PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Lift & Body Lift?

SeniorGustas
06-26-2012, 05:40 PM
Again, i'm new.. I was wondering if I can put a 3 inch Rubicon Express suspension lift on and then add some sort of 2 inch or so body lift? I'm trying to run 33's with minimal trimming. The only reason i want to go with a body lift is so i dont need to buy all the drop kits! any one know if i will run into problems doing this? If not what are some good body lifts? Thanks for all the help guys!:D

EekGirl96
06-26-2012, 05:46 PM
You cant do body lifts on Cherokees..theyre uni-bodies

bluedragon436
06-26-2012, 06:30 PM
Although it would def. be cheaper that way... we unfortunately can't do body lifts as said above... You're only choices are either a lift either 3.5 or 4.5 and some trimming, a larger lift all together and no trimming, or no lift and a lot of trimming or the last one no lift and let the tires trim for you.... along with purchasing new tires..... and now the money spent you could have just gotten a larger lift to start with.. LOL..

SeniorGustas
06-26-2012, 06:42 PM
Oh, Man bummer. Well thanks guys. Do you know if i would need any drop kit for 3.5 inch lift?

bluedragon436
06-26-2012, 06:49 PM
If you get a decent lift it usually comes with drop brackets for your sway bar... and some XJ's will get a slight vibe after being lifted, if so then you would need to pick up a TC drop, which are usually pretty cheap... Or you could look into spending a little bit more on the lift and pick up a 4.5" lift (http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_xj_4.html), which usually come with a TC drop and will allow you to clear 32's... not to mention they usually come with full pack leafs, instead of just AAl's... You can check our site sponsors and see the deals they have on their lifts, not to mention a bit of a discount for being a member of xjtalk on top of the great deals they already provide...

Mudderoy
06-27-2012, 04:49 PM
Oh, Man bummer. Well thanks guys. Do you know if i would need any drop kit for 3.5 inch lift?

The Rough Country 4.5" lift comes with everything you need. It's possible that you may have drive line vibrations on 97+ Cherokees, so then you would need to install a SYE, or adjust the pinion angle via shims under the leaf springs.

Now it's not ALL you need if you want to get fancy, but it will get you 4.5" higher. 32x11.5x15 on 10x15 wheels (3.75" backspace) will fit with minor rubbing in tight turns.