PDA

View Full Version : Are you locked?

Mudderoy
07-23-2012, 12:42 PM
I understand things just happen sometimes for the good, sometimes for the not so good. I am still shaking my head over my good fortune in getting a new ARB air locker for 1/2 the retail price this weekend. This has raised a question or two in my mind though.

Are people that disinterested in a locker for their Jeep that even a 50% discount on a great well made locker would put them off purchasing it?

Of course arguments could be that locking a Chrysler 8.25 is just a waste of time and money. The bad economy and duration of this recession has just made "fun" stuff like a locker a very low priority item.

Then there's the possibility that having to spend $300+ to have it installed may be another stumbling block.

A locker, front or rear, seems to be on everyone's list of wanted modifications, but is it something that you believe will be a actually modification that you'll ever make to your Jeep?

89Laredo
07-23-2012, 12:55 PM
Its on the list.
Right after f/r hitches and a lift.
Either welded rear and lunchbox front, or lunchbox f+r.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk 2

OrangeXJ
07-23-2012, 01:48 PM
My 2 cents if your going to wheel it locker's are the way to go. If not they are a waste of money

Mudderoy
07-23-2012, 01:49 PM
My 2 cents if your going to wheel it locker's are the way to go. If not they are a waste of money

That's what I thought! In fact I was pretty bummed when I figured out that I didn't have a 4 wheel drive, but a 2 wheel drive and that's only when it's in the 4x4 mode! lol

4.3LXJ
07-23-2012, 02:04 PM
There is no question that lockers increase traction. Just a rear locker will increase the capability of a 4X4 by 100%. The question arises though of whether or not it is the right decision for everyone. In your case, a selectable locker is the best of both worlds. I drove in a little local snow on the highway with my auto locker and found it quite squirely. It was like the rear was doing the Hula. 4WD was required for even a 1/2 of slush. So I am looking forward to getting my ARBs in.

nickxj94
07-23-2012, 02:06 PM
I was locked in front till I blew a shaft up and sold the locker to replace axle shafts , but I will get one for my 8.25 rear soon and leave the front open,

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Tapatalk 2

cantab27
07-23-2012, 02:34 PM
yes please on lockers......will be the next big purchase down here after the 35s.......looking at big $$$$$$ to lock up with arb down here.....if ya not going to be using it tony , on sell and buy more mods for the tj...i mean the xj dont see mud and such.....will get quoted on prices down here....did see a 2nd had one a while back for a d30 $1500........looking at 2500 a end me thinks....

4.3LXJ
07-23-2012, 03:15 PM
Wayne, is it worth it for us to buy one here and ship it to you?

cantab27
07-23-2012, 03:17 PM
shipping mate...kills it all..........made in aussie??????.... it is the next step but...the stuff i do now the others are locked...

4.3LXJ
07-23-2012, 03:20 PM
Just a thought mate. I may still be able to get one wholesale. Been awhile since I bought stuff from Randy's Ring and Pinion. But I used to have an account there.

cantab27
07-23-2012, 03:23 PM
just found this.......

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/other-accessories/auction-496746966.htm

but it would be something i would like to buy new........

Mudderoy
07-23-2012, 03:56 PM
yes please on lockers......will be the next big purchase down here after the 35s.......looking at big $$$$$$ to lock up with arb down here.....if ya not going to be using it tony , on sell and buy more mods for the tj...i mean the xj dont see mud and such.....will get quoted on prices down here....did see a 2nd had one a while back for a d30 $1500........looking at 2500 a end me thinks....

lol this is the problem with teasing, I don't know when you are serious. It will get used, and only if it's once every ten years.

cantab27
07-23-2012, 03:59 PM
lol this is the problem with teasing, I don't know when you are serious. It will get used, and only if it's once every ten years.

i'm always serious.....:rolleye0012:

by the way ,, its nearly ten years since last outing.....:D

Mudderoy
07-23-2012, 04:13 PM
i'm always serious.....:rolleye0012:

by the way ,, its nearly ten years since last outing.....:D

Not so! Rene just posted a video of me off road just an hour ago! :poke:

http://youtu.be/8nnFbWQvjjs

cantab27
07-23-2012, 04:14 PM
whos rene?????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????

lol.......

Mudderoy
07-23-2012, 04:34 PM
whos rene?????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????

lol.......

