PDA

View Full Version : General Tire

Sneedle Vision
09-15-2012, 01:04 AM
Does anybody have any experience with General? Specifically their Grabber?

It looks pretty cool, but just wondered if it held up well, good grip, stuff like that. Here's a picture for good measure.
http://www.generaltire.com/images/tire-library/grabber_comp_3_4_product.png

illuminator
09-15-2012, 11:16 AM
We have been running general tires on our work trucks for years. They're not the mud terrain though, but we have been pleased with them aside from the occasional screw puncture. They last a really long time but the mud terrain may not offer as long of tread life.

bluedragon436
09-15-2012, 11:40 AM
From what I've read online the MT and the AT2 versions got really high rankings and reviews... but as far as the tread pattern you are looking for I havent seen too much on them.. I like the new AT2's, because they look like they'd get the same performance as the BFG AT's would.. The MT's look pretty beefy too, and as far as pricing.. I think that would be a deciding factor for you...

XJ Wheeler
09-15-2012, 01:24 PM
There's only three things i know about those. They have red letters on the side, are super pricey, and look awesome on Randy Ellis' flattie-rod.

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h401/xj-wheeler/Random%20Jeeps/red-inc-randy-ellis-design-willys-hot-rod11.jpg

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h401/xj-wheeler/Random%20Jeeps/randy_ellis_rat_rod_egbgq.jpg

Sneedle Vision
09-15-2012, 02:03 PM
Everything I've read on them has seen like filler information. I'm not sure how new this design is so that may be part of it.

I might just have to be the guinea pig on em! If you've got opinions, let's hear those too!

As far as being super pricey, I found them to be only $10 more than BFG ATs in 33x12.5/15. That doesn't really scream super pricey to me, but who knows.

XJ Wheeler
09-15-2012, 02:27 PM
As far as being super pricey, I found them to be only $10 more than BFG ATs in 33x12.5/15. That doesn't really scream super pricey to me, but who knows.

Ok, that was a while back. I think probably not too long after they came out so that might be why they were pricey then. Must have come down some since, sorry.

07Negative
09-15-2012, 02:36 PM
I'm actually switching from BFG KMII's to Good Year MTR's. have you considered MTR's?
That rat rod jeep looks super cool!

4.3LXJ
09-15-2012, 03:50 PM
One thing I would consider in Texas is that those tires are not mud tires. They were designed for high speed dirt racing.

cantab27
09-15-2012, 04:39 PM
One thing I would consider in Texas is that those tires are not mud tires. They were designed for high speed dirt racing.

x2 on the mud bit...what kinda wheeling do you do

Sneedle Vision
09-15-2012, 05:30 PM
For me over here in NC, it's just light trails and pavement right now. No serious rocks and definitely no mud pits. Too lazy :D

denverd1
09-16-2012, 04:14 PM
That rat jeep is really cool!! Love the red letters on those. Do they come in Chili Pepper pearl?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

denverd1
09-16-2012, 04:16 PM
If someone wants to find a more affordable tire, check out treadwright.com. Takes a few weeks to get them in but 620 for 4 is hard to beat. Just got my 33s on this week. They came on Goodyear Kevlar casings to boot. I'm happy with 'em. Haven't tested yet but they look good.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Sneedle Vision
09-16-2012, 05:13 PM
If someone wants to find a more affordable tire, check out treadwright.com. Takes a few weeks to get them in but 620 for 4 is hard to beat.

Those retreads are definitely a good price, but I know I'm not going to run them on any vehicle of my while it sees any street duty.

Too many crazy things happen on the road as it is without me having to worry about my tires.

denverd1
09-17-2012, 09:01 AM
Those retreads are definitely a good price, but I know I'm not going to run them on any vehicle of my while it sees any street duty.

Too many crazy things happen on the road as it is without me having to worry about my tires.

I can respect that. Mine sees road duty couple times a week running to the corner store or closest bar or to grab a few groceries. I usually don't go over 50 and am on the road for less than 5 minutes. The company offers a 2 year warranty as well. If I was putting down a couple hundred miles a week I'd be a little more concerned about what tires were on it.