PDA

View Full Version : Warn Hub question

XJ4IV
06-14-2012, 10:10 PM
Im looking into getting a set of warn lockout hubs and Ive been "googling" them for a few hours this evening but cannot find a true diagram showing the installation procedures, what Im curious is do I need to replace the WHOLE stinking hub assembly or just the internals and then place the new lockout in place?
the OE one stays in place with a tiny snap ring and with the new setup I dont see a way for it to lock in place... any help on this?
Thanks

4.3LXJ
06-14-2012, 10:37 PM
Scott, the way locking hubs work is to shift the part that transfers the power to the axle now in and out. The part you see is not the part that takes the power. Sometimes all that really holds that part on is a snap ring and some bolts to the part it holds. But you use the original hub. It should have splines inside it. The locking hug uses these splines and the ones on the end of the axle and engages them both when locked.

XJ4IV
06-14-2012, 10:49 PM
I think I might have left out a few details the WARN 38826 model shows a slim finish with a few small torx screws on the outside, I dont see where those screw in, am I to drill and tap holes for those or does that front facia come off the part and the internal portion locks into place and then the front screws onto the internal portion

XJ4IV
06-14-2012, 10:53 PM
ok I THINK I figured it out here is a pic
http://lh4.googleusercontent.com/public/ZaWqmEql5fRggirXp1IcliKSVkkJTj8Jx0nkQhb2a2V9XPwVck ZVwiNHmQYa0oUqJqDJRj-MXMlFBB7kLoDkW51Z1rbqaKJx9_NggLHf5T0LAyh23hE6KjoBV Y0Ok0j1HDn1JF3mG02Hcdbh3bFdCMjQK3tLYvi_RyrHPsr8jI4 mmX7PY8K9rIqeeQfJD6d2wLZJvQhwsg58

so it appears that the old hub slides out and this guy slides on in and as stated above the front piece does just screw into place! awesome I guess I figured it out... worlds smallest thread!

bigjim350
06-14-2012, 11:26 PM
Once you take it apart you will see just how easy they are to install.