM

only if you have dirt on your hands and shoes:rolleye0012:

Carves
03-31-2014, 07:45 PM
Funny. Many of my friends think I'm a knuckle head for not being supportive of GMO foods or seeds or commercial crops. I read about a law passes in your area quite some time ago about y'all getting heirloom seeds mailed to you as being a big no no. And indeed would face some fines and a visit from your local DNR or whatever y'all call em in your neck of the woods.
You guys have that many murders? Are sling shots banned there? I think guns are, no?

GM stuff has its place ... As support for the agricultural sector ... NOT to rule over it.

Lotsa necessary quarantine regs and rules here - about importing stuff.
These new rules tho ... appear to favour control of food supply .. by big corporations only.

I wouldn't mind so much ... if those things that looked like apples, tomatoes and potatoes

... tasted and felt like apples, tomatoes and potatoes,

... may as well be eating out of grannies bowl of wax fruit these days .. :rolleyes: .. :mad:

Murders ... get a few now and then,
Slingshots ... Illegal for years,
Firearms ... Plenty - Its just owning that them - is over regulated these days.

07Negative
04-04-2014, 02:53 PM
This is my gardening assistant. Her name is, Creature.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/07Negative/Mobile%20Uploads/image-32.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/07Negative/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-32.jpg.html)

I've got 3000 gallons of rain harvesting
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/07Negative/Mobile%20Uploads/image-23.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/07Negative/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-23.jpg.html)

I grow berries in these so they don't take over
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/07Negative/Mobile%20Uploads/image-22.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/07Negative/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-22.jpg.html)

Worms eat my garbage. Then I use their poop
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/07Negative/Mobile%20Uploads/image-20.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/07Negative/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-20.jpg.html)

Hop garden
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/07Negative/Mobile%20Uploads/image-17.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/07Negative/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-17.jpg.html)

I do square foot gardening in my veggie beds. It's how I grow so much stuff in a small space. In 5 sq ft of space. I get about 150 carrots for example.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/07Negative/Mobile%20Uploads/image-15.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/07Negative/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-15.jpg.html)

A veggie bed measuring 5'x10'x2'. I use a trellis at one end for beans, tomatoes, etc
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/07Negative/Mobile%20Uploads/image-14.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/07Negative/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-14.jpg.html)

And here are some veggies
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/07Negative/Mobile%20Uploads/image-21.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/07Negative/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-21.jpg.html)
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/07Negative/Mobile%20Uploads/image-19.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/07Negative/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-19.jpg.html)
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/07Negative/Mobile%20Uploads/image-25.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/07Negative/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-25.jpg.html)
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/07Negative/Mobile%20Uploads/image-24.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/07Negative/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-24.jpg.html)
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/07Negative/Mobile%20Uploads/image-26.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/07Negative/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-26.jpg.html)
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/07Negative/Mobile%20Uploads/image-27.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/07Negative/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-27.jpg.html)

I use felt bag containers throughout the place to grown lettuces, more carrots bc they take so long to grow. Same with broccoli & cauliflower & spinach. Any where from 15-30 gallons
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/07Negative/Mobile%20Uploads/image-29.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/07Negative/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-29.jpg.html)

My collards are insane. I love collards & ham hawks.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/07Negative/Mobile%20Uploads/image-30.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/07Negative/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-30.jpg.html)

The best parenting advice I got was from Steve. He said take your kid everywhere you go and involve them with what you're doing. So I do just that.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/07Negative/Mobile%20Uploads/image-16.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/07Negative/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-16.jpg.html)

We grow "California tomatoes" too. But probably not appropriate to post here.

NW99XJ
04-04-2014, 03:04 PM
My collards are insane. I love collards & ham hawks.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/07Negative/Mobile%20Uploads/image-30.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/07Negative/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-30.jpg.html)

WHOLY MONSTER GREENS BATMAN!!!!!!
Looks like a frickin banana leaf!!! lol

07Negative
04-04-2014, 03:15 PM
All my veggies are like this. I put more effort into my soil compound than anything else. I truck up to Petaluma to a place called, Sonoma Compost. I get 2 different kinds of compost. 1 high in nitrogen. The other is high organic matter and aged for a year. So there's a ton of micro biology going on. Then I mix in bio char, about 2" around the root zone. and a bit more in the top 4" of the compost. I use Glacial rock dust, Azomite, Sea 90 for trace minerals. It helps with combating disease as well. I use about 100lbs of worm castings and 100lbs of coco to retain moisture. Compost doesn't really hold water well. Once I've done all that. I brew 30 gallons of worm tea in the formula of beneficial bacteria and not fungal. Let it all sit for about 2-3 days. And then transplant all my stuff.

