PDA

View Full Version : 8 inch lift

fmattio
08-26-2012, 03:03 PM
got a few questions.i have installed 6.5 spring with the orig 2in spacers net 8.5!!! 3in blocks on rear. i already had drop brackets and drop track bar. planning on doing something wit driveshafts. what am i missing or is this a bad idea and go back down i am not a rock crawler just trail ride and surf fish.96 xj auto.thanks for opinions good and bad

4.3LXJ
08-26-2012, 03:31 PM
I can tell you from experience that 8" of lift ain't cheap. First of all, at full droop your tie rod ends will be deformed and possibly ruined, unsafely ruined. You will need some sort of high steer of other aftermarket steering. Most don't do well on the highway. Second, the stock driveline will not take the angle. You will need a slip yoke eliminator and CV driveline. And don't forget those shocks. Also 3' spacer blocks are not a real good idea on a XJ

xjrev10
08-26-2012, 07:48 PM
"spacer blocks" are not a good idea on anything!! Specially something that gets wheeled.

fmattio
08-27-2012, 04:45 PM
Thanks put knew 6.5 spring left out spacer and blck on rear.got some wobble I did not have before but oh well. Thanks again