PDA

View Full Version : Carmax warranty?

default83
08-24-2012, 11:45 AM
hey any of you guys have experience with this? my car like blew up last night, i was too pissed off to even look at it:mad:, my insurance had it towed to the dealer for free, but now i need to utilize my warranty with carmax.

i guess my question is do they supply a loaner car, and how are they with covering repairs? if anyone has any insight id sure appreciate it, thanks guys.

Firemanray
08-24-2012, 11:49 AM
I used Carmax the first time to buy a car 3 weeks ago. Please keep us posted on how this turns out. Hope for the best.

default83
08-24-2012, 11:52 AM
I used Carmax the first time to buy a car 3 weeks ago. Please keep us posted on how this turns out. Hope for the best.

thanks man, yeah this is the first time ive ever financed a car in my life and now this crap happens, its just frustrating.

prerunner1982
08-24-2012, 12:02 PM
I don't have experience with the Carmax warranty. However, any good "warranty" (really called an Service Contract/Plan) should provide a rental car. Here is what their website says.

2. What does the MaxCare® extended service plan cover?
MaxCare tells you upfront what is covered and what isn’t. It includes comprehensive coverage for your engine, transmission and drive axle, steering, front suspension, brakes, electrical system, electronic system, air conditioning, cooling system, interior, and assemblies and controls. MaxCare also includes rental reimbursement if your car is kept overnight for a covered repair and towing (see your contract for your towing coverage terms).

More info on coverage: http://www.carmax.com/enus/maxcare/default.html

This is assuming you have the MaxCare, not sure what other type of coverage they may offer, if any.

default83
08-24-2012, 12:31 PM
I don't have experience with the Carmax warranty. However, any good "warranty" (really called an Service Contract/Plan) should provide a rental car. Here is what their website says.

2. What does the MaxCare® extended service plan cover?
MaxCare tells you upfront what is covered and what isn’t. It includes comprehensive coverage for your engine, transmission and drive axle, steering, front suspension, brakes, electrical system, electronic system, air conditioning, cooling system, interior, and assemblies and controls. MaxCare also includes rental reimbursement if your car is kept overnight for a covered repair and towing (see your contract for your towing coverage terms).

More info on coverage: http://www.carmax.com/enus/maxcare/default.html

This is assuming you have the MaxCare, not sure what other type of coverage they may offer, if any.

yeah i do have maxcare, and thanks alot man, i didnt even think of looking on their website:bang: thats good news as far as getting a car for the weekend

prerunner1982
08-24-2012, 12:50 PM
See what they mean by reimbursement though.. does that mean that you have to pay out of pocket or do they work directly with a rental facility. Also, they may not cover the entire cost of the rental, it depends on what they use to determine how much they will pay towards the rental car.

Brasscatz
08-24-2012, 07:14 PM
My mother had to use their warranty for a faulty ignition switch on her Honda Passport a few years ago... I can call her and ask if you need. She did get a service loaner, just don't know how the process was. I know that they were pleased with the service though.

Mudderoy
08-27-2012, 04:48 AM
I just wanted to add a big :thanx: to our :xjtalk: members that went the extra mile not knowing the answer went and found it then posted it. It's so much easier to tell someone "Google is your friend" but as you can see when we are in a crisis having someone(s) care enough to help instead of add to the frustration can mean much more than just being given the answer.

:patriot:

default83
08-27-2012, 07:42 AM
I just wanted to add a big :thanx: to our :xjtalk: members that went the extra mile not knowing the answer went and found it then posted it. It's so much easier to tell someone "Google is your friend" but as you can see when we are in a crisis having someone(s) care enough to help instead of add to the frustration can mean much more than just being given the answer.

:patriot:

x2, thats why even though i dont have a jeep anymore i still use this site frequently, great stuff guys!

and so far on the carmax experience has been amazing, and hats off to champion nissan in katy, the dude there took care of everything, all i had to do was tell him my name and what was wrong with the car and next thing i know he calls back with a claim number for the rental car and telling me when my car will be ready....only bad part is i have to drive a nissan versa for a couple days!:bang:

i ended up tricking my mom into driving the rental today and i took the JK, time to let the top down and bring back the ol' jeep days !!! :D

Brasscatz
08-27-2012, 07:47 AM
x2, thats why even though i dont have a jeep anymore i still use this site frequently, great stuff guys!

and so far on the carmax experience has been amazing, and hats off to champion nissan in katy, the dude there took care of everything, all i had to do was tell him my name and what was wrong with the car and next thing i know he calls back with a claim number for the rental car and telling me when my car will be ready....only bad part is i have to drive a nissan versa for a couple days!:bang:

i ended up tricking my mom into driving the rental today and i took the JK, time to let the top down and bring back the ol' jeep days !!! :D

That nissan store is one of my Autonation stores. If you see an Asian guy there taking pictures of cars, tell him you know his boss ;)

XJ Wheeler
08-27-2012, 11:57 PM
That nissan store is one of my Autonation stores. If you see an Asian guy there taking pictures of cars, tell him you know his boss ;)

...and he says to speed it up!:D