I think you know him by his nickname, Crocks.

XJ Wheeler
07-23-2012, 05:01 PM
Definitely plan on selectable lockers at both ends, just not sure if i want to load these axles up with em or wait till i swap axles.

xjrev10
07-23-2012, 05:22 PM
I don't believe locking a 8.25 is a waste. I've ran 35s on a locked 27 spline for a few years of rock crawling. I would NOT lock a Dana 30 front on anything with over 31s, or anything deeper then stock t case gears. Yer just askin to break parts...

Mudderoy
07-23-2012, 05:33 PM
I don't believe locking a 8.25 is a waste. I've ran 35s on a locked 27 spline for a few years of rock crawling. I would NOT lock a Dana 30 front on anything with over 31s, or anything deeper then stock t case gears. Yer just askin to break parts...

Thankfully my 8.25 is a 29 spline. I was hoping that a d30 locked 33s with chrome Molly axles would hold together. Although I'd be happy to upgrade that to a D44 if I found one. :D

4.3LXJ
07-23-2012, 05:41 PM
With the kind of wheeling you have available there, you won't have any trouble

cantab27
07-23-2012, 05:46 PM
Thankfully my 8.25 is a 29 spline. I was hoping that a d30 locked 33s with chrome Molly axles would hold together. Although I'd be happy to upgrade that to a D44 if I found one. :D

quoted on such a thing on the molly axles....are running them in my d30

was never sold on the upgraded front axles, and remain adamant that its better to blow an axle, and chage it in 40mins on the side of the road, than have the beefed up axles, rip ya R&P apart, and be up for big $$$ and time with the truck sitting in the garage.

Had this very conversation with a bloke that had chromoly axles in, after destroying his 2nd crown wheel in a year he gave up and put the stock axles back in.

thoughts

Mudderoy
07-23-2012, 06:46 PM

was never sold on the upgraded front axles, and remain adamant that its better to blow an axle, and chage it in 40mins on the side of the road, than have the beefed up axles, rip ya R&P apart, and be up for big $$$ and time with the truck sitting in the garage.

Had this very conversation with a bloke that had chromoly axles in, after destroying his 2nd crown wheel in a year he gave up and put the stock axles back in.

thoughts

No I have to agree with you there, but that's why I like posting this stuff. I'd rather learn here especially since the axles are about $1,500. (If I remember correctly).

Doesn't the ring and pinion fail on a D30 because the diff deforms under extreme torque? With a heavy duty diff cover, like I have, and perhaps a truss take care of the ring and pinion issue?

cantab27
07-23-2012, 06:55 PM
think a d44 would

nickxj94
07-23-2012, 06:57 PM

thoughts

Yup something has to give, there is always a weak point that will break lol!that's why I decided to leave the front d30 open I have upgraded to TJ big ujoint axles, and I will lunchbox the rear Chy 8.25 in a few months. I wheel with a couple guys with the same setup running 35s and bigger they do good, I have a winch I can use if I get in a bad spot :D

cantab27
07-23-2012, 07:01 PM
a lot has to come back to how ya wheel....foot up it airborne wheel hits ground with power still up it ..snap ..tis like bigger tires and the d30..just gotta get smarter

4.3LXJ
07-23-2012, 07:11 PM
I think this is a good case for building the entire rig for the purpose in mind and not exceeding what the equipment can handle. When building, start with the tire size desired and then build for that application bearing in mind what type of terrain you will be in.

bigjim350
07-23-2012, 07:15 PM
If I wheeled in rocks I would want a locker cause it really gets you to the good trails. However down here if you have good tires and are locked you can go anywhere on any trail and its very easy, whats the fun in that? I just want my jeep capable enough to wheel but still have fun and a challenge.

Sent from my nerdy smartphone

Carves
07-23-2012, 07:45 PM
I understand things just happen sometimes for the good, sometimes for the not so good. I am still shaking my head over my good fortune in getting a new ARB air locker for 1/2 the retail price this weekend. This has raised a question or two in my mind though.

Are people that disinterested in a locker for their Jeep that even a 50% discount on a great well made locker would put them off purchasing it?

Of course arguments could be that locking a Chrysler 8.25 is just a waste of time and money. The bad economy and duration of this recession has just made "fun" stuff like a locker a very low priority item.

