PDA

View Full Version : Geez it is HOTTER than Hell here.

prerunner1982
06-26-2012, 12:42 PM
Summer has come and it is HOTTER than Hell..... no really it is.

Today here in OKC it is supposed to be 104*.
Today Hell (http://www.bing.com/weather/search?q=current%20conditions%20hell%2c%20mi&unit=F&qpvt=current+conditions+hell%2c+mi&FORM=DTPWEA) is supposed to be 81*...

Maybe I need to get a summer home in Hell.

Of course people living in parts of NM and CO think they are in Hell right now too with all the fire and heat.

Time to get back to work, everyone enjoy their Tuesday.

denverd1
06-26-2012, 01:40 PM
I'm a few miles south of you in East Texas. I keep telling myself that this year is better than last, but yes, it IS hotter than hell and is supposed to be like this all week. When its to hot to go to the damn lake its WAY too hot...

Although, at this point last year we were on day 15 or so of consecutive 100* days. I think we had over 50 in a row. Today is about day 2 or 3 total that have been over 100, but I agree. Too hot, way too hot to work on the jeep.

EekGirl96
06-26-2012, 01:42 PM
its 101 here in AZ, itll reach 109 in a couple of hours and by wednesday itll be 113....

4.3LXJ
06-26-2012, 01:52 PM
66° here in NorCal :D

cantab27
06-26-2012, 02:17 PM
http://www.metservice.com/towns-cities/christchurch/christchurch

just saying ...........harden up ...y'all chose to live in a hot state......gonna go hide now

4.3LXJ
06-26-2012, 02:27 PM
I remember my father in law telling me Texas was God's country :D

cantab27
06-26-2012, 02:31 PM
yeah but sounds like the other dude is in charge of the weather Steve...

4.3LXJ
06-26-2012, 02:35 PM
There is an old folk song I have called Hell in Texas.

Here are the words. Enjoy

Hell in Texas

Oh, the Devil in hell they say he was chained,
And there for a thousand years he remained;
He neither complained nor did he groan,
But decided he'd start up a hell of his own,
Where he could torment the souls of men
Without being shut in a prison pen;
So he asked the Lord if He had any sand
Left over from making this great land.

The Lord He said, "Yes, I have plenty on hand,
But it's away down south on the Rio Grande,
And, to tell you the truth, the stuff is so poor
I doubt if 'twill do for hell any more."
The Devil went down and looked over the truck,
And he said if it came as a gift he was stuck,
For when he'd examined it carefully and well
He decided the place was too dry for a hell.

But the Lord just to get the stuff off His hands
He promised the Devil He'd water the land,
For he had some old water that was of no use,
A regular bog hole that stunk like the deuce.
So the grant it was made and the deed it was given;
The Lord He returned to His place up in heaven.
The Devil soon saw he had everything needed
To make up a hell and so he proceeded.

He scattered tarantulas over the roads,
Put thorns on the cactus and horns on the toads,
He sprinkled the sands with millions of ants
So the man that sits down must wear soles on his pants.
He lengthened the horns of the Texas steer,
And added an inch to the jack rabbit's ear;
He put water puppies in all of the lakes,
And under the rocks he put rattlesnakes.

He hung thorns and brambles on all of the trees,
He mixed up the dust with jiggers and fleas;
The rattlesnake bites you, the scorpion stings,
The mosquito delights you by buzzing his wings.
The heat in the summer's a hundred and ten,
Too hot for the Devil and too hot for men;
And all who remained in that climate soon bore
Cuts, bites, stings, and scratches, and blisters galore.

He quickened the buck of the bronco steed,
And poisoned the feet of the centipede;
The wild boar roams in the black chaparral
It's a hell of a place that we've got for a hell.
He planted red pepper beside of the brooks;
The Mexicans use them in all that they cook.
Just dine with a Greaser and then you will shout,
"I've hell on the inside as well as the out! "

xj4life2
06-26-2012, 03:11 PM
Ok I just gotta ask , You are saying its hotter than hell, might I ask what you are useing as a referance point? Just pondderin' :)

By the way in my experiance in TX they have two seasons Africa hot and artic cold , nothin in between.

Mudderoy
06-26-2012, 03:24 PM
Ok I just gotta ask , You are saying its hotter than hell, might I ask what you are useing as a referance point? Just pondderin' :)

By the way in my experiance in TX they have two seasons Africa hot and artic cold , nothin in between.

