PDA

View Full Version : West Virgina Storm

jonb8
07-05-2012, 09:29 PM
6 day's without power and tonight I'm finally back online and the A/C is feelin good. A storm came through last Friday and put the whole state of West Virginia in a state of emergency. I lost a few tree's but nothing serious, the problem has been 95 to 101 degree's everyday with no electricity...Man it's been a long 6 day's... Worst storm I've seen in my 44 years, 100 plus year old tree's were ripped out by the roots, they say the winds were clocked at 85 MPH, but I've seen 80 MPH winds before and these were alot worse....

4.3LXJ
07-05-2012, 09:39 PM
Glad you are OK Jon. We used to get those every once in awhile in OR too, so I feel for ya.

cantab27
07-05-2012, 10:15 PM
yeah glad ya ok jon.......mother nature she can be a bit moody at times....

Mudderoy
07-06-2012, 09:43 AM
6 day's without power and tonight I'm finally back online and the A/C is feelin good. A storm came through last Friday and put the whole state of West Virginia in a state of emergency. I lost a few tree's but nothing serious, the problem has been 95 to 101 degree's everyday with no electricity...Man it's been a long 6 day's... Worst storm I've seen in my 44 years, 100 plus year old tree's were ripped out by the roots, they say the winds were clocked at 85 MPH, but I've seen 80 MPH winds before and these were alot worse....

Well glad you're back, no one was hurt, and now you can get some good sleep. Perhaps you're lucky and can sleep in the heat, I can't.

4.3LXJ
07-06-2012, 11:05 AM
Well glad you're back, no one was hurt, and now you can get some good sleep. Perhaps you're lucky and can sleep in the heat, I can't.

Old trick from old Texas family. Take off all your clothes and sleep under a wet sheet.

jonb8
07-07-2012, 07:26 AM
Thanks guy's, we stayed busy making sure everyone we knew had what they needed. expecially the elderly, me and my buddy Morris worked on generators for day's so the my mom and some other people that couldn't take the heat could get some relief. It's amazing how everyone comes together when times get bad....

BlueXJ
07-07-2012, 07:40 AM
Yeah I have been meaning to buy a generator but I only see the two ends of the spectrum real cheap low output and the huge diesel ones that would power a factory.

bluedragon436
07-07-2012, 05:17 PM
Glad to hear everything is back up and running... That same storm did quite a bit of damage up here as well in DE/MD.. Luckily for us, we were only without power/ A/C for two days... The damage path I saw here, doesn't look like a normal wind storm to me... looks pretty close to the aftermath I saw after Tornadoes went through areas... I'm just saying, I think there were some tornadoes dropping down during that storm front... But again glad to hear everything is back up and running again, and that everyone is safe!!

DETOURS
07-09-2012, 08:35 AM
Hopefully you got last nights storm and you can breath again, we had the same storm earlier and lost power for 2 days, 65 mph winds here, must'a been a crappy 6 days for you for sure! That heat wave was the worst I've ever been through, it was 109* and 90% humidity in the shop Saturday..ugg.

Glad you made it through it!

XJ Wheeler
07-09-2012, 01:17 PM
Glad to hear its back going. Just dealt with some of that here. Be careful around all that stuff.

jonb8
07-10-2012, 07:06 AM
I quess there having trouble finding power poles now. My brother still has no power, the crew that was there yesterday said there waiting on poles, seems there's never been a natural disaster that was this widespread and took out so many power poles.

4.3LXJ
07-10-2012, 08:58 AM
That is where it pays to live out west. We have lots of them. We grow the trees they use for them