PDA

View Full Version : Welcome workgoats!!!

4.3LXJ
07-13-2012, 07:26 PM
Hi workgoats, welcome to the xjtalk forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Check out "Announcements" "How to post an image" for help posting images.

Got a Wrangler? Maybe a friend with one? http://www.WranglerTalk.com/

workgoats
07-13-2012, 08:12 PM
After buying a 89 XJ junker for the transmission to go in my daughter's XJ. I couldn't let it all go to waste.

I cut off the front suspension clip and the rear axle, built a tube frame and proceeded to build a street/trail rod. It got a little out of hand after I hand built the Willys replica front end.

Radiator from Speedway
318 from a 82 Ramcharger
727 from a 87 Ramcharger
242 (with a new input gear) from the 89 XJ
wiring from scratch (one wire at a time)

It's still in construction mode. And, since I'm between jobs, there is not a lot of budget to play with. I'm now working on the hood and there will have to be a lift of some sort to get rid of a conflict between the control arm on top of the differential and a motor mount.

BTW, I found the forum with a google search on a dumb question.

Here's a short video of its first day out of the garage. I live in the middle of town so I can't be too free with the driving. And there is a cop who lives around the corner.

First drive (vimeo.com/44550481)

There is a build thread on another forum. I will reference it if that is allowed or recreate it here if anyone is interested.

4.3LXJ
07-14-2012, 09:39 AM
Well, that is cute. Nice grill work.

Mudderoy
07-15-2012, 06:10 AM
After buying a 89 XJ junker for the transmission to go in my daughter's XJ. I couldn't let it all go to waste.

I cut off the front suspension clip and the rear axle, built a tube frame and proceeded to build a street/trail rod. It got a little out of hand after I hand built the Willys replica front end.

Radiator from Speedway
318 from a 82 Ramcharger
727 from a 87 Ramcharger
242 (with a new input gear) from the 89 XJ
wiring from scratch (one wire at a time)

It's still in construction mode. And, since I'm between jobs, there is not a lot of budget to play with. I'm now working on the hood and there will have to be a lift of some sort to get rid of a conflict between the control arm on top of the differential and a motor mount.

BTW, I found the forum with a google search on a dumb question.

Here's a short video of its first day out of the garage. I live in the middle of town so I can't be too free with the driving. And there is a cop who lives around the corner.

First drive (vimeo.com/44550481)

There is a build thread on another forum. I will reference it if that is allowed or recreate it here if anyone is interested.

Looks like this is going to be an interesting build! :popcorn:

:welcome: to the site!

XJ Wheeler
07-16-2012, 12:16 AM
Looks like this is going to be an interesting build! :popcorn:

:welcome: to the site!

Just my thought.

Glad to have you here, welcome to xjtalk.

1Akevin
07-16-2012, 10:08 AM
Welcome to the forum!