PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Khyren!!!

bigjim350
06-28-2012, 05:17 PM
Hi Khyren, welcome to the xjtalk forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Check out "Announcements" "How to post an image" for help posting images.

Got a Wrangler? Maybe a friend with one? http://www.WranglerTalk.com/

Khyren
06-28-2012, 05:45 PM
It's been my experience that Jeeps have been trying to kill me all my life. Every major accident that I have been in involved a Jeep. Could have just been that there were that many Jeeps on the road and they all wanted to tell me Hello in an upclose and personal way. I don't know the cosmic ramifications of it all but that's how it worked out.

But in the end, I now own one. It's a 1997 Cherokee SE that's pretty much as base model as you can get. It was an old Tx DOT truck. 2WD, auto, manual locks and windows, air, cruise, 4.0, and ABS. Oh and an added on propane kit at 9,000 miles which was taken off at 178,000 miles. So the engine has been run on propane most of it's natural life. Someone added an FIPK to it after they got it from the state.

I got it for $2700. Had to put coil over shocks on the rear to get the ass off the ground, front shocks were exploded, gave it a tune up(plugs, cap, rotor, and wires), added a tranny cooler, serviced all the fluids, changed the crank sensor. That was just getting it so I felt safe getting me to where I needed to get going. And it got me another 6,200 miles around the country over the course of the next few weeks.

Get home and I have replaced the lower front control arm bushings, oil pump, gauge cluster to a sport with real gauges, an interior panel that was cut for the propane tank, steering wheel, upstream o2 sensor, AIT sensor, MAP sensor, TPS sensor, coil, and flushed the brakes.

The XJ is much easier to work on than the Lincoln Mark 8 I had and I'm kind of liking the simplicity of things with it.

I'm not new to forums, engines, turbochargers, superchargers, or just about anything vehicle related other than 4x4 stuff. I have only ever owned 2 and those weren't for very long.

If you see this posted on another forum, don't be surprised as I just joined 4 today. It's a lot of information, so I'm going to copy/pasta.

Khyren

4.3LXJ
06-28-2012, 06:43 PM
Welcome Jason. OK, so you worked on it. We all do. But sounds like you got a good handle on it. If run on propane, that engine should be in good shape.

Khyren
06-28-2012, 10:17 PM
That's most of the reason I bought it. Came with a detailed maintinence log book from Tx. Looking to change the injectors for more atomization soon. Not sure if I should go with the Neon 703's or the Ford's mist.

4.3LXJ
06-29-2012, 11:05 AM
Not sure on that one either. Mudderoy has upgraded his injectors. Some get better results and some don't.

1Akevin
07-02-2012, 09:40 AM
Welcome to the forum!