PDA

View Full Version : Hey everyone

DaNetguys
06-21-2012, 10:20 AM
Hey, My name is Brent and I am a new XJ owner(9months)...
I bought a 1989 XJ for 500 last year and have been working on getting it going ever since. Its now running, smogged, registered and I just got the lift and tires etc. on it. I have used these forums to pick up great ideas on how to do stuff, so I figured I would join at least one of them. Thanks for all the info and I hope be come back often for more insights from current/past XJ owners.

Brent

prerunner1982
06-21-2012, 10:24 AM
Welcome to our addiction.

Sounds like you have done quite a bit to your XJ, post up pics when you can.

Mudderoy
06-21-2012, 10:25 AM
Hey, My name is Brent and I am a new XJ owner(9months)...
I bought a 1989 XJ for 500 last year and have been working on getting it going ever since. Its now running, smogged, registered and I just got the lift and tires etc. on it. I have used these forums to pick up great ideas on how to do stuff, so I figured I would join at least one of them. Thanks for all the info and I hope be come back often for more insights from current/past XJ owners.

Brent

:welcome: to xjtalk Brent! Figured you'd join one? I bet you say that to all the forums! :D Actually we're just glad you joined here, and posted! Be sure and post of some pictures of your rig. We love watching builds and offering suggestions, basically spending other people's money. :patriot:

4.3LXJ
06-21-2012, 10:51 AM
So you got it smogged. What part of the world you from Brent, CA maybe?

LizardRunner
06-21-2012, 11:01 AM
Welcome to XJTalk!

1ATony
06-21-2012, 01:55 PM
HI Brent,Welcome to the site.

DaNetguys
06-26-2012, 04:13 PM
Yup, California....Central Cal. Near fresno. Hey btw. My wife went to Chico State. She was raised in Redding(where we met)... someday I hope to move back there. Anyways, Ill try and post some picks of my XJ soon. I have some "before and after" pics, although most of what I have done was just to get the rig going :). I took it up to the Sequoia's this weekend and it did great :). Amazing how an old 200K rig can do.

nateyz2000
06-26-2012, 04:18 PM
Yup, California....Central Cal. Near fresno. Hey btw. My wife went to Chico State. She was raised in Redding(where we met)... someday I hope to move back there. Anyways, Ill try and post some picks of my XJ soon. I have some "before and after" pics, although most of what I have done was just to get the rig going :). I took it up to the Sequoia's this weekend and it did great :). Amazing how an old 200K rig can do.

Hello from manteca!

Nate
<><

4.3LXJ
06-26-2012, 04:21 PM

Just outside Chico here. XJ4life lives in Paradise

KH96XJ
06-26-2012, 04:54 PM
Welcome. We need pics of your XJ.

:worthlesspics:

Brasscatz
06-26-2012, 05:38 PM
Just outside Chico here. XJ4life lives in Paradise

Wife read a book series that was set in your area.... I think it was by Robyn Carr. Isn't that right around Grower's country?

bluedragon436
06-26-2012, 06:51 PM
:welcome: to xjtalk from DE/MD... Look forward to seeing pics of your XJ. And feel free to post on any threads, or even start your own if you have any questions or comments..

jeeptian
06-27-2012, 05:05 AM
welcome

4.3LXJ
06-27-2012, 06:10 AM
Wife read a book series that was set in your area.... I think it was by Robyn Carr. Isn't that right around Grower's country?

Checked her book list, not my kind of books. But from the sound of the tittles maybe not. This is mining country all around us here. Lots of colorful history.
Mark lives in Paradise. But it used to be known as Pair O' Dice.

xj4life2
06-27-2012, 11:17 AM
Checked her book list, not my kind of books. But from the sound of the tittles maybe not. This is mining country all around us here. Lots of colorful history.
Mark lives in Paradise. But it used to be known as Pair O' Dice.

Largest gold nugget ever found was in Paradise 54lbs,April 12 1859, drunk miner fell over it on his way back to camp lol lol .At todays gold prices it would be worth 1.2 Billion dollars. It was found at Whiskey Flats and is also known as the "Dogtown Boulder". We were also a home for the Northern Army during the civil war, The used the sap from our Ponderosa pines to make Turpintine. Lots of other fun facts but I wont bore ya with them :)

XJ4IV
06-28-2012, 03:12 PM
Hello from manteca!

Nate
<><

Hey my folks live in manteca! YAY west coast!

nateyz2000
06-29-2012, 12:53 AM
Hey my folks live in manteca! YAY west coast!

Yea brah!

Nate
<><