Then there's the possibility that having to spend $300+ to have it installed may be another stumbling block.

A locker, front or rear, seems to be on everyone's list of wanted modifications, but is it something that you believe will be a actually modification that you'll ever make to your Jeep?

Congrats on that good buy :thumbsup:

That price might have had me interested in getting one ...

.... even tho I would have probably passed it up - in favour of something else, I would use on a more regular basis.

I could certainly use a locker on occaision ... as I could a winch ... but since my old school driving style is based on ... using the DD vehicle to enjoy the scenery - and not - using the scenery to enjoy the DD vehicle ...

.... I'll normally find an alternate route ... or put the billy on, and do some road building/repairs.

A spinoff ... of running fairly stock - is being impressed with a vehicles abilities ... whereas one tends to expect much more, from a highly modified rig.

Of course ... the terrain one intends to play in figures high ... in ones choice of add-ons.

Personally I have a good feel about the 8.25. Apparrently - iIts history, is that is was jammed under chryslers V8 muscle cars back in the day ... hence the extra bump stop section on the pumpkin.

Theres always better diffs obviously ... but the 8.25 should be a good allrounder compared to the smaller 35.

That's what I thought! In fact I was pretty bummed when I figured out that I didn't have a 4 wheel drive, but a 2 wheel drive and that's only when it's in the 4x4 mode! lol

LOL .... yep thats a pretty rude awakening - to a new chum owner of a vehicle, covered in 4x4 stickers, sold new .... as a 4x4.

Im just glad someone explained to me how it all worked when I was a little fella.

xjmarc
07-23-2012, 09:21 PM
I welded the diffs on my Bronco and first Yota, lockwrongs (worked when they wanted and that wasn't very often) in my second Yota. I had Aussies in my ZJ and the stock axles on my current XJ. When I moved up to bigger axles the front has a truetrac in it and I ran it once and tossed it and stuck a Spartan in there for monetary reasons but love how well it works. I welded the rear also for monetary reasons and because it's a trailer queen and sees very little pavement. I wheeled my brothers XJ open/open and it was like I had forgotten how to drive on the trail. Lockers will spoil you but where I ride and the folks I ride with they are not an option.

Mudderoy
07-27-2012, 07:31 PM
Disappointing turn.

Received the locker today, it all looks new, however it isn't for a Chrysler 8.25, it's for a Dana 30. ARB RD101, stated clearly on the box and stamped on the locker.

I've contacted the seller.

Carves
07-27-2012, 08:26 PM
Disappointing turn.

Received the locker today, it all looks new, however it isn't for a Chrysler 8.25, it's for a Dana 30. ARB RD101, stated clearly on the box and stamped on the locker.

I've contacted the seller.

Whats the problem :confused: ... just sell it to cantab ;)

.... for a tidy profit .. :rotfl2:

4.3LXJ
07-27-2012, 09:31 PM
Now there is an idea

Mountain Goat
07-27-2012, 09:33 PM
I will start by saying I run 35x12.50R15 tires....my thought is tire size should be the first thing you decide on ...... then make your modifications to work with the maximum size tire you plan on using.....

I did a lot of research on this "axle/locker" discussion when I first built my XJ. I came to the conclusion that the D30 was adequate for what I wanted to do as long as some mods were made. I trussed it, 4:88 ring & pinion, chrome moly axles inner, Spicer u-joints, ARB locker, ARB diff cover and all new bearings. I also installed the Mile Marker lock-out kit which included chrome moly outer axles. (My thinking behind the lock-outs was in a high stress situation a lock-out would break before an axle would.....plus a lock-out is just as easy to change on a trail as a spare tire!)

That was the front......now for the rear. I gave serious consideration to building my 29 spline 8.25 rear axle for crawling, but instead opted for a D44.....this is why.....even though I felt the 8.25 was strong enough for the wheeling I was going to throw at it, it was the c-clips that killed the deal in the end for me. Wheeling hard with "small" axles can cause broken axles.....if an 8.25 breaks an axle it may get very difficult to get it all the way back to the trailer due to the axle falling completely out of the housing....not interested! So.... a D44 out of an earlier Cherokee was hunted down and built since the axle retainers are located at the far outer (wheel side) of the axle. My D44 is also fitted with an ARB locker, ARB diff cover, 4:88 ring & pinion, chrome moly axles, and all new bearings.