4.3LXJ
04-04-2014, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the compliment Deejay. You should see my chard leaves. One just about makes a meal. I have had Rhubarb leaves 27" across in another garden I had. Funs stuff.

07Negative
04-04-2014, 03:48 PM
I love chard! Now Rhubarb on the other hand. I'm trying to learn to like it. So I grow it in small quantities. I use a brix tester (like they do in beer & wine making) on my veggies. Everything I grow is far superior to any market (including Whole Foods) and local farmers.
If I remember correctly, you and your wife's diet is pescatarian based, right? You guys are full on vegan raw diet?
Man, I still remember the day I drove up your driveway. All that open land, drenched in full sun. I wanted to set up a tent and farm the damn thing.

4.3LXJ
04-04-2014, 05:58 PM
Naw, we are lacto-oval veggies. But I like our stuff over store bought stuff

07Negative
04-05-2014, 10:27 PM
Finally got seeds to pop up today. 4 different kinds of beans, watermelon, cucumber, 4 kinds of tomatoes.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/07Negative/Mobile%20Uploads/image-37.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/07Negative/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-37.jpg.html)

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/07Negative/Mobile%20Uploads/image-36.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/07Negative/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-36.jpg.html)

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/07Negative/Mobile%20Uploads/image-38.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/07Negative/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-38.jpg.html)

4.3LXJ
04-05-2014, 10:28 PM
What is that netting yo have behind there Deejay?

07Negative
04-05-2014, 10:32 PM
It's a trellis from a hydro store. It's 4' wide & 6' long. It was on a spool. So I was able to ask for what length I needed. I use it for things that crawl.

Mudderoy
04-05-2014, 10:49 PM

Just visit, not eat, right?

07Negative
04-07-2014, 12:56 AM
I've been collecting free lumber off of Craigslist. So I made a gardening table to germinate seeds on to do succession planting (google it). I scored one of these 4'x8' trays from a local doh doh stoner kid for free .99. And it'll sit on top, filled with compost. I'll broadcast seeds in sections. Some seeds I'll acclimatize to the zone and soil. Makes for stronger genetics and helps with disease control.
That's how you prep for the zombie opoculipes guys n gals.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/07Negative/Mobile%20Uploads/image-39.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/07Negative/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-39.jpg.html)

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/07Negative/Mobile%20Uploads/image-41.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/07Negative/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-41.jpg.html)

Product placement of course

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/07Negative/Mobile%20Uploads/image-42.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/07Negative/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-42.jpg.html)

Dredwolf
04-08-2014, 09:17 AM
I've been collecting free lumber off of Craigslist. So I made a gardening table to germinate seeds on to do succession planting (google it). I scored one of these 4'x8' trays from a local doh doh stoner kid for free .99. And it'll sit on top, filled with compost. I'll broadcast seeds in sections. Some seeds I'll acclimatize to the zone and soil. Makes for stronger genetics and helps with disease control.
That's how you prep for the zombie opoculipes guys n gals.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/07Negative/Mobile%20Uploads/image-39.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/07Negative/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-39.jpg.html)

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/07Negative/Mobile%20Uploads/image-41.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/07Negative/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-41.jpg.html)

Product placement of course

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/07Negative/Mobile%20Uploads/image-42.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/07Negative/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-42.jpg.html)

We are getting a late start on the garden, the new batch of chickens is taking up a lot of my weekend project efforts. We are watching craigslist for low cost cinder block to make some permanent raised beds, and a feedlot panel and 4 t posts makes a fine bean tunnel

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

07Negative
04-10-2014, 03:21 AM
I transplanted the legumes. They took off great just in 2 days.
I finally picked up this tray that I thought was 4x8, but turns out its 3x6, which I'm okay with. I've got space to work with. I can trans plant to 1/4, 1/2 or 1 gallon felt bags. I even scored 20+ some odd 7 gallon pots from a pot head. Free.99. My favorite price.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/07Negative/Mobile%20Uploads/image-46.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/07Negative/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-46.jpg.html)