Geez man, he's married. :rotfl2:

bluedragon436
06-26-2012, 03:35 PM
Last week here in MD/DE it was 96 with a heat index of 100+.. today it is a nice 77... not sure what the high will be though or even the heat index... but this year here it has been hotter than last.... Then again still cooler than the 160 it was in the desert when I was deployed... talk about being in hell!!

prerunner1982
06-26-2012, 07:05 PM

My reference point?...Hell....Hell, Michigan. :D Nobody noticed the Hell was linked in the link where I quoted the temp in Hell...? ;)

Although, at this point last year we were on day 15 or so of consecutive 100* days. I think we had over 50 in a row. Today is about day 2 or 3 total that have been over 100, but I agree. Too hot, way too hot to work on the jeep.

I believe we had 63 days last summer over 100*.. so this year isn't so bad.....yet.

4.3LXJ
06-26-2012, 07:23 PM
Hotter than Hell here too, Helltown, CA that is.

xj4life2
06-26-2012, 07:49 PM
My reference point?...Hell....Hell, Michigan. :D Nobody noticed the Hell was linked in the link where I quoted the temp in Hell...? ;)

Nope I honestly missed that

I believe we had 63 days last summer over 100*.. so this year isn't so bad.....yet.

Sounds like us 2 summers ago

Hotter than Hell here too, Helltown, CA that is.

Forgot aboout Helltown, thats just up Honey run though, so it wasn't that much different than here in town :)

Brasscatz
06-26-2012, 08:28 PM
Heard this one on the radio today... thought it might fit the bill. Carves might like this one...

http://youtu.be/Ahmn02Urc0c

EekGirl96
06-26-2012, 09:49 PM
Fyi I still hate you guys for it being cool where you are but its supposed to storm tonight...fingers crossed

I cant chat when im on my phone :(

Carves
06-26-2012, 10:43 PM
I remember my father in law telling me Texas was God's country :D

Texas must be much like Australia then ... since we have the same turn of phrase ... ;) .. :D

Heard this one on the radio today... thought it might fit the bill. Carves might like this one...

Carves does ... and several others off that diamonds and gasoline album ... :thumbsup:

Fyi I still hate you guys for it being cool where you are but its supposed to storm tonight...fingers crossed

I cant chat when im on my phone :(

Just got back from getting some fire starters ....

I can feel the ..... hate / heat ???? .... already .... :smiley-laughing021:

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/Funnies/FW270612b.jpg

XJMJeep
06-26-2012, 11:16 PM
In the US I think its HOT everywhere but here.... kinda jealous, I wanta complain too! :rolleye0012:

Brasscatz
06-26-2012, 11:37 PM
Carves does ... and several others off that diamonds and gasoline album ... :thumbsup:

Ha! Glad you do! I spent 30 minutes or so going through and downloading several myself!

Since I've worked outside for the last 7+ years getting into hot 140*+ cars with leather seats just to go take pictures of them, I've found several ways to try to beat the heat:
1. Got a sun hat that doesn't look too horrible (kinda looks like a cowboy hat)
2. Under Armour long-sleeved compression shirts with the sleeves soaked make my arms feel cold
3. Frogg Toggs Chilly Pad (http://www.froggtoggs.com/?cooling) around my neck. Picked mine up at my local Academy Sports for around 13 bucks.
4. Also, today I bought a pair of gloves that are "Sweat Activated Cooling, plus UPF 50 UV protection"... also hoping that they will prevent me from burning my dang hands when I touch these cars.

I don't burn (too much Cherokee injun in me), but I've already had 2 pre-cancerous freckles cut off of me from sun exposure over my whole life, so I try to keep cool and cover up... and occasionally use sun block ;)

bigjim350
06-27-2012, 01:28 AM
My method of staying cool is simple. Just drink lots of beer so you sweat like crazy. Works for me.

Sent from my nerdy smartphone

OrangeXJ
06-27-2012, 09:35 AM
Ha! Glad you do! I spent 30 minutes or so going through and downloading several myself!

Since I've worked outside for the last 7+ years getting into hot 140*+ cars with leather seats just to go take pictures of them, I've found several ways to try to beat the heat:
1. Got a sun hat that doesn't look too horrible (kinda looks like a cowboy hat)
2. Under Armour long-sleeved compression shirts with the sleeves soaked make my arms feel cold
3. Frogg Toggs Chilly Pad (http://www.froggtoggs.com/?cooling) around my neck. Picked mine up at my local Academy Sports for around 13 bucks.
4. Also, today I bought a pair of gloves that are "Sweat Activated Cooling, plus UPF 50 UV protection"... also hoping that they will prevent me from burning my dang hands when I touch these cars.

I don't burn (too much Cherokee injun in me), but I've already had 2 pre-cancerous freckles cut off of me from sun exposure over my whole life, so I try to keep cool and cover up... and occasionally use sun block ;)

I have a Frogg Toggs they are sweet work really well

cantab27
06-27-2012, 01:18 PM
man its cold this morning.......-4

4.3LXJ
06-27-2012, 01:50 PM
That is enough to freeze your beer Wayne