PDA

View Full Version : 95 OBDII Conversion

XJexpedition
07-12-2012, 09:12 PM
I should have the 95 tomorrow. I'd like to convert it to OBDII for all the Android Apps they have and wireless OBDII plugs as well has tuners and stuff.

Is it really complicated? Would whole harness have to be replaced? Does anyone know of a write up?

I would think the computer, maybe some sensors and a few wiring changes would be it but thats coming from working on Hondas. Hondas it's quite easy to change from one to another and back if you want.

4.3LXJ
07-12-2012, 09:23 PM
You will need the complete intake manifold, weld four bungs for O2 sensors on the exhaust manifold, or use the late manifold, complete wiring harness, ECM, change the plug for the harness on the tranny. Also, change the fuel system from a two line to a single line system and the OBDII gas tank. I might have missed something, but at least that.

XJexpedition
07-12-2012, 09:39 PM
You will need the complete intake manifold, weld four bungs for O2 sensors on the exhaust manifold, or use the late manifold, complete wiring harness, ECM, change the plug for the harness on the tranny. Also, change the fuel system from a two line to a single line system and the OBDII gas tank. I might have missed something, but at least that.

Might luck out and find a wrecked complete donor. I think it would be worth doing if I can get everything from one donor XJ.

Sent from my Rooted and Custom Motorola Photon using TapaTalk2 Pro

4.3LXJ
07-12-2012, 09:52 PM
That is just about what you would have to do. There are some drawbacks to that gas tank though. No baffles in it, so it does not like corners on a 1/4 tank

XJexpedition
07-12-2012, 10:02 PM
That is just about what you would have to do. There are some drawbacks to that gas tank though. No baffles in it, so it does not like corners on a 1/4 tank

Might see about a custom tank then, problem solved

4.3LXJ
07-12-2012, 10:17 PM
I have one. Spendy. Fortunately I got mine from the pick and pull for $40

89Laredo
07-14-2012, 06:28 AM

Only commiefornia 99+ had 4 oxygen sensors, afaik.
I know for a fact that 96 only has two.

jonb8
07-15-2012, 09:54 PM
I've done alot of HO coversions ( 2 were 96 obd2),, and 4.3 is right you gotta change it all. Don't even attempt it without a complete 96 model donor vehicle. The wiring is really easy if you mark it all,, and take your time. Not sure if the wiring on your trans is the same or not cause I alway's use the complete drivetrain when I swap....