Then made 2 bird feeders.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/07Negative/Mobile%20Uploads/image-45.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/07Negative/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-45.jpg.html)

07Negative
04-13-2014, 01:20 AM
I'm obviously bogarding this thread. Sorry if I'm that boring. Oh wait! No I'm not sorry! Here's what I did today. If you give a shit.
Native strawberries. In CA, we have 3 very distinctive strains. This particular one likes the sun and drought. It's got waxy like leaves. Produces a very small fruit (that's what she said). Bitter as hell. But they work out great in dessert recipes. You can find them all throughout CA, NV, OR. The genetic is however slightly different. But belong in the same geno.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/07Negative/Mobile%20Uploads/image-50.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/07Negative/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-50.jpg.html)
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/07Negative/Mobile%20Uploads/image-51.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/07Negative/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-51.jpg.html)

This plant I have no idea what the name is. But it smells better than sweet apple pie. It's great for getting off cigar smoke too. So the wide isn't bitching about how much you stink.
Can also be found in Ca,NV,& the drier parts or OR.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/07Negative/Mobile%20Uploads/image-52.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/07Negative/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-52.jpg.html)

The kid & I have been eating outa the veggie bed for the past week. Mainly radishes,kale,spinach, & lettuces. I hate how carrots take their sweet ass time to grow. Fricking slackers! But in the end. They come out looking like sex toys. For women of course. Unless ur into the alternative. I'm not judging. Really.... :)
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/07Negative/Mobile%20Uploads/image-53.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/07Negative/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-53.jpg.html)
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/07Negative/Mobile%20Uploads/image-54.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/07Negative/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-54.jpg.html)
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/07Negative/Mobile%20Uploads/image-55.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/07Negative/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-55.jpg.html)

For how crummy the pic is. There are about 150 carrots in a 1'x5' space. They create a cool micro climate in such space. Not a single frickin weed around these beauties.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/07Negative/Mobile%20Uploads/image-56.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/07Negative/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-56.jpg.html)

And even us white folk like our watermelon.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/07Negative/Mobile%20Uploads/image-58.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/07Negative/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-58.jpg.html)

07Negative
04-13-2014, 01:36 AM
Creature eating a radish
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/07Negative/Mobile%20Uploads/image-59.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/07Negative/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-59.jpg.html)

The current book I'm reading, that I'm shits & giggles about as usual.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/07Negative/Mobile%20Uploads/image-60.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/07Negative/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-60.jpg.html)

gary63
04-13-2014, 08:40 AM
keep up the good work it all looks good.

4.3LXJ
04-13-2014, 04:12 PM
Deejay, the unknown herb is Rosemary. It will get fair sized. We have one that is about 2' high and 3' in diameter. Nice lavender/blue flowers this time of year. Also good to eat. We use it on potatoes. Chop them up and use non virgin olive oil with bruised or crushed rosemary to coat the spuds. Then bake on cookie sheet until soft.

07Negative
04-13-2014, 11:54 PM
Naw. It's not rosemary. Kinda looks like it though. It's a native shrub. I'll look it up to get the name for it.

07Negative
04-14-2014, 12:12 AM
That didn't take long. It's called, Artemisia-californica. Also called california sage brush. I'm tryna work on my Latin. I'm horrible with native plant names.
I've also got a 10'x10' area of Carex praegracilis planted. I hate sod with a passion. So this works out in lieu of sod. Great in alkaline soils. Sun or shade. Kids can play in it. I just picked up some native sunflower & poppy. I'm going to design a Prairie in a small section. This yard is small. So I'd rather grow as much food as I can.

4.3LXJ
04-14-2014, 09:42 AM
Sometime when you come here there is a place in town owned by the power company dedicated to native plants. Kind of interesting

07Negative
04-14-2014, 04:32 PM
Is it a nursery? As in they sell plants? I've been going to the Watershed Nursery in Richmond, out by the Chevron power plant. 1.5acres of beautiful Cali natives. We may have some really shitty politics, but cali natives are the best in the nation (IMO of course).

NW99XJ
04-14-2014, 04:39 PM
http://global3.memecdn.com/gardening_o_205198.jpg

http://global3.memecdn.com/evil-look-is-evil_o_2222663.webp
^07NEGATIVE AS A CHILD... LOL!

