PDA

View Full Version : Speed sensor?

countreeboy_23
06-14-2012, 06:21 PM
I got a call on my lunch break today from my wife telling that the speedometer quit working, rpm gauge quit working, and the air bag light came on. Then they all fix themselves as quickly as the stopped working. I was told it could one of two things. The gauge cluster is going out, or the speed sensor is going bad, but it was most likely the speed sensor. I was just wanting to get other opinions before I start replacing parts. Thanks in advance.

4.3LXJ
06-14-2012, 09:50 PM
Probably just a bad connection in the back, a known issue with the 01

Cheromaniac
06-15-2012, 07:30 AM
Definitely not the VSS 'cause that wouldn't affect the tachometer. A loose wiring harness connector to the instrument cluster is more likely so that would be the first place I'd look.

Mudderoy
06-15-2012, 10:32 AM
I got a call on my lunch break today from my wife telling that the speedometer quit working, rpm gauge quit working, and the air bag light came on. Then they all fix themselves as quickly as the stopped working. I was told it could one of two things. The gauge cluster is going out, or the speed sensor is going bad, but it was most likely the speed sensor. I was just wanting to get other opinions before I start replacing parts. Thanks in advance.

Common grounding problem with the cluster. Tell her to push on the cluster face and everything will start working again. Happened to me twice going to work this morning. It used to only do it when it was cold out. :patriot: