PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk windows.

ArmyGuy45
08-03-2012, 08:06 AM
The only panel that works for lowering all 4 windows is the driver seat. I have pushed the window lock on and off and doesnt change the status. I do see lights on every switch so I know they have power (or at least the LED does). My first thought is that the window lock button doesnt work any more/loose wire. Is there a fuse that controls this to see if its getting power?

4.3LXJ
08-03-2012, 11:07 AM
Having that lock switch malfunction is a common problem. You have to bypass it, then all the windows will work.

bluedragon436
08-03-2012, 01:26 PM
Can you replace the switch panel if you want and take care of this issue?? I only ask because I plan to keep my XJ and might have little ones riding in the back one day, and won't want them falling out the window, so would like to be able to control wether they are locked or not..

ArmyGuy45
08-04-2012, 02:16 AM
Can you replace the switch panel if you want and take care of this issue?? I only ask because I plan to keep my XJ and might have little ones riding in the back one day, and won't want them falling out the window, so would like to be able to control wether they are locked or not..

As it stand right now there is NO chance of him falling out. Maybe ill wait a little bit longer before I fix it!

Thanks for the help.