PDA

View Full Version : Electronic vs air.

ArmyGuy45
07-21-2012, 11:52 PM
From what I see on this forum ARB is one of the best locker. But you guys dont talk about which is better. Electronic vs air.

So..........

bigjim350
07-21-2012, 11:55 PM
If i were to buy one, I think id go electric. Much easier to trail fix a broken wire going to it, rather than a broken airline. However neither is very likely to happen, so id say which ever one you get the best deal on would be the way to go

Carves
07-22-2012, 12:19 AM
Not knowing the quality of one brand compared to another ....

I'd go for one of these ... simply coz its just a plain ol cable operation ...

--> http://www.ox-usa.com/ox/Products/Lockers/tabid/429/Default.aspx

4.3LXJ
07-22-2012, 12:21 AM
That is a debate that you find popular, and no real conclusion. The ARB does use air so you have to plumb in air for it. The other side is the ARB is stronger, but probably not enough to make a difference for the average wheeler. I have ARBs, but I have air too.

ArmyGuy45
07-22-2012, 12:36 AM
That is a debate that you find popular, and no real conclusion. The ARB does use air so you have to plumb in air for it. The other side is the ARB is stronger, but probably not enough to make a difference for the average wheeler. I have ARBs, but I have air too.

Well one benefit is that if you have air you could use it for your tires should get you get a flat. Right?

I do agree with the poster above about how electrical would be easier to fix should you break a wire vs air line.

What happens if you have a locker that is air and you bust a line. You just look the locker ability, doesnt damage the diff?

4.3LXJ
07-22-2012, 12:38 AM
Well one benefit is that if you have air you could use it for your tires should get you get a flat. Right?

I do agree with the poster above about how electrical would be easier to fix should you break a wire vs air line.

What happens if you have a locker that is air and you bust a line. You just look the locker ability, doesnt damage the diff?

No damage. And yes lots of air for tires.

ArmyGuy45
07-22-2012, 12:55 AM
No damage. And yes lots of air for tires.

So air would be the way to go since its multipurpose... right?

5-Speed XJ
07-22-2012, 12:56 AM
mechanical ox ftw

4.3LXJ
07-22-2012, 12:57 AM
So air would be the way to go since its multipurpose... right?

That has been my thought. So I plumbed in the air first and have been enjoying its benefits till I build my axles.

You can check out my OBA in the how to section

gary63
07-22-2012, 08:48 AM
they are all good. they all have there good and bad. The air will some times get moister in the lines in the winter and freeze and block the air so it won't lock or unlock very very rare and easy to fix.they did have a o-ring problem but that is mostle installing.The elec. is the easyest to install but you have more little things if you don't instaal it right wire braking fuses blowing switches quit working also easy fixes.the cable dosen't have those problem but you can't ceenk the cable so you have to run it so it is stait and wide turns. or you can add a elec. or air selanode to work it then you are with the same problem as the others.the good is they all are locker.So pick the one that you can work with and injoy it good luck wheeling.