PDA

View Full Version : No More Cherokees???

matchframe
06-17-2012, 09:02 AM
Yesterday I was working in the garage when my daughter came in. I could tell she was upset. She asked, do they still make Cherokees? I said, "No, I think the last one was built in 2000." She said that I had better keep Kermit running forever since that is all she wants to drive. Apparently she was talking with her brother and he mentioned that they don't make Cherokees anymore.

Most of you are familiar with her XJ, Kermit. Here is a link for background: Link (http://xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=10179)

I thought it was a little funny about her re-action to hearing the news. I guess she will drive an XJ as long as possible. If and when she does have to get something else, I know it will be a Jeep. :thumbsup:

Mudderoy
06-17-2012, 09:04 AM
Yesterday I was working in the garage when my daughter came in. I could tell she was upset. She asked, do they still make Cherokees? I said, "No, I think the last one was built in 2000." She said that I had better keep Kermit running forever since that is all she wants to drive. Apparently she was talking with her brother and he mentioned that they don't make Cherokees anymore.

Most of you are familiar with her XJ, Kermit. Here is a link for background: Link (http://xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=10179)

I thought it was a little funny about her re-action to hearing the news. I guess she will drive an XJ as long as possible. If and when she does have to get something else, I know it will be a Jeep. :thumbsup:

Tell her they made them from 1984 to 2001, about 2.7 million of them. Many government agencies used them, so there will be lots of spare parts for many years to come.

matchframe
06-17-2012, 09:10 AM
Tell her they made them from 1984 to 2001, about 2.7 million of them. Many government agencies used them, so there will be lots of spare parts for many years to come.

Thanks! I will tell her that. This will be good news to her!

Brasscatz
06-17-2012, 10:58 AM
I find it sad too. It's unfortunate that when a company comes up with such a good thing, they discontinue it. I guess when sales are down, etc, you have to do what's best for the company. Blah.

cantab27
06-17-2012, 01:54 PM
tis green...will live for ever ...the sprits strong in the green ones...

jccatt
06-17-2012, 04:16 PM
Ah you say green...spirit...yes strong it is witin the green ones. Yoda

Sent from my dieing HTC Un-Desire half smart phone

XJ Wheeler
06-17-2012, 08:37 PM
You can also inform her they made the cherokee in China calling it the "2500" until 2005.

1ATony
06-21-2012, 02:15 PM
I wish they still made them too. I love Cherokees, although I wouldn't give up my ZJ for anything. I love that truck.

bluedragon436
06-22-2012, 01:08 AM
Heck as my travels have taken me to different parts of many states... I have seen that there are still many govt. agencies that still continue to use XJ's to this day, so parts should be able to be had for many years to come... I too wish they still made the XJ... I'm not going to lie though, if I had the money to spend right now, I'd look at picking up another Jeep product, just to have something a bit newer for a DD, and keep my XJ as a trail and every now and again driver!!

Mudderoy
06-22-2012, 12:38 PM
Heck as my travels have taken me to different parts of many states... I have seen that there are still many govt. agencies that still continue to use XJ's to this day, so parts should be able to be had for many years to come... I too wish they still made the XJ... I'm not going to lie though, if I had the money to spend right now, I'd look at picking up another Jeep product, just to have something a bit newer for a DD, and keep my XJ as a trail and every now and again driver!!

I have never owned anything that lasted this long. I can't think of anything I could buy now that I would expect to last as well. I'm not a car person, so I'm speaking of SUVs or pick up trucks.

Now if I could afford a new truck every two to four years, I'd drive one of those and have the XJ and a fun vehicle. At least that way I wouldn't have to worry about the truck needing any major done to it.