PDA

View Full Version : Injector help???!!!

Shaneman
07-27-2012, 07:54 AM
I know from reading other threads that this will frustrate some people and this is just a sincere attempt to learn... This is my first post on this site. I have just purchased a 1988 xj. I am not really mechanical but am trying to.. I have a leak on two injectors and I am confident I can replace BUT I see that some of you have replaced with mustang injectors and are happy with results.. I have searched and I may not be searching the right way. How do I find out what part number to look at for injector swap? I am looking forward to learning alot on this site and appreciate your feedback.

Thanks in advance,
Shaneman

Shaneman
07-27-2012, 08:01 AM
And so the learning begins!!! After posting other post showed me part numbers for swap.. FUNNY! I never saw post when searhing injector swap...

Shaneman

msmoorenburg
07-27-2012, 08:05 AM
well welcome anyway :D

Mudderoy
07-27-2012, 08:21 AM
I know from reading other threads that this will frustrate some people and this is just a sincere attempt to learn... This is my first post on this site. I have just purchased a 1988 xj. I am not really mechanical but am trying to.. I have a leak on two injectors and I am confident I can replace BUT I see that some of you have replaced with mustang injectors and are happy with results.. I have searched and I may not be searching the right way. How do I find out what part number to look at for injector swap? I am looking forward to learning alot on this site and appreciate your feedback.

Thanks in advance,
Shaneman

Have you read this article? :link: (http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=3428)

I'm trying to remember how I found out which injectors would work on my Jeep. I have a 1998 and if I remember correctly the injectors I use are higher psi rating. You know I'm remembering a chart now. Let me see if thats in the article, or perhaps a "sticky" post we have up somewhere on the board.

Well it took some digging but I believe I found the post I was thinking about. Check this :link: (http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=5661)

Shaneman
07-27-2012, 12:19 PM
Yes. I did read both. That is why I think I can do the job.... If I can get the right parts....
Thanks for help!

K-SKI
07-27-2012, 01:05 PM
with your jeep being an 88 i belive that you have to run dodge neon injectors 704 they are a direct replacement just pull the old and put in the new

Shaneman
07-27-2012, 11:32 PM
That's exactly what I needed.

This is a great place for me to get in trouble with the wife but have some fun doing it!

Regards,
Shaneman

Shaneman
07-31-2012, 11:29 AM
OK little confusion..... When I order or try to find neon 704 injectors,, Is that what I should ask for? What if they ask what year and engine size? I am really really new at this.. But I am trying to be my OWN wrench man!
Thanks,
Shaneman

xj4life2
07-31-2012, 01:51 PM
Part number your looking for is #0280155703, thats the Chrysler number you want for the Neon injectors. They are the Ev6 style injectors and work well. Had them in my 90 and the renix system didn't even object. Good luck , oh be sure to get all new "o" rings for them , don't want to do the twice.

Shaneman
07-31-2012, 07:25 PM
Awesome!!! Thanks for the help!

XJMJeep
07-31-2012, 11:31 PM
The Jeep 4.0 is one of the easiest engines to turn your own wrenches on.
Straight forward, cheap parts, really a great learning experience.
Don't be afraid to get under the hood and start the learning. A basic tool kit with both standard and metric sockets & wrenches and Torx bits & you are good to go!
Remember if you get in over your head, someone here can and will help you out!
Welcome aboard :thumbsup:

Shaneman
01-24-2013, 03:34 PM
OK my dealer is no help!!!!! They say they can't cross the part # for neon injector... Can anyone help me with year and engine to cross the part # so I can get new injectors...
I would like to check amazon as well..
Thanks for help!!!!!!!
Shaneman

Shaneman
01-24-2013, 03:36 PM
OH!! 1988 xj 4.0 LOL

oderdene
02-01-2013, 09:39 PM
if you not already found, it may help
#0280155703 injectors found on the '95-'97 neons

cpttuna
02-01-2013, 10:16 PM
You can contact PROGRAMBO on the cherokee forum website. He sells refurbished sets. I have purchased 5 sets from him.

amunoz
02-16-2013, 11:59 AM
Did you ever get your injectors? I just got a set of 703s that im selling and also a set of 784 for anyone else that needs them

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2