4.3LXJ
04-14-2014, 04:49 PM
Is it a nursery? As in they sell plants? I've been going to the Watershed Nursery in Richmond, out by the Chevron power plant. 1.5acres of beautiful Cali natives. We may have some really shitty politics, but cali natives are the best in the nation (IMO of course).

Not a nursery. Just a patch of ground in town that is dedicated to preserving native plants

Carves
04-14-2014, 05:50 PM
Veggie patches are looking good 07Negative .. :thumbsup:

Enough of the Latin tho, ehh ?
... I have enough problems with American .. ;);) .. :D

07Negative
04-14-2014, 06:26 PM
That was pretty damn good Josh. I was such a loner kid, funny lookin (and still am), and my mom made my clothes until I was 11. Traumatic times my youth.

07Negative
04-24-2014, 10:36 PM
Been bustin ass lately. Tryna get all the germinated seedlings out. Designing micro climates. Toying with the "3 sisters" lay out. Got some heirloom corn seeds finally. But here's what I got

Artichoke bed with the urbanite.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/07Negative/Mobile%20Uploads/image-64.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/07Negative/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-64.jpg.html)

A 4x5' veggie bed to do the 3 sisters in

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/07Negative/Mobile%20Uploads/image-65.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/07Negative/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-65.jpg.html)

Then I made some 1'x2'x20" beds for this 1950's tool shed ill never use. Since I don't need a lawn mower, weed wackier, and all those other bs tools. I'll be turning this shed into a greenhouse.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/07Negative/Mobile%20Uploads/image-67.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/07Negative/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-67.jpg.html)

4.3LXJ
04-24-2014, 10:37 PM
Wife is out planting her basil as I read this :D

Carves
04-24-2014, 11:10 PM
Wife is out planting her basil as I read this :D

I'm busy, watching, stuff get planted too .... :rolleye0012: .. :D

Its replacing the numerous XJ and trailer loads of pumpkin vine, that I took to the dump.

XjJeepacorn
04-30-2014, 07:47 AM
I love fresh basil :) I haven't started anything yet, its been too cold but I will be soon

gary63
04-30-2014, 10:14 AM
will this year my daughter wanted to help so we started her a small garden in pots. we started hers about 2 weeks ago she pick the stuff out she has carrots ,cress ,chive ,spinach ,green onion ,and potatos. she now bugging me on when we are going to plant tomatos she is a nuts over for. so far everything is coming up great and she is hooked. She is 6 going onto 7 will have to see how long it last. So far she started helping me on the jeep last year and she is stell helping wanting to know when we are going to do the lift. Thous small hand work get getting into tite spots to run wires.

07Negative
05-01-2014, 08:52 PM
I've got more radishes than I know what to do with

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/07Negative/Mobile%20Uploads/image-69.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/07Negative/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-69.jpg.html)

150 carrots 3 different kinds. Mostly used for juicing and snacking on while working

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/07Negative/Mobile%20Uploads/image-73.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/07Negative/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-73.jpg.html)

10 kale plants. I got 10 more growing for succession planting.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/07Negative/Mobile%20Uploads/image-72.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/07Negative/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-72.jpg.html)

Zucchini, butternut squash, & cucumber in these 10gallon pots

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/07Negative/Mobile%20Uploads/image-70.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/07Negative/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-70.jpg.html)

4.3LXJ
05-01-2014, 08:56 PM
And on that note, we lost a half dozen pepper plants to a gopher last night :bang::bang::bang::bang:

07Negative
05-02-2014, 09:30 AM
Man! I'd be kicking and screaming! Gophers are such buttholes to the gardener. If it makes you feel any better. I can't get my pepper plants to even germinate. Nor the eggplant.
How about gopher baskets? I just seen them at ACE for pretty cheap.

gary63
05-02-2014, 10:06 AM
we use bullsnakes they get red of gophers and mice in and around the garden they also keep rattlesnake away the down side living in a desert.

4.3LXJ
05-02-2014, 10:42 AM
I am going to see if I can get the stuff to build the ultimate gopher trap. Deejay, you must not have the right bugs there for pollination. I grew a Naga pepper plant and had the same problem. The flowers were too small for bees

07Negative
05-02-2014, 12:19 PM
we use bullsnakes they get red of gophers and mice in and around the garden they also keep rattlesnake away the down side living in a desert.