I have wheeled this XJ pretty hard for 3 1/2 years now and the only axle issues I have had were 2 broken lock-outs on 2 separate occasions. Both times were extremely high stress situations for the front axle ......and I wasn't surprised they broke either time! Easy fix....remove the affected wheel, slide whats left of the broken lock-out off the stub axle, slide the new lock-out onto the stub axle, replace the wheel and lug nuts and back wheelin' you go!

I really believe in the lock-outs......they do a good job protecting some really expensive parts!

This is not meant to be the "final" word on axles or anything.....just my $.02 worth.....your mileage may vary....

cantab27
07-27-2012, 09:34 PM
give ya a can of coke , meat pie and a midget for it.........some good sellers on line......sucks bro...just throw it in the front....

xjrev10
07-27-2012, 09:35 PM
I agree. Everyone should learn how to 'drive' offroad open open on 31s. You will be amazed what you have learned when you step up to 35s locked!

Edit: big Jim's post was supposed to be quoted in this post

cantab27
07-27-2012, 09:37 PM
I will start by saying I run 35x12.50R15 tires....my thought is tire size should be the first thing you decide on ...... then make your modifications to work with the maximum size tire you plan on using.....

I did a lot of research on this "axle/locker" discussion when I first built my XJ. I came to the conclusion that the D30 was adequate for what I wanted to do as long as some mods were made. I trussed it, 4:88 ring & pinion, chrome moly axles inner, Spicer u-joints, ARB locker, ARB diff cover and all new bearings. I also installed the Mile Marker lock-out kit which included chrome moly outer axles. (My thinking behind the lock-outs was in a high stress situation a lock-out would break before an axle would.....plus a lock-out is just as easy to change on a trail as a spare tire!)

That was the front......now for the rear. I gave serious consideration to building my 29 spline 8.25 rear axle for crawling, but instead opted for a D44.....this is why.....even though I felt the 8.25 was strong enough for the wheeling I was going to throw at it, it was the c-clips that killed the deal in the end for me. Wheeling hard with "small" axles can cause broken axles.....if an 8.25 breaks an axle it may get very difficult to get it all the way back to the trailer due to the axle falling completely out of the housing....not interested! So.... a D44 out of an earlier Cherokee was hunted down and built since the axle retainers are located at the far outer (wheel side) of the axle. My D44 is also fitted with an ARB locker, ARB diff cover, 4:88 ring & pinion, chrome moly axles, and all new bearings.

I have wheeled this XJ pretty hard for 3 1/2 years now and the only axle issues I have had were 2 broken lock-outs on 2 separate occasions. Both times were extremely high stress situations for the front axle ......and I wasn't surprised they broke either time! Easy fix....remove the affected wheel, slide whats left of the broken lock-out off the stub axle, slide the new lock-out onto the stub axle, replace the wheel and lug nuts and back wheelin' you go!

I really believe in the lock-outs......they do a good job protecting some really expensive parts!

This is not meant to be the "final" word on axles or anything.....just my $.02 worth.....your mileage may vary....

good post ....have you got a link to the lock outs...wounldnt mind reading up about them...

Mountain Goat
07-27-2012, 09:55 PM
good post ....have you got a link to the lock outs...wounldnt mind reading up about them...

Here is a link: http://milemarker.com/products/drive-train-products/conversion-kits-accessories

Look at the bottom of the page.

I believe I got mine through Summit Racing.

You have to initially install the conversion kit. It comes with everything you need except brake rotors. You can not use your XJ rotors. The actual lock-outs are available as a pair (without the conversion kit) for spares or replacement. The initial cost is kind of high but they have already saved me time and money on what may have been broken axles or u-joints etc.

Mudderoy
07-27-2012, 11:04 PM

Great information, thanks. Based on what I've read I think I can get around the "C" clip issue by putting disc brakes on the C8.25. Then if the axle breaks the disc brake hardware will keep the axle in. Dana 44 front and rear would be really nice though.

Mudderoy
07-29-2012, 01:46 AM
The seller got back to me and told me he sent me the wrong locker. Apparently he had a D30 and a C8.25 air locker combo and the two boxes must have been mixed up. I guess it's not as important to put the stuff back in the right boxes if you're going to be installing both on your Jeep.

