PDA

View Full Version : Welcome GAPANDA!!!

bluedragon436
09-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Hi GAPANDA, welcome to the xjtalk forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Check out "Announcements" "How to post an image" for help posting images.

Got a Wrangler? Maybe a friend with one? http://www.WranglerTalk.com/

Brasscatz
09-03-2012, 10:15 PM
Hello and welcome to XJTalk from Houston, TX!

GAPANDA
11-22-2012, 12:21 PM
Well needed to drop a hello to everyone here. So far it's been busy making this thing truely driveable. So far:
Complete interior removal and clean (must have been a frat house spare or something)
including carpet ($15 at coin car wash) and strip and wash of the seats.
New Headliner
Replaced stock steels/chrome hubcaps ( Ecco from factory ) with Ravines and 30x9.50s
Removed body line trim ( looked like crap anyway )
Rebuilt NSS
Serviced tranny with selly clean, new fluid and filter
Serviced 8.25 rear with new fluid and LubLocker gasket ( I hate RTV )
Fighting misfires so..tune up, new TPS, IAC, MAP cleaned throttle body.
New down stream O2, new cat, new muffler ( PO chopped off after cat it sounded bad )
Installed thermostat ( still now sure why PO didn't have one installed )
Steering gear snapped bolts, replaced spacer with OCR plate. Had front end checked.
New headlights, replaced clear coat peeling hood and fender with JY stuff with good factory paint.
New fuel pump assembly ( OMG this really wasn't much fun but fixed the need to poor man prime at every start ).
YEP... it's a Jeep.
I also own a modded 05' Liberty and recently traded away a '90 Wrangler. Have also owned a 89' XJ Limited. Currently looking at obtaining a 89' Comanche.

4.3LXJ
11-22-2012, 12:57 PM
Sounds like a good start to get it running well. Got any other plans?

Dredwolf
11-22-2012, 01:59 PM
Well needed to drop a hello to everyone here. So far it's been busy making this thing truely driveable. So far:
Complete interior removal and clean (must have been a frat house spare or something)
including carpet ($15 at coin car wash) and strip and wash of the seats.
New Headliner
Replaced stock steels/chrome hubcaps ( Ecco from factory ) with Ravines and 30x9.50s
Removed body line trim ( looked like crap anyway )
Rebuilt NSS
Serviced tranny with selly clean, new fluid and filter
Serviced 8.25 rear with new fluid and LubLocker gasket ( I hate RTV )
Fighting misfires so..tune up, new TPS, IAC, MAP cleaned throttle body.
New down stream O2, new cat, new muffler ( PO chopped off after cat it sounded bad )
Installed thermostat ( still now sure why PO didn't have one installed )
Steering gear snapped bolts, replaced spacer with OCR plate. Had front end checked.
New headlights, replaced clear coat peeling hood and fender with JY stuff with good factory paint.
New fuel pump assembly ( OMG this really wasn't much fun but fixed the need to poor man prime at every start ).
YEP... it's a Jeep.
I also own a modded 05' Liberty and recently traded away a '90 Wrangler. Have also owned a 89' XJ Limited. Currently looking at obtaining a 89' Comanche.

Yep, its a Jeep. Welcome aboard! I bought mine planning to work on it. :crazy:

And I am already looking for my 2nd one as well. :rolleye0012:

XJ Wheeler
11-22-2012, 09:25 PM
Welcome to the site, Scott. At least you got that behind you now. Glad you joined us hear.

4x4Dalton
11-22-2012, 10:46 PM
Welcome Scott. We are one big family here. No bashin or anything like that. We may pick on each other but don't mean nothin by it. This is why this is IMHO the best Jeep site online. So don't just sit back and watch,jump on in and have a blast :)

Sent from my bulletproof iPhone using the Flapmyjaws app :)