PDA

View Full Version : Rear Leaf Spring pack for 3" lift

Bellingham
09-06-2012, 03:59 PM
So i did a budget lift on my 97 XJ, coils in the front w/ blocks in rear. I would like to find a leaf pack that would give me the 3" of lift, but dont want to spend the money on a new pack or buy an add-a-leaf. I was thinking that possibly some older Jeeps would have a more curved pack (my stock pack is literally flat, doesnt seem like the best set up but i see it on all stock last gen XJ. Crazy!) or maybe finding an S-10 leaf pack. Biggest reason is so that i can put my rear sway bar back on and make it easier to shim axle to lessen degree. Anyone done this on theirs or have an idea? Thanks!

OrangeXJ
09-06-2012, 04:06 PM
can't help you on the leaf side but I would not put the rear sway bar back on. It does not do much took mine off. Bettter flex

NW99XJ
09-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Comanche springs will net you about 1" give or take,
Bastard packs aren't bad, but the spring rate can kill you, plus they can be a lot of work to set up right.
Ditch the blocks. You're asking for trouble. the only thing blocks are good for is axle wrap. They ARE a cheap way to gain lift, but if you do any serious wheeling or rock crawling, they'll bite you in the butt. There ARE inexpensive leaf packs out there. Shackles are always a good route to go, and if you get the right ones, can net you 2" or so.
Good luck, and be sure to post up what you end up going with.

Mudderoy
09-06-2012, 04:13 PM
4.5" leaf springs from RC (I don't know the cost of 3") were $225 shipped to my door.

Bellingham
09-06-2012, 04:26 PM
Yes, i definitely want the blocks out of there!! Dont wheel it very hard, it is a daily driver (that my wife gets to drive due to the fact i drive twice as far as she does!) So i dont need a lot of flex, especially with only 3" of lift. Just trying to get everything right by fixing some of the areas i cheaped out on when i first got this, but i am naturally cheap so buying new is never top of my list. Thanks for the ideas so far!

4.3LXJ
09-06-2012, 04:40 PM
S10 packs will give you 3 - 3.5" by using the bottom three leaves. In other words, use everything but the main leaf. It is a multistage spring, so it rides decently, but not as soft as the stock XJ spring

Bellingham
09-06-2012, 05:54 PM
So if i use the s-10 springs what year am i looking for? Also if i am not using the main leaf from the s-10 pack, will i need to use the main leaf from my original pack? Thanks for all the help!

bigjim350
09-06-2012, 06:35 PM
All year s10 leafs are the same on the 2wd. The newer the better cause they are less worn. And yes use your xj main leaf

Sent from my nerdy smartphone

sbspence
01-25-2014, 12:48 AM
Amazon now has RE 3" spring packs for a little over a $100 iirc. Was thinking of pairing them with a cheaper front kit for my build.

Mudderoy
01-25-2014, 05:43 AM
Amazon now has RE 3" spring packs for a little over a $100 iirc. Was thinking of pairing them with a cheaper front kit for my build.

I found RE 3" on Amazon for $114. I think everyone knows but that's each.