PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite Mexican food place?

Brasscatz
07-25-2012, 09:58 PM
As most Texans, I'm always on the hunt for great Mexican food. We frequent Los Cucos and Gringos (both chain stores), and there are a few others like Escalantes (close to uptown and another location), Two Amigos (290 close to the beltway) and Ruby Tequila's (Willowbrook Mall) that we enjoy as well.

I want to hear from everybody who's got a good Mexican food place, whether you're in Houston or somewhere else. Post where it's located, what dishes are best, chips and salsa any good, etc. I travel for work on occasion and if it's close to my destination, you can bet I'll stop by there and try it!

Also, while I do love Taco Bell and Taco Cabana, let's stick to non-fastfood if we can!

XJ Wheeler
07-25-2012, 10:21 PM
My favorite place isn't in Houston but rather in Beaumont. Monterey House on 11st. With the exception on the nachos (good but not much for the $) everything i've had there is great! They served my personal favorites of queso, tostadas, enchiladas, beans, rice, and quacamole. Just order the Monterey Dinner and enjoy the tex-mex-y goodness.

Grew up on Casa Ole as well, and will always have a special place in my gut.

Firemanray
07-25-2012, 10:28 PM
El Taquito in Livingston Texas. Great fajitas!!

XJMJeep
07-26-2012, 10:52 PM
Mazatlan in Auburn WA - Great salsa and their Polo Monterrey is amazing.

El Caporal in Maple Valley WA - Good food, cheap prices and cerveza grande!

:beer:

prcjeep
07-26-2012, 11:55 PM
My "best mexican" joint would definately go to Soto's Mexican Restaurant. It's located on Grant just a little south-east of jones. Awsome from scratch magaritas and from scratch food too. They give 15% discounts to HP employees too (hint hint Tony)

07Negative
07-27-2012, 01:02 AM
My neighbors actually. They have a roach coach. If not them. There's another truck, "Taco's El Gordo." Their horchata is off the charts. Bunche, tripitas, and pig cheech tacos.

cantab27
07-27-2012, 01:37 AM
well not there or here but i loved this place when i lived on the gold coast aussie...

http://www.montezumas.com.au/B/Locations.aspx

Mountain Goat
07-27-2012, 06:08 PM
Mi Ranchito....awesome food....awesome prices.... 5 locations in my area .... not a chain restaurant....here is a link in case you visit the area

http://miranchitokc.com/v2/

dillonreid
07-29-2012, 11:21 AM
I have a hard time choosing between badazz burrito and Fresco's both local to dfw!

Brasscatz
07-29-2012, 07:32 PM
My "best mexican" joint would definately go to Soto's Mexican Restaurant. It's located on Grant just a little south-east of jones. Awsome from scratch magaritas and from scratch food too. They give 15% discounts to HP employees too (hint hint Tony)

Hmm... that's not far from me at all. We're definitely going to have to check them out!

I have a hard time choosing between badazz burrito and Fresco's both local to dfw!

I'm from DFW, Hurst to be exact, and I know of several good places up there. There's Hooya! in Denton (similar to Freebirds and such), Frijoles (NRH off Rufe Snow and 820) Mi Pueblos (off Bedford-Euless Road close to Grapevine HWY... my mother's favorite), Oscar's (377 and Gleniview Rd I believe), Miguelito's (Bedford-Euless RD close to Harrison Ln.... I actually used to work there)... That's all I can think of at the moment :D

cpttuna
07-29-2012, 08:24 PM
Napoleon,Ohio-AZUL TEQUILA(the best part- if you are celebrating a birthday,the employees come out of the kitchen with pots pans and spoons and play and sing happy birthday to you.)