Anyway (he didn't tell me but from a post I found) he sold his XJ a few years ago. I think he has a JK now. Anyway he wants his RD101 back for his Jeep.

He offered to reimburse me for the shipping of this unit back, but he's just a kid and I got a great deal. So I told him I'd pay to ship it back.

I just completed going through the parts list of what I should have had in my box and I'm only missing one major component (other than the locker). So hopefully this will all be straighted out soon.

Mudderoy
07-29-2012, 01:51 AM
http://youtu.be/33pPBj5sr0M

And if you are not familiar with lockers and what they can do...

http://youtu.be/C2wkW05Pc6c

Mudderoy
07-29-2012, 09:22 PM
Well the RD93 is in the mail (or shipped at least).

http://xjtalk.com/images/special/arbrd93.jpg

http://xjtalk.com/images/special/arbrd93a.jpg

Mudderoy
07-30-2012, 04:52 PM
Wow I didn't know that so many people had lockers!

4.3LXJ
07-30-2012, 05:11 PM
Time to join the club Tony

nickxj94
07-30-2012, 06:42 PM
Wow I didn't know that so many people had lockers!

I don't anymore :(

Mudderoy
07-30-2012, 09:16 PM
Time to join the club Tony

I contact a local place, 249 Drivetrain, about installing the RD93. $200 but they are booked through August 15th. We may have misunderstood each other but I thought he told me I'd have to leave the XJ there. I don't leave my XJ when someone's working on it. So I'll wait until I'm ready to do it and ask again.

XJ Wheeler
07-31-2012, 01:27 AM
I contact a local place, 249 Drivetrain, about installing the RD93. $200 but they are booked through August 15th. We may have misunderstood each other but I thought he told me I'd have to leave the XJ there. I don't leave my XJ when someone's working on it. So I'll wait until I'm ready to do it and ask again.

Good advice for everyone.

nateyz2000
07-31-2012, 10:38 AM
I just installed an Aussie locker in front... Wow, what a difference... I did slick rock with ease:) will someday do selectable...

Mudderoy
07-31-2012, 10:39 AM
I just installed an Aussie locker in front... Wow, what a difference... I did slick rock with ease:) will someday do selectable...

VIDEO! :popcorn:

nateyz2000
07-31-2012, 10:42 AM
249 - YouTube

Mudderoy
07-31-2012, 10:45 AM
249 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blHmsLDa7vc&feature=youtube_gdata_player)

Cool video. That computerized video stabilization had a weird, yet pleasing, float to it. Love seeing both those front tires giving it hell. That's the way they should have built the Jeeps to start with.

You're on the front page! ;)

nateyz2000
07-31-2012, 10:47 AM
Cool video. That computerized video stabilization had a weird, yet pleasing, float to it. Love seeing both those front tires giving it hell. That's the way they should have built the Jeeps to start with.

You're on the front page! ;)

Yeahi was impressed with the video float, almost looked Hollywood like... Lol

Front page... I feel very honored:-) thank you!

Mudderoy
08-08-2012, 01:28 PM
Okay so I received the second locker in the mail today! This one is a RD93 woohoo!

NW99XJ
08-08-2012, 01:56 PM

I did a spartan in my D30 a couple months back... I was AMAZED how much of a difference it made. It's a bit loud for a daily driver, (90° turns in a parking lot)...but I'm used to it now. I'm still open in the rear.... but my last wheeling trip was with three other cherokees that were locked up in the rear, and I out performed them on every trail.... maybe it was driver skill (not bragging I swear) but I cant argue with not having to get pulled/yanked. I too would like to go selectable eventually, but I'll probably do another mechanical locker for my C8.25.

Mudderoy
08-08-2012, 02:00 PM
I did a spartan in my D30 a couple months back... I was AMAZED how much of a difference it made. It's a bit loud for a daily driver, (90° turns in a parking lot)...but I'm used to it now. I'm still open in the rear.... but my last wheeling trip was with three other cherokees that were locked up in the rear, and I out performed them on every trail.... maybe it was driver skill (not bragging I swear) but I cant argue with not having to get pulled/yanked. I too would like to go selectable eventually, but I'll probably do another mechanical locker for my C8.25.

Interesting. That's the age old question. Lock front, or rear first? I come from the old drag racing (street) days, so rear makes the only sense to me. Of course off road is much different than street racing, still...

