PDA

View Full Version : Hello, hola

lado00
06-21-2012, 12:01 AM
Hi to everyone im new in this forum. I bought a jeep cherokee pioneer 1988 six inline 4.0L like a year ago, i started to have some problems with my jeep when the gear box i had to replace it and after that was the ac, third was two oil leaks one from the rear main seal and the other one from oil pan it was hard to replace this two. This is a big issue now i was replacing the. Thermostat but the lower corner broke and the screw dont go straight, so im kind of frustrate because if is not one thing is the other . U know want i mean i like my jeep but i want to keep it straight.

oderdene
06-21-2012, 12:59 AM
hi, welcome to forum. personally I not changed rear main seal, heard it is not so hard to do. Please see http://www.dailydriventj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=811 for reference

XJMJeep
06-21-2012, 01:03 AM
The joy's of owning a 24yr old rig with, let me guess 200k +
Nothing lasts forever but the 4.0 is sure trying to. I have an 88 with 207k and I'm not going to lie, it can be a pain to keep up with all the little problems but in the end the parts are cheaper than a new car payment and probably still out last a new car.
Anyway, welcome aboard! :thumbsup:

LizardRunner
06-21-2012, 11:12 AM
Welcome to the Jeep zone! :driving: Owning such a cool vehicle, even though they were designed to cause massive hair loss through multi digit application with a yanking motion of the arms, they are loved.