PDA

View Full Version : jeepspeeeed

rice.desert
07-08-2012, 11:28 PM
The eventual goal is to be class 1450 legal. After I built my bumpers I read some jeepspeed rules and the "sportsman class" of the 2 jeepspeed classes requiers you builds around the stock bumper and not remove it entirely. And since I dont have the money to be anywhere near competitive in the unlimited jeepspeed class, I wont run it. That being said, I can still build it to run 1450 and have somewhat of a chance at being competitive. So there you have it. The ultimate goal here is to have a 1450 class legal daily driver and be able to drive to the race, run it, and make it home. If I ever got the want to. Know what I mean?

4.3LXJ
07-09-2012, 12:58 AM
Make sure your cage is up to spec. They are really picky about that I hear.

XJ Wheeler
07-09-2012, 12:05 PM
I was wondering when we'd see some jeepspeed action. Nice cage work. Can't wait to see it roar through the desert.

Mudderoy
07-09-2012, 12:08 PM
I was wondering when we'd see some jeepspeed action. Nice cage work. Can't wait to see it roar through the desert.

When the site was pretty new, we actually had a Jeep Speed forum. Eventually it was removed due to lack of posts. Maybe we'll see more of it now since we have over 2,000 members.

XJ Wheeler
07-09-2012, 12:25 PM
When the site was pretty new, we actually had a Jeep Speed forum. Eventually it was removed due to lack of posts. Maybe we'll see more of it now since we have over 2,000 members.

That would be great, i love the idea of jeepspeed. Always wanted to try desert racing, and what better vehicle than a xj.

That's awesome, 2,000 members! You gotta be proud about that, Muddy. http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h401/xj-wheeler/create-15-1.gif