PDA

View Full Version : Cold S.O.B.

jonlee79
08-02-2012, 08:41 AM
my jeep has rough idle it's fine after it warms up and sound fine when giving it gas. Also floods when sitting too long at idle even after warmed up. Already replaced spark plugs wires distributor rotor button and fuel pump, any help any one :driving:

Mudderoy
08-02-2012, 09:04 AM
my jeep has rough ideal is fin after it warms up and sound fine when giving it gas also floods when sitting to long at ideal even after warmed up.already replaced spar plugs wires distibuter rotar button and fuel pump.any help any one:driving:

It won't hurt anything to remove the throttle body from the intake, remove the sensors from the throttle body and clean everything with carb cleaner.

Sometimes a sensor will cause the issue you are seeing. I'm thinking the IAC that is on the left side of the throttle body if you are looking from the front back.

Be really careful with it as you can damage it.

When was the last time you replaced O2 sensors?

4.3LXJ
08-02-2012, 10:38 AM
Couple of things to address. O2 sensor probably needs changing and you need to check fuel pressure. Your regulator may be stuck

jonlee79
08-02-2012, 12:37 PM
if it was the o2 sensor wouldn't my check eng. light come on?will try and clean some things to day will let you all know how it goes.

4.3LXJ
08-02-2012, 12:40 PM
if it was the o2 sensor wouldn't my check eng. light come on?will try and clean some things to day will let you all know how it goes.

Not necessarily. The CEL only comes on if the wires are broken or if the heater in the sensor fails. Sensors fail gradually from just wearing out, same thing as having to replace solar panels which also generate their own electric current. Also, check your exhaust manifold for cracks, which can also cause a rich mixture.

jonlee79
08-02-2012, 05:38 PM
Not necessarily. The CEL only comes on if the wires are broken or if the heater in the sensor fails. Sensors fail gradually from just wearing out, same thing as having to replace solar panels which also generate their own electric current. Also, check your exhaust manifold for cracks, which can also cause a rich mixture.

a big thanks well i know i do have a leak tried welding it but it didn't last well got the exhaust manifold and all the gaskets.guess i got to tackle this thing time to get off my but and turn a wrench.

4.3LXJ
08-02-2012, 06:26 PM
It will make a difference

jonlee79
07-05-2014, 02:13 AM
well changed fuel pump and fuel regulator issue fixed after changing o2 senor, plugs, wires. distributor, rotor button. mafs,aic,tps,air filterfuel injector filter and O-rings, and header.and fuel filter. I was being lazy broke gas tank stap bolt but replaced just glad its fixed.

XJ Wheeler
07-05-2014, 02:58 AM
Wow, sounds like quite the issue! Glad ya got it fixed up, and good for you for sticking with it!

bluedragon436
07-05-2014, 03:56 AM
Glad you've gotten it tackled... At least on a good not, you know all those items are not good to go, and won't cause an issue in the near future!!