PDA

View Full Version : New toy in the shop.

Firemanray
09-12-2012, 10:26 PM
I've been looking at ironworker machines for a while. I can use one in my business as well as making jeep parts. Well here it is, I finally scored an awesome machine:
http://cdn0.grizzly.com/pics/jpeg1000/g/g0646.jpg

Brasscatz
09-12-2012, 10:28 PM
Impressive! I look forward to seeing your creations!

4.3LXJ
09-12-2012, 10:46 PM
I love fun toys

bigjim350
09-12-2012, 11:52 PM
Long time no see Ray. Awesome ironworker.....will you build me some stuff!?!?!?!

cantab27
09-13-2012, 12:09 AM
hi firemanray,,welcome to xjtalk..........:D where ya been brother...nice toy

Mudderoy
09-13-2012, 01:44 AM
I've been looking at ironworker machines for a while. I can use one in my business as well as making jeep parts. Well here it is, I finally scored an awesome machine:
http://cdn0.grizzly.com/pics/jpeg1000/g/g0646.jpg

My goodness it looks brand new! You should do brochure pictures. :D

XJ Wheeler
09-13-2012, 02:30 AM
Now that sure does look purdy. What all does it have, and what kind of business do you have to need that?

Firemanray
09-13-2012, 07:24 PM
Long time no see Ray. Awesome ironworker.....will you build me some stuff!?!?!?!
Jim, if things ever slow down I'd love to fab up some jeep parts. Draw something up and we'll see what we can do.

hi firemanray,,welcome to xjtalk..........:D where ya been brother...nice toy
Wayne, been a REAL busy year for me, (good), not much time for jeep'n lately.

My goodness it looks brand new! You should do brochure pictures. :D
Mudd, It is brand new but it doesn't look as clean as the picture for sure. I've already started production with it, doesn't take long to get dirty.

Now that sure does look purdy. What all does it have, and what kind of business do you have to need that?
Wheeler, It punches, shears, notches, and what ever I can dream up to attach to it. It will shear 12" x 1/2" plate to give you an idea what it's capable of. I have a boat lift business. We build and repair boat lifts all over southeast Texas lakes.

XJ Wheeler
09-13-2012, 07:46 PM
Wheeler, It punches, shears, notches, and what ever I can dream up to attach to it. It will shear 12" x 1/2" plate to give you an idea what it's capable of. I have a boat lift business. We build and repair boat lifts all over southeast Texas lakes.

Now that's a fine piece of machinery, don't even want to fathom the price of it. Ooooh, the parts that could be made.:jumping0041: You know you've got a side business if things get slow.

4.3LXJ
09-13-2012, 07:57 PM
I was going to get one once when making suspensions. Nice time saver, but can take fingers off right now.

XJ Wheeler
09-13-2012, 08:23 PM
I was going to get one once when making suspensions. Nice time saver, but can take fingers off right now.

No thanks, don't want that happening again.

denverd1
09-14-2012, 09:19 AM
beaut

DETOURS
09-15-2012, 06:53 AM
Nice, I did'nt realize Grizzly was marketing iron workers, that model would be a step up from my Edwards, congrats!

As far as loosing a finger.....if 'you' are operating it, not being assisted....you most likely wont loose a finger, these types are hydrolic...you'd feel pain first so you take your foot off the pedal, unless you like pain...I've been using ironworkers for 28 years, still have 10 fingers!!

Firemanray
09-15-2012, 07:11 AM
Grizzly no longer markets iron workers, however they still provide support for this machine. I got lucky finding this one unused. I agree with the safety aspect of the hydrualic machine. The movement is precise and deliberate, not much chance of getting hurt when using common sense.

bluedragon436
09-15-2012, 07:39 AM
That beast looks real nice... just thinking of the fun things that could be made for the Jeeps with that beauty!! Look forward to seeing some of the stuff you make with it... even for the boat lifts!!

DETOURS
09-15-2012, 07:30 PM
Grizzly no longer markets iron workers, however they still provide support for this machine. I got lucky finding this one unused. I agree with the safety aspect of the hydrualic machine. The movement is precise and deliberate, not much chance of getting hurt when using common sense.

I have'nt looked at a Grizz catalog in 7 years, but theres still a small pic of it on there webpage, but no info.....wonder why they dropped it, looks like a good find if discontinued....

Oh and, I ordered a new catalog....I wanted to order their large swivel head saw years ago.....out of stock, so I ended up with an Elie, not a bad choice after cutting a few miles of steel through it, still going strong...:pray:

Carves
09-15-2012, 07:35 PM
sheesh .... whats wrong with heating up the job with the oxy ... and beating the hell out of it, with a big hammer on a length of railway line ???

Nice looking unit Firemanray .. ;) .. :D

DETOURS
09-15-2012, 08:10 PM
sheesh .... whats wrong with heating up the job with the oxy ... and beating the hell out of it, with a big hammer on a length of railway line ???

You wanna make money or break even and kick the dog when you get home?