PDA

View Full Version : XJ Value

Sneedle Vision
09-13-2012, 12:06 PM
Hey guys, thinking and only thinking...about selling my XJ.

My brother recently bought one of IronManAndy's 5.9L ZJ and I fell in love with it. So I was curious to find out what you guys think I could actually sell my XJ for.

2000 Sport - 95k, Auto, 6.5" Clayton Long Arm, AA slip yoke, Bushwacker flat flares, Detours Tailbone and Sliders, (5)285/75/16 BFG Rugged Terrains on Moabs, H4 bulbs and housings, EBC rotors and Yellow Stuff pads.

Most recent picture I have...
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j388/sneedlevision/Jeep%20Build/IMAG0293.jpg

More info and pics in the build thread in the sig. vvv

DETOURS
09-13-2012, 12:26 PM
Detours TailBone? Hold out for the BIG bucks!!!

Dont worry Matt, next week.

Honestly, he's got some quality parts on there esp. with the Clayton set up, hold out for some decent coin!

XJ Wheeler
09-13-2012, 03:01 PM
Nope, can't sell it. You've got to keep it, FOREVER!

Seriously, why does this keep happening? I thought you guys LIKED cherokees.

Mudderoy
09-13-2012, 03:10 PM
Nope, can't sell it. You've got to keep it, FOREVER!

It's Andy's fault.

Sneedle Vision
09-13-2012, 05:04 PM

I do like my Cherokee! Just something about that V8 and more room are hard to beat. I would keep both if I had the space and could afford it!

Tony is right though. It didn't help Andy built a sick dual purpose rig.

XJ Wheeler
09-13-2012, 07:29 PM
No disrespect but it just doesn't make sense to me. You guys put so much into these rigs, in both time and money, and then get rid of it. Although, we all get bored with things at some point.

07Negative
09-13-2012, 08:38 PM
Sadly, you'd probably make out with more coin if you parted it out. I would say maybe only 5-6K and that's if you find a smart buyer that wont nickle and dime you over stuff.
That's why I'm just keeping mine and building it until I go broke. Which isn't so far away from now.

Jeepster19
09-13-2012, 10:31 PM
Keep it!!! That would be a huge mistake to sell it after all the hard work&money you put in it.Besides the Xj is paid off correct?It really doesn't cost you much beside gas and insurance.Save your money&by the other jeep then you can have the best of both worlds!!! Just my opinion though.:D:D:D

Mudderoy
09-13-2012, 11:28 PM
Yeah I know people will disagree with me but there is no way I'd have a Grand for a Jeep. It isn't made as well as the XJ. People get rid of the beloved XJ hoping for a next great love affair and time and time again they cry about why the left their real Jeep.

Jeepster19
09-15-2012, 09:38 PM
Your right mudderoy. I've worked on lots of jeeps at work and those things are junk.The door panels are always falling off and the window regulators in the door break all the time,I could go on and on.

bigjim350
09-15-2012, 09:47 PM
I would trade my xj for a 5.9L zj

denverd1
09-16-2012, 04:09 PM
More electronic crap that can mess up too.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

oderdene
09-16-2012, 05:01 PM
Less wire, less worry. Who loves trouble?

Mudderoy
09-18-2012, 11:26 AM
Your right mudderoy. I've worked on lots of jeeps at work and those things are junk.The door panels are always falling off and the window regulators in the door break all the time,I could go on and on.

I've never had one, so I'm just going by what I have read. I will say, possibly again, I wouldn't own one. I may that determination when I was at the dealership in 1998 and saw them sitting there on the showroom floor next the the TJ and XJ.

Brasscatz
09-18-2012, 07:09 PM
I think the general rule of thumb is that if you post on an XJ forum that you're thinking about selling your XJ, you're going to get a lot of "NO!" and "Don't do it!", which is perfectly normal. I think we all see it as sort of a club, and we want everybody to continue to be in the club. That's one of the main reasons to have a forum... members have/have had/going to have that particular type of vehicle and it's a big sense of belonging. I've had several vehicles that I've greatly regretted selling. With that said, I'm planning on keeping my Jeep even when I buy a new car. I missed having a vehicle that I love owning, and I love owning my Jeep.

It will all depend on your situation and how you truly feel about your Jeep, not to mention how sentimental you are with certain things. I can be a real sentimental person with many things.