OrangeXJ
08-08-2012, 02:23 PM
Interesting. That's the age old question. Lock front, or rear first? I come from the old drag racing (street) days, so rear makes the only sense to me. Of course off road is much different than street racing, still...

when I had my XJ I got a electric locker form a xjtalk member for the front and loved it then I got a lunch box locker for the rear. I could flip a switch and unlock the front and turn instely. Now on my tj I have front and rear OX lockers and I find my self useing the rear one the most so you can stear better.

Mudderoy
08-08-2012, 02:28 PM
when I had my XJ I got a electric locker form a xjtalk member for the front and loved it then I got a lunch box locker for the rear. I could flip a switch and unlock the front and turn instely. Now on my tj I have front and rear OX lockers and I find my self useing the rear one the most so you can stear better.

So you can't lock and unlock the OX instantly?

OrangeXJ
08-08-2012, 02:30 PM
you can but it's slower you have to turn the wheel back and forth to get the front to unlock the same with locking it

Mudderoy
08-08-2012, 02:32 PM
you can but it's slower you have to turn the wheel back and forth to get the front to unlock the same with locking it

Interesting. I think I'm going to like the ARB air locker, if I find a great deal like I did on this rear locker.

OrangeXJ
08-08-2012, 02:37 PM
Here's what I'm thinking the front has the old style cable system the rear is the new style I have no problem with the rear and have been told if I put the new style in the front it will work better

OrangeXJ
08-08-2012, 02:44 PM
Interesting. I think I'm going to like the ARB air locker, if I find a great deal like I did on this rear locker.

I have heard ARB is the same way. It's not really a big deal I'm talking about a few seconds to get the gears to dis enguage. Before all I had to do was flip a switch

4.3LXJ
08-08-2012, 03:40 PM
On that front vs rear question. Front is great on flat ground or backing up. But the steeper the hill, the less effective it is.

Mudderoy
08-08-2012, 10:50 PM
As I posted earlier today, the ARB RD93, air locker for the Chrysler 8.25 came in today.

The only thing I saw that wasn't great, was that part of the cooper air line had been flattened during shipment.

ARB tech support replied to my e-mail. I supplied them with the serial number of the unit. They said it was built in 2009, but it is identical to the units they are making now.

4.3LXJ
08-09-2012, 09:41 AM
Tony, you can take a pair of pliers and squash the line the other way enough to pass enough air to work well.

Mudderoy
08-09-2012, 10:52 AM
Tony, you can take a pair of pliers and squash the line the other way enough to pass enough air to work well.

I'm hoping so. I need to see if there is a way I can check it prior to installing it though.

straightsixjeep
08-17-2012, 07:51 AM
I'm hoping so. I need to see if there is a way I can check it prior to installing it though.

Any luck getting the locker installed? Im thinking about buying a aussie locker for my rear 8.25. Seems there excessive backlash causing a "clunk." Instead of just replacing the gears why not lock it?

Mudderoy
08-17-2012, 08:58 AM
Any luck getting the locker installed? Im thinking about buying a aussie locker for my rear 8.25. Seems there excessive backlash causing a "clunk." Instead of just replacing the gears why not lock it?

It's a long term project. I might be installing it sooner than I expected it just depends. I really bought it because it was such a fantastic price. I'm in no hurry to install. I have motor to swap, and then a few other odds and ends before I go off road anyway.

straightsixjeep
08-17-2012, 12:12 PM
Hopefully Il have mine in by the time yours is in :)

UpstateXJ
08-17-2012, 06:03 PM
I am not locked yet...

However, I will run selectable lockers in both front and rear axles! I have seen nearly stock rigs with lockers hang with the big dogs.

straightsixjeep
08-18-2012, 02:04 AM
^Thats my intentions, waiting on my locker to arrive. It will be my first "mod." Went up one size for the tires, 235 75 15, other than that its stock. Cant wait to hit a trail

Boost_Retard
08-25-2012, 11:10 PM
Not "lockers" but i have front and rear detroit truetracs..i had run lockers/welded on previous rigs and figured i would give these torque biasing diffs a shot for the daily driver, so far they have never missed a beat, invisible on the road and deadly in the bush. i dont think i will ever go full lock again unless its a bush only rig OR my future vehicle is equipped with a manual trans, Auto and truetrac's = GREAT driver/bush machine.