PDA

View Full Version : New to XJTalk and having vacuum line issues

elistwrt
07-20-2012, 06:01 PM
How's it going guys, I'm new XJTalk and was wondering if anyone had a diagram or schematic for the vac lines on a 97 XJ 4.0??? PLEASE HELP lol I'm going to die down here in Louisiana with my a/c only coming out of defrost vents...

Oh before someone hits me with a "hey noob use the search feature"... I have used search, but all the post with pics aren't showing the pics...

Thanks,
Stewie

cantab27
07-20-2012, 06:07 PM
howdy stewie,,, didn't know we had a search button...sites different as in no one answers a question with that old saying....no dumb questions here,, just the ones ya don't ask...cant help with ya problem, but someone will chime in.....and welcome to xjtalk..glad ya found us..

4.3LXJ
07-20-2012, 08:10 PM
Jon, the first thing to check is the vacuum reservoir behind the passenger side bumper. They crack. Common problem

prerunner1982
07-20-2012, 11:27 PM
Oh before someone hits me with a "hey noob use the search feature"... I have used search, but all the post with pics aren't showing the pics...

HEY NOOB.... you have us confused with another Cherokee forum. :D

Welcome to XJTalk.

Start at the vacuum "ball" behind the front bumper on the passenger side and follow the lines coming out of it. If you don't find any cracks you may also have to check the line inside of the cab where it enters through the firewall.

BlueXJ
07-21-2012, 09:05 AM
You are in the default mode. The line under your dash that goes to the diverter box may have cracked and fallen off. So check from the vacuum ball and the other places mentioned from the prior posts but if they are all good then check the line going to the diverter box or as the factory calls it the blender.

On CF the search function works BTW.

elistwrt
07-21-2012, 12:09 PM
Thanks for all the welcomes guys...

I've checked the vac "ball" I couldn't find any cracks and I have suction where it hooks to the ball, but further up the main vac line at the second "T" i have a small black hard line that is snapped off but i have no idea were it goes... Can't find anything.... Also does anyone know exactly where the "a/c vacuum" line go through????? This leak is haunting me!!!! lol

elistwrt
07-21-2012, 12:13 PM
Thanks for all the welcomes guys...

I've checked the vac "ball" I couldn't find any cracks and I have suction where it hooks to the ball, but further up the main vac line at the second "T" i have a small black hard line that is snapped off but i have no idea were it goes... Can't find anything.... Also does anyone know exactly where the "a/c vacuum" line go through????? This leak is haunting me!!!! lol

through the firewall.... My bad!

4.3LXJ
07-21-2012, 01:27 PM
That is the problem. No vac to the controls.

elistwrt
07-21-2012, 01:45 PM
Awesome! Thanks 4.3, Now I just need to know where that line goes through the fire wall? I don't know why I cannot find it

4.3LXJ
07-21-2012, 02:02 PM
Right next to the AC lines and heater hoses. Should be another coming out to the valve in the heater hose line

elistwrt
07-21-2012, 05:02 PM
4.3, you saved me!! Lmao Thank you!! 99ยข fix!

4.3LXJ
07-21-2012, 06:42 PM
Anytime Jon