PDA

View Full Version : Dana 44s

rowdy xj
08-28-2012, 06:31 PM
how much modifications if any would be need to be done

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

Sneedle Vision
08-28-2012, 06:49 PM
I wouldn't think much if you get em from one of the older XJ's. They should bolt right in!

It's a different story if you're trying to get them from one of the current JKs.

4.3LXJ
08-28-2012, 07:27 PM
They are a complete bolt in

xjmarc
08-28-2012, 08:22 PM
Front, rear, full width, what are you getting them from? Need a bit more info.

bigjim350
08-28-2012, 08:31 PM
I don't know of any front d44 that is bolt in, except one from a tj rubicon.

Sent from my nerdy smartphone

bluedragon436
08-28-2012, 08:43 PM
Only way I know to go full bolt in would be to pick up a D44 from a TJ Rubicon and a rear D44 from an older XJ... But I don't know how close to matching WMS they are.... Another option which I just found out about about a month ago or so is some of the LJ's have D44's front and rear, they just aren't equipped with lockers like the Rubicon versions are... A co-worker of mine has a 2006 LJ and I did the VIN build sheet and it came back showing she had D44's front and rear w/ 4.10 gears installed... I'm currently trying to search for a set of axles out of one of them for an upgrade for my XJ... wouldn't be too bad if all I had to do was have someone do the welding for the brackets on the rear axle... and I'll have better axles front and rear as well as 4.10's all in one sweep...

07Negative
08-28-2012, 11:47 PM
More specs please. If you're talking a rear D44 from a 87-89' Xj. Just bolt that bitch up, done! If you're talkin a transplant from a ford or chevy. Then you have some work. Can you provide some details. I'm a dumb ass. So I couldn't give you all the stats. But I know Steve can. I have yet to stump that guy. And what are you replacing and why? Maybe it's not really worth it. Your jeep your money, yah?

Mudderoy
08-29-2012, 01:02 AM
D44's came in Grand Cherokees as well. All D44's were not made equal. :bang:

bigjim350
08-29-2012, 01:16 AM
Only way I know to go full bolt in would be to pick up a D44 from a TJ Rubicon and a rear D44 from an older XJ... But I don't know how close to matching WMS they are.... Another option which I just found out about about a month ago or so is some of the LJ's have D44's front and rear, they just aren't equipped with lockers like the Rubicon versions are... A co-worker of mine has a 2006 LJ and I did the VIN build sheet and it came back showing she had D44's front and rear w/ 4.10 gears installed... I'm currently trying to search for a set of axles out of one of them for an upgrade for my XJ... wouldn't be too bad if all I had to do was have someone do the welding for the brackets on the rear axle... and I'll have better axles front and rear as well as 4.10's all in one sweep...

The XJ D44 rear is the same width as the TJ rubicon D44 front. And yes some of the LJ's came with D44's front and rear. However, it is hard enough finding somebody parting out a rubicon, almost impossible to find somebody parting out a LJ