Now that I didn't think of. Bullsnakes. We've been using the cat and a dog. The dog is actually better than the cat. Then I was using a Gammo pellet gun when I could find activity. But the snake is a way better idear.

07Negative
05-02-2014, 12:21 PM
I am going to see if I can get the stuff to build the ultimate gopher trap. Deejay, you must not have the right bugs there for pollination. I grew a Naga pepper plant and had the same problem. The flowers were too small for bees

No Steve. I mean from seed. The damn seeds wont germinate at all. I've tried indoors, outdoors, with and without light. Its driving me mad. The seeds are not old and have been stored properly.

4.3LXJ
05-02-2014, 01:23 PM
Pepper seeds are not the easiest to germinate. Not all my tries have been a success. Have you tried a heated seed bed?

gary63
05-02-2014, 03:26 PM
and they are not poisen and they eat bugs and you can teach you kides how to spot them and to stay away from them.

gary63
05-02-2014, 03:31 PM
have you tried starting them in a wet paper towl for 1 to 2 days then transplant them into a heat seed bed like steve said that is the only way I have been able to get my pepper plaints to start from seed.

07Negative
05-02-2014, 04:16 PM
I have yet to try them that way. Will tonight though.

gary63
05-02-2014, 07:08 PM
just put the seeds in a damp papertowl not dripping and then put them into a plastic bag. Then lot them set for a day or two. I did 2 batches 1 sat for 1day and the other went for 2 days. then I mark were I planted them so I would know what worked. you do 2 batches because every place is deffrent and the seeds soak up the water at a deffrent rate. good luck every thing you are growing look good.

Rocco83
05-02-2014, 07:59 PM
Wait. You guys are saying that plants come from places other than Whole Foods? Soon you'll be saying that milk and eggs don't originate there either. Lol

But yea, I've got everything in the ground except peppers and tomatos. With the weather we've had I'm not sure when our last hard frost might come. The plants I do have out there I cover every night with 5 gallon buckets to give them a little protection. Weather has been shit for the garden this far, but if it keeps up we're going to have an amazing corn yield for the farm.

07Negative
05-03-2014, 08:25 PM
For you cold weather folks. If you haven't hear or read anything by Eliot Coleman. He's a boss in cold weather farming. Check em out.

http://www.fourseasonfarm.com/

Also check out what Will Allen does up in Wisconsin. He's my number 1 urban farmer hero. I love this guy. Even got his autograph. Growing Power is his organization.

07Negative
05-03-2014, 08:28 PM
Is anyone has been looking for the best watering can. Here you go. I just got one for the kid even.

http://www.hawswateringcans.com/professional.asp

Rocco83
05-03-2014, 09:48 PM
Is anyone has been looking for the best watering can. Here you go. I just got one for the kid even.

http://www.hawswateringcans.com/professional.asp

You just joking around? You spent $150 on a water can?? That would be fine if you could sit on your ass in the house and it would go out and water your garden for you.

07Negative
05-03-2014, 11:02 PM
I sure the hell did! It's a forever piece and is so insanely awesome. Also not made in China. The rose is perfect & the can is balanced. It's worth it to me.

gary63
05-04-2014, 08:44 AM
good tools are always a good invesment. I have Snap-on tools that my dad gave me and he's gave him. they are wrenches and sockets you can buy some use them ones and them get another or pay more for something that you can use for a life time and then pass it on to your kids and every time they use it they remember you and the time with you they spentwith you. That is priceless. thous water cans do last my mother had one and when she pass on I have and my daighter wants it when she grows up.The memerys are with evey penny.

07Negative
05-04-2014, 11:21 AM
That's my attitude as well. I use it daily. I've tried cheap ones. They broke, leaked, got oxidized, etc. this one doesnt. Therefor I found its value. I also justify its costs since I don't need a lawn mower, weedwacker, or any of the other expensive gardening tools. I've got 4 shovels, 2 rakes, 1 waterhose, 3 Felco gardening sheers, wheelbarrow, & my watering can. It's all I need. I just bought better quality tools & still spent less than the average home owner.

Brasscatz
05-04-2014, 03:35 PM
I don't need a lawn mower, weedwacker, or any of the other expensive gardening tools.

Now I'm wondering what your front yard looks like.

