PDA

View Full Version : Electric fan

gordo
08-22-2012, 03:14 PM
what kind of electric fan can i get to fit my 1995 jeep cherokee

Mudderoy
08-22-2012, 03:25 PM
what kind of electric fan can i get to fit my 1995 jeep cherokee

Given your fan fitment issues after installing the motor mounts, I'd say a stock electric one and put the mechanical one back on the front of the motor.

gordo
08-23-2012, 04:54 PM
i was thinking about that but is that the way to go were i ride there a lot of sugar sand and after a wile it over heats do u guys know whats the cfm what does that mean plz help thank you all

Carves
08-23-2012, 08:09 PM
Hows the condition of your whole cooling system ??

Is/was, the "overheating" happening despite having a 100% working, "stock", cooling system ??.

Sand driving puts huge loads on the drivetrain ... and even tyre widths, tread patterns, air pressures and gear selection ... can aggravate "overheating" issues.

The cooling system is limited by the physical size of the rad ... You can maximise the existing rads cooling potential - with a bit more airflow, CFM and earlier fan activation, better design rad, less eth-gly, removing the aircon, and a slightly lower thermostat, etc ....

... but eventually ... some driving demands just require a bigger height/length rad .... coz you can mount a helicopter sideways on a small rad ... and it wont matter a damn due to the heat exchanging process, limits, from one side of the rad to the other.