PDA

View Full Version : Anyone running Clayton Suspensions?

UpstateXJ
08-15-2012, 11:10 PM
I am upgrading the short arm kit that is currently on my 98 XJ and really like the way the Clayton kit looks. Can't find too much info on people running them though. I know quite a few people with TJ's that give them high marks.

Leaning towards the 6.5" pro 3 link front with 4 link coil rear conversion. Just would like to know if anyone here had first hand experience with them.

4.3LXJ
08-15-2012, 11:38 PM
No first hand experience, but I haven't heard anything bad yet.

XJ Wheeler
08-16-2012, 03:38 AM
I doubt many owners have done a rear coil conversion, and most that have probably have gone with a "homebrew" setup. So i wouldn't be surprised if no one comes on giving a review, and i don't mean to sway your decision either way. Sorry i don't have more info and can't help more, just didn't want you to think we're being jerks by not answering or something.

Good luck with your build.

4.3LXJ
08-16-2012, 08:50 AM
Your right, most will be home brew, as mine will be. However if I can say one thing about that is that the exhaust will be a little tricky. You might want to check that aspect out.

Pookapotamus
08-16-2012, 08:53 AM
I have the 6.5 3-link front, with rear coil conversion, I have it installed but am still in the middle of my build so I cant really say how it performs.

What I can say is: this is one hell of a kit! everything is of really high quality and installing it was great. I really cant wait to get this thing on the trail!

If you have the green for a Clayton set up, go for it! by far this kit is the best you can buy.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii191/pookapotamus/Rigor%20Mortis/IMG_0178.jpg

check out my build and you can see this kit being installed. http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=9215

UpstateXJ
08-16-2012, 10:32 PM
That setup looks good man! Everyone that I have seen running a rear 4 link around me also doesn't have the back half of the XJ left lol.

07Negative
08-21-2012, 11:23 AM
All I've got of theirs is the rear leaf pack. From my few experiences with the company. They are out standing! Had I not got a TNT Customs. I may have gone with their kit.
I spoke with the owner the 3 times I've called. He's really helpful and easy to talk to when he has the time.
It's not like your weighing the options of a Rough Country.

Sneedle Vision
08-21-2012, 06:02 PM
I've never had any issue with my Clayton kit. It's been on for about a year now and it's done everything I wanted it to. Didn't go the coil route but that's cause I didn't think it was necessary for the type of wheeling I do.

I don't think you'll be disappointed.

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j388/sneedlevision/Jeep%20Build/bruce.jpg

UpstateXJ
08-21-2012, 06:31 PM
Wow, nice looking rig! I am saving my pennies for the Clayton kit. I got to see a 2000 out on the trails this weekend with the full kit. Other than a horrible choice in tires, it worked really well. Had full width D44 up front an a 9" out back, both locked and it did great in everything except where there was mud or loose soil. He was running Nitto Terra Grapplers and they turned into slicks as soon as they got wet.