PDA

View Full Version : Removing ABS brakes

gary63
06-20-2012, 07:11 AM
I have ABS brakes have anyone remove them and all the stuff that goes with it
around the brake booster and master cyl.? I know if you unhook it you have the abs light on simple fix unplug the light and a trouble code that I would just ignor.What about the booster and master cyl. will they work as will or worst or better? I try looking it up but all I found was people removing it and upgrading to handle bigger tires and axels and more power.I'm just about ready to change the gears and axels and the new axels wont have the Abs gear and and junk up and around the booster I wont need and it will give me moore room for other thing.JUst so you know I have a 2000 xj.

Mudderoy
06-20-2012, 09:08 AM
I have ABS brakes have anyone remove them and all the stuff that goes with it
around the brake booster and master cyl.? I know if you unhook it you have the abs light on simple fix unplug the light and a trouble code that I would just ignor.What about the booster and master cyl. will they work as will or worst or better? I try looking it up but all I found was people removing it and upgrading to handle bigger tires and axels and more power.I'm just about ready to change the gears and axels and the new axels wont have the Abs gear and and junk up and around the booster I wont need and it will give me moore room for other thing.JUst so you know I have a 2000 xj.

I think msmoorenburg either has or will be removing his in his 1997. He replaced the Dana 35 rear axle with a C8.25 though, which may make the process much easier.

Dredwolf
11-10-2012, 09:49 PM
I think msmoorenburg either has or will be removing his in his 1997. He replaced the Dana 35 rear axle with a C8.25 though, which may make the process much easier.

Going to be tackling this swap very soon. I want to put the stock airbox back, and move the PA horn, and with the 8.25 in place, its time to chunk the ABS.

Got part of what I needed from the junkyard today, going after the other in the morning. Will try to do a write up when I do the swap.

Ringo
11-15-2012, 10:11 AM
Done it earlier this past spring after install of a 8.8 ford with disc brakes.

gary63
11-15-2012, 10:21 AM
I have the the word out that if any of the auto yard if a 2000 with out abs comes in I get it.that way I can get the comp. and booster and master cyl..
Then it will be a strate change out.