PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy bushings???

XJ4IV
07-09-2012, 08:37 PM
I need to purchase some bushings for a project Im doing but I cant find a parts place that carries just normal ole bushings like they use when building aftermarket control arms. I need to SEE them and test them up in some tube before I buy a handfull of them! I tried my local AZ and found nothing same with orielly and carquest so either my locals are DUDS or im out of luck!

4.3LXJ
07-10-2012, 12:27 AM
Are you talking spherical rod ends?

XJ4IV
07-10-2012, 12:38 PM
nope just plain Jane polyurethane bushings

4.3LXJ
07-10-2012, 06:32 PM
You can get those almost anyplace. However you need to know the application

olds-cool
07-10-2012, 10:20 PM
IIf you can find a vehicle with similar specs, you can try using the energy suspension catalog to get a part number. XJs are listed too if you're looking for a stock sized replacement.
Try here (http://energysuspension.com/assets/files/2010-energy-suspension-catalog.pdf)

XJ4IV
07-10-2012, 10:41 PM
well basically I want to get the STYLE like aftermarket control arms use but I want them a little smaller inside diameter not sure off hand the size I need for the diameter but I can measure em and check I know this much smaller than control arms bushings and a little bigger than shock bushings

msmoorenburg
07-11-2012, 08:31 AM
well basically I want to get the STYLE like aftermarket control arms use but I want them a little smaller inside diameter not sure off hand the size I need for the diameter but I can measure em and check I know this much smaller than control arms bushings and a little bigger than shock bushings

you know they do machine like metal. Buy a size that is close and make buddy's with a guy who has a lathe :sniper: