PDA

View Full Version : Electric Fans - How do I get them to come on with the Jeep?

gordo
08-03-2012, 06:45 AM
hi guy both of my fan are electric and i ran them to a relays and i want to turn them on wen i turn on the jeep wish wire do i put them too thanks for your help it a 1995 jeep cherokee

Carves
08-03-2012, 08:12 PM
hi guy both of my fan are electric and i ran them to a relays and i want to turn them on wen i turn on the jeep wish wire do i put them too thanks for your help it a 1995 jeep cherokee

What fans have you fitted ... single speed, dual speed, just the factory fitted ones ???

Do you really want them both on - when you start the engine ??? ...

... or do you want then to have staggered startup times - which are temperature controlled.

There is a bunch of electric fan writeups with all manner of control setups ... that may be useful to you.

... but to offer any tips ... we do sorta need to know an idea of want you want to achieve.

gordo
08-03-2012, 08:33 PM
i put one fan in one relay and the other in a 2 relay all i need is to know wish wire of the jeep i put it to so they trun on wen i star the jeep i want both of them on at all times i am tired of the over heating

Carves
08-03-2012, 08:50 PM
Easy done then ...

The trigger wire to the relays ... just needs to come from an - ign on - source.

Some one with the same year model should be able to suggest a handy spot to tap into.

Just be aware you will be placing extra load on the battery ... at the same time you need starting volts ... So it might be worthwhile adding some timer relays on the trigger wire .... to delay the fan operation - until after the engine has started.

Hella has an adj timed relay that might be useful if you decided to go that way ?? ...

4x4Dalton
08-03-2012, 09:00 PM
You have a 95 like me bro.Take and pop open the hood.Look over on passenger side theres a fuse box there.OPen it and look at lid it will tell you which block fuse is to fan.Tie into it with a wire running into one of the holes in legs of fuse plug it back in and run it to positive on battery.Turn yer key to the on position where yer heater and stuff will come on and the fans should kick on then.

gordo
08-03-2012, 09:01 PM
that's a very good idea

gordo
08-03-2012, 09:03 PM
thank u ill do that

4x4Dalton
08-03-2012, 09:06 PM
No prob anytime.I was havin a overheat issue and i was showed that as well.Thought I would just return the favor by helpin a fellow member out.:D

gordo
08-04-2012, 11:40 AM
sorry guy to bother so much but i cant find the wire of the igniton