PDA

View Full Version : WTF is with all this social media crap

Chaseweston
09-04-2012, 11:25 PM
Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Tweet ****, tweet that, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts..

Whats with all this social media frenzy taking over everyone's lives?

People legitimately live their lives strictly to write about it or post a picture of it on any of the above mentioned sites.. I'll stick to my forums, at least we constantly share very useful information and everyone that is a part of our communities usually walks away learning something new and useful everyday from surfing the forums.

screw an Apocalypse, as much as I'd hoped for slow moving zombies that die with a headshot, sadly, I think it'll be social media and synthetic drug substitutes that slowly tear down the already questionable structures of our world.

Rant on.:bang::bang:

Carves
09-04-2012, 11:29 PM
:smiley-laughing021:

Keep looking at those social media sites ....

You'll find plenty of slow moving zombies needing a headshot ... ;)

cantab27
09-05-2012, 12:51 AM
wayne lang likes this.........

Mudderoy
09-05-2012, 02:37 AM
What's really ironic... I first saw this post on xjtalk facebook. :cop:

Chaseweston
09-05-2012, 07:54 AM
What's really ironic... I first saw this post on xjtalk facebook. :cop:

jesus... it automatically shares links to twitter and facebook of our posts?!

DETOURS
09-05-2012, 08:43 AM
Forum's are just another example of social media......;)

07Negative
09-05-2012, 11:03 AM
That's why I don't participate in all that shit. These no talent ass hats are making a killing off of ones and zero's and it's costing them nothing. All for them to keep tabs on you, what your doing so marketing can works its magic, and where the hell your at. All to keep you connect to your white trash half backwards retarded family whom you seldom speak the name of. Not to mention all the fat degenerate lazy bastards with 5 kids who you didn't care about 20 years ago let alone today.
It's all self loathing.

Mudderoy
09-05-2012, 11:09 AM
jesus... it automatically shares links to twitter and facebook of our posts?!

About every 30 minutes it looks for the 3 most recent posts then sends them to Facebook and Twitter. :rolleye0012:

Mudderoy
09-05-2012, 11:11 AM
That's why I don't participate in all that shit. These no talent ass hats are making a killing off of ones and zero's and it's costing them nothing. All for them to keep tabs on you, what your doing so marketing can works its magic, and where the hell your at. All to keep you connect to your white trash half backwards retarded family whom you seldom speak the name of. Not to mention all the fat degenerate lazy bastards with 5 kids who you didn't care about 20 years ago let alone today.
It's all self loathing.

lol now that's some funny shit right there.

Mudderoy
09-05-2012, 11:13 AM
Personally I like the forum thing a lot better, but there are some that all they know is social media. Also keep in mind that in social media you are likely to have "friends" that you are communicating with and less likely to have people be disrespectful to you. As we have all seen on forums, disrespect abounds.

xjtalk uses social media to help promote the forum and get those people that don't feel comfortable on a forum to have more of a reason to try it out.

:xjtalk:

DETOURS
09-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Just had the best double decker PBJ in my life!
Off to chat on :xjtalk:..
Looking forward to a big burger tonight, might even kick the dog!
Come on 5:30.

07Negative
09-05-2012, 12:31 PM
I too once upon a time ago had a Facebook. Mainly to get in touch with like minded people since I don't really have friends. I don't know why I even bother. I for the most part don't like people. But how else do we share information? But then at some point things take a turn towards a political bias or get a little too extremist for my likings. So I bailed. I also got into this routine of feeling like I had to check in or something.
I like being more primitive. This is also why I don't have cable tv. Nothing but garbage and agendas.
At least with the internet as a whole, you control your content and you seek out what information you want. I really don't get Twitter. Its people doing short hang writings and your not even there. How is that of any value?
that's why I like the quote, “If you go home with somebody, and they don't have books, don't phuk 'em!”

4.3LXJ
09-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Personally I like the forum thing a lot better, but there are some that all they know is social media. Also keep in mind that in social media you are likely to have "friends" that you are communicating with and less likely to have people be disrespectful to you. As we have all seen on forums, disrespect abounds.

xjtalk uses social media to help promote the forum and get those people that don't feel comfortable on a forum to have more of a reason to try it out.

:xjtalk:

And then there is a family member that posted some really bad stuff with sexual content. We had to unfriend her.

DETOURS
09-05-2012, 01:25 PM
And then there is a family member that posted some really bad stuff with sexual content. We had to unfriend her.

Err....you got her number?.....:rolleye0012:

Mudderoy
09-05-2012, 01:46 PM
I like Twitter because, on occasion, I can get a celebrity to respond to me.

Most recently was "Sally" from "3rd Rock from the Sun"...

http://xjtalk.com/images/special/3rdrock.png http://xjtalk.com/images/special/virginia.png

4.3LXJ
09-05-2012, 02:13 PM
Err....you got her number?.....:rolleye0012:

Sure do. Kind of a long distance relationship though. You would probably like her. Likes ink, the music you like and a switch hitter. You would have more than one out of the deal

07Negative
09-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Pimping out family members Steve? Too funny

4.3LXJ
09-05-2012, 03:49 PM
Yeah, but we have an image to maintain :D

DETOURS
09-05-2012, 04:46 PM
Sure do. Kind of a long distance relationship though. You would probably like her. Likes ink, the music you like and a switch hitter. You would have more than one out of the deal

Hey now!
Lets see some pic's!!
Do you really know what type of music I like? Following Detours on fb are yea? lol.........;)