PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Mutt!!!

bluedragon436
07-11-2012, 04:03 PM
Hi Mutt, welcome to the xjtalk forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Check out "Announcements" "How to post an image" for help posting images.

Got a Wrangler? Maybe a friend with one? http://www.WranglerTalk.com/

Mutt
07-11-2012, 04:25 PM
Howdy jeepers, I was looking around at the Cherokee forum and found a link here, so ta da..here I am. Thanks for the welcome.
I'm currently jeepless at the present time, and working out of state..saving some money for another jeep when I get back to Oregon.
I've had a few jeeps, 5 I guess, 3 cj7's, a 1980 waggie, and a 1977 J20. They kinda get in your blood lol. I'm looking forward to picking up my first XJ, from the videos I've seen those little rigs really wheel very well.
Other than that..I'm 48, home is Salem Oregon and I can't wait to get back. Good wheeling to all of you and stay safe on and off the trails.

Mudderoy
07-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Howdy jeepers, I was looking around at the Cherokee forum and found a link here, so ta da..here I am. Thanks for the welcome.
I'm currently jeepless at the present time, and working out of state..saving some money for another jeep when I get back to Oregon.
I've had a few jeeps, 5 I guess, 3 cj7's, a 1980 waggie, and a 1977 J20. They kinda get in your blood lol. I'm looking forward to picking up my first XJ, from the videos I've seen those little rigs really wheel very well.
Other than that..I'm 48, home is Salem Oregon and I can't wait to get back. Good wheeling to all of you and stay safe on and off the trails.

:welcome: to xjtalk! :D

4.3LXJ
07-14-2012, 06:14 PM
Hey Roger, I lived for 25 years in Albany area. Glad to have you aboard. I should get together with you sometime and see where the hot spots to wheel are. I have been to Goat Mountain, not too far from you. Loved the sand on the coast. Lots of wheeling spots I went to are no longer wheeling spots.

Mutt
07-15-2012, 11:55 AM
Howdy Steve, thanks for the welcome. Well, I moved to Salem in May 2011, but now I'm back in Michigan. My old boss called me to help on him on a year long project, and I need the work so......
I really didn't get to look around too much, and I was driving a '77 J20, getting about 9 mpg's lol, but the Tillamook State Forest has some good trails, check out Brown's Camp on youtube, and snow wheeling is pretty popular. The Detroit area comes to mind, and that's not too far east of Salem.
I really can't wait to get back home..I'll have enough cash saved up for a new trail rig and then I can have a little fun, and there's a local club I want to join as well.
Well take care and be safe.

4.3LXJ
07-15-2012, 04:10 PM
I haven't been to Tillamook to wheel. I have driven through there many times on the way to the coast. There is a streetcar museum out there also. When I left the area, Tillamook was not a place to wheel yet. I think it was closed off until more recently. Goat Mountain is closer to Salem and from what I gather, it is getting pretty knarly. Lots of guys go out there to target practice too.

1Akevin
07-16-2012, 10:11 AM
Welcome to the forum!