Rocco83
05-04-2014, 07:58 PM
I can understand the Snap On tools, most of mine are Snap On or MAC. Depending on where I could find a sale and who I knew that could take advantage of the sale. Still can't wrap my head around the water can though unless you throw it around and the one you bought can be replaced for free when you break it or something. I've used the same set of $4 water cans in a 1-4 acre garden for the last dozen years.

Different strokes for different folks. We've all got different things we throw money at...well except Jeeps, we've all go that money pit we dump money into haha

Carves
05-04-2014, 08:49 PM
Flash looking watering can .. :cool:

If I was hand watering, I could see the value in a well built, balanced, can like that ... much better than the rubbish sold at hardware stores round here.

...... but I'm a lazy bugger ... and opted for a dripper irrigation system instead .. :o

07Negative
05-05-2014, 02:17 AM
Now I'm wondering what your front yard looks like.

I do native to my area landscaping. It's pretty much maintanence free. Stays green even during the summer. I'm not the "normal" kinda suburbanite. I hate concrete, sod lawns (especially in our climate), I disapprove of roses like I do oil leaks. Definitely not white trash kinda mess happening over here. But I'm also not the normal guy. Slightly out there but logical. Cali natives are some of the best gene around.

gary63
05-05-2014, 12:42 PM
I have to agree I know people that buy gold and silver then they have to cash it in to pay someone to fix things because they don't have any tools or know how to use them.

Carves
05-15-2014, 10:35 AM
And on that note, we lost a half dozen pepper plants to a gopher last night :bang::bang::bang::bang:

Damn Gophers .. :rolleye0012:

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/BackYard/Gophers01b_zps498dc74f.jpg

And whilst not veggie gardening .... This is some of the rocks - that came out of the area where the veggie patch now is ..

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/BackYard/GabionWall10b_zps93408dde.jpg

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/BackYard/GabionWall17b_zps1872d10c.jpg

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/BackYard/GabionWall18b_zpsc3c89f15.jpg

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/BackYard/GabionWall14b_zps36d67340.jpg

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/BackYard/GabionWall19b_zpsb2d51470.jpg

denverd1
05-15-2014, 02:51 PM
I'm late to the gardening party this year, just thought I'd post up what we planted. I'm doing small containers this year since our 100 lb puppy would have a ball digging up everything in a few minutes and I didn't want to build a fence around it. The containers are all on the deck hopefully high enough she won't be tempted to mess with them.

Standard assortment of peppers - jalapeno, cayenne, green bells, onions
couple tomatoes, strawberries and cantaloupe. bought some cucumber plants but kinda ran out of room. We'll see how the do then I'll thin them out when they start producing

My favorite part: converting a sprinkler head under the deck to a drip system!

gary63
05-15-2014, 06:44 PM
Damn Gophers .. :rolleye0012:

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/BackYard/Gophers01b_zps498dc74f.jpg

And whilst not veggie gardening .... This is some of the rocks - that came out of the area where the veggie patch now is ..

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/BackYard/GabionWall10b_zps93408dde.jpg

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/BackYard/GabionWall17b_zps1872d10c.jpg

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/BackYard/GabionWall18b_zpsc3c89f15.jpg

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/BackYard/GabionWall14b_zps36d67340.jpg

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/BackYard/GabionWall19b_zpsb2d51470.jpg

you must have some violent rock you have to keep them in cages and I see you have a big mean one on a leash guarding your jeep. But then you have some big gophers. lol:mel::xj-green:

Carves
05-15-2014, 07:54 PM
you must have some violent rock you have to keep them in cages and I see you have a big mean one on a leash guarding your jeep. But then you have some big gophers. lol:mel::xj-green:

:smiley-laughing021:

07Negative
05-15-2014, 08:47 PM
That's not a gopher hole man! That looks like a Canadian dug himself into ur yard.

gary63
06-07-2014, 05:38 PM
Hay anyone is there any good use for white mulberrys I have a tree that hang over into my yard and it drops the mulberrys I have a tarp under it to catch they. So fare I have 15gal. of the berry they don't have much taste.Any suggestion I have cut the vtree back and it keeps grouwing back so if I can't get reid of it I might aswill use them. thank for any.

4.3LXJ
06-07-2014, 06:25 PM
Haven't heard of any uses, but with enough sugar you can make jam and jelly out of anything. My father once made jelly using bug larva :D Should have seen mom's face when she found out

07Negative
06-07-2014, 08:55 PM
Well! How was that larva jam? I'd try that

4.3LXJ
06-07-2014, 09:48 PM
Quite tasty actually. But the look on their faces when they found out those red things were not berries, but galls was priceless. Dad was never the outdoors type

gary63
06-08-2014, 09:40 AM
jam from bug larva must be a old farm thing my uncle made some and I eat it it is ok. it not one I would make all the time but ones in a wile it is as steve said fun to look at and see peoples faces after they eat it and like.lol

4.3LXJ
07-12-2014, 09:07 PM
Small update on living on the edge of civilization. We chased the gopher off. Smell of gunpowder got to him. But now we have a fox visiting us. We thought that was cool at first. Very tame, watches you water the garden ………. then helps himself to the produce. Loves chard, likes tomatoes too. :bang::bang::bang::bang:

oderdene
07-13-2014, 12:29 AM
prepare guns, wait wait wait,

Fire!

gary63
07-13-2014, 10:11 AM
Garden feed fox on the BBQ that sound good and you get some of your garden back in a way.

WhiteDevil1311
07-13-2014, 12:39 PM
4.3 get cougar urine. No more critters ever. Ive got a 5' garden fence up around my food plot with a rope of all different metals (cans, chains, chrome, ect) to scare off the deer that decide to try and eat my veggies. Cayenne pepper powder works as a small critter up to yote size as a deterrant too. As far as gophers go...caddyshack it.

WhiteDevil1311
07-13-2014, 12:39 PM
Yes I use cougar urine as well to keep em away

4.3LXJ
07-13-2014, 04:12 PM
The pets might not like that I think

WhiteDevil1311
07-13-2014, 04:17 PM
My dane and our indoor outdoor worthless cat havnt had issues. My dane did go pee on the property corner I used. Its pheromone level protection from the dinner that eats our side dishes

4.3LXJ
07-13-2014, 04:17 PM
Worth considering then. The fox was hanging around the shop today while we were working in there

WhiteDevil1311
07-13-2014, 04:18 PM
But others might take offense to it as in pets. Just an idea

07Negative
10-09-2014, 07:17 PM
Personally, I think my summer garden sucked. I got tomatoes, sure. Kale all day long. Cucumbers were okay. Coulda done way better. Not sure how. But from previous experiences. I know I could have. But I'll tell you what. I was able to juice twice a day, everyday. And make veggie chips.
For how much I really enjoy cooking. I do rather love the dehyrator, juicer, & Blender (gets very little use). If you get blossom rot from tomatoes. All is not lost folks. Unless there is mold! You can cut off the rot and dry them. Sundried tomatoes like no other.
it seems however I either can't get crap to germinate for the fall. Or these damn bugs keep eating away at my starts.
Made some bangin ass pickles this year. Hoping to do the same with Cabbage for sauerkraut. I even planted mustard seed wicked late for next season in the greenhouse. I've never made my own mustard before.

4.3LXJ
10-09-2014, 08:14 PM
The wife made some good zucchini pickles, on the warm side with the peppers. Everybody seems to love them

07Negative
10-10-2014, 02:44 PM
Oh man! I'd love to try that! I've never had nor thought of that before. I always over plant zucchinis. And one healthy zucchini plant will net you a good 20 or so. I'm waiting for the last 20 or so San Marzono tomatoes to rippen up. Then I'll pull it and compost it. Then I'm making the kids garden much bigger. It's too small right now.
I learned a pretty slick trick this gardening season. To rid of aphids. You take a table spoon of a product called, "Sea90" for every gallon of water. Spray the plant. The aphids disappear.

4.3LXJ
10-10-2014, 03:36 PM
The best part is she used oversized Zuks. You know how they are if you don't watch them closely

WhiteDevil1311
10-12-2014, 07:35 AM
If any of you hve fish tanks. Us the dirty waste water for your plants. If you fish keep some carp and bury them near the veggies roots.

07Negative
10-14-2014, 03:38 PM
I actually use this product called, "Pure Protein" from carp. It works insanely well. It is however really high in nitrogen.

WhiteDevil1311
10-16-2014, 05:58 AM
Yea. Its about $10 a bottle right? Cut it with rain water to dilute the nitrogen

Carves
05-06-2015, 08:17 PM
Heard a funny noise up in the veggie patch in the wee hours of this morning.

.. turns out it was the local town fox which must got its paw caught in the chook cage, wire mesh or the shade cloth.

Dumb thing just stood there - until I kicked its arse, and it finally scampered off.

Wish I'd put some proper boots on - instead of wandering around the yard in the moonlight .... in just me slippers and PJs .. :rolleyes: .. :o .. :D

bruggz351
05-07-2015, 04:11 AM
Heard a funny noise up in the veggie patch in the wee hours of this morning.

.. turns out it was the local town fox which must got its paw caught in the chook cage, wire mesh or the shade cloth.

Dumb thing just stood there - until I kicked its arse, and it finally scampered off.

Wish I'd put some proper boots on - instead of wandering around the yard in the moonlight .... in just me slippers and PJs .. :rolleyes: .. :o .. :D

HAHAHAHA!!!

I could picture it.... stupid fox thinkin it's goose was cooked... you, cruisin through the night, dressin gown flyin, steamy breath in the cool night air.

BOOT!!! All of a sudden, the fox has freedom, and a mostache. :D

matchframe
05-07-2015, 06:39 AM
I am what might be called and "Accidental Gardener". I have not cleaned out my gutters this year so there is a tomato plant growing from it. The first tomato of the year just turned red.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/matchframe/IMG_4788_zpsekfxp6gf.jpg

BlackYeti
05-07-2015, 12:31 PM
I created this last year. Just got done tilling it up last week and getting ready for this years plants. Also had to put a fence around it to keep the chickens out....
http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l525/91to99/IMG_20140511_171223_487.jpg

Does anyone know what this could be? It came up early this year. The leaves are very soft, not like a spiney weed...
http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l525/91to99/IMG_20150426_195735_995.jpg

4.3LXJ
05-07-2015, 01:53 PM
That is a common weed. Can't remember the common name off the top of my head. It will eventually send up a tall flower spike with multiple yellow flowers. The little short beaked song birds like to come and pick out the small black seeds from the pods

BlackYeti
05-07-2015, 02:46 PM
That's what I was thinking. Welp, since I can't eat it, its gonna be gone.
Thanks Steve, your knowledge is never ending.
Chris

4.3LXJ
05-07-2015, 05:11 PM
That's what I was thinking. Welp, since I can't eat it, its gonna be gone.
Thanks Steve, your knowledge is never ending.
Chris

Glad to put my college education to work. Minored in Botany. But you would be surprised how many weeds have become standard fare in gardens and flower beds. That weed has a kissing cousin that is being hybridized last I heard for flower beds

WhiteDevil1311
07-06-2015, 07:49 AM
I plant flowers in the veggie field (80'x25' garden here). Gotta keep them pollenators coming.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Carves
07-06-2015, 06:45 PM
Managed to clear out the potato patch over the weekend.

Seemed like a good job for all the visitors kids,

... I'll be raking and shovelling garden soil back ... and finding trowels and forks for the next month .. :rolleyes: .. :D

4.3LXJ
07-06-2015, 06:49 PM
Meanwhile here in CA, I am running out of friends to give produce to ….. :confused:

Brasscatz
07-06-2015, 07:07 PM
Could always ship a few bushels to Texas ;)

4.3LXJ
07-06-2015, 07:10 PM

Vine ripe tomatoes? Might be tomato soup by the time it gets there :rolleyes:

Carves
07-06-2015, 07:18 PM

Vine ripe tomatoes? Might be tomato soup by the time it gets there :rolleyes:

:rolleye0012:

:D:D

https://youtu.be/7bu69cnv0iU

cantab27
07-08-2015, 07:04 PM
helped out in the garden on weekend .....

got asked to leave but jeep stays........:D

4.3LXJ
07-08-2015, 08:48 PM
helped out in the garden on weekend .....

got asked to leave but jeep stays........:D

Just hook up the tiller, and pedal to the metal …. uh, I mean round and round :D

4.3LXJ
07-31-2015, 10:46 AM
http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu215/warriorsuspension/Funny%20Stuff/2015-07-31_08-03-06_65_zpso88kckkm.jpg

Wife went out to the garden this morning and came back and said:

If only you had a set ….. :smiley-scared003:

The bull next door only snorted :rolleyes: