PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help

4.3LXJ
06-13-2012, 04:25 PM
OK, no there is nothing wrong with the Jeep I can't fix. But I have a request from my wife. She wants to embroider an XJ on a tie for me that looks sort of like a topographic map. So I need a good line drawing for her to work from. You guys got any good line drawings, or links to some?

Carves
06-13-2012, 06:31 PM
Maybe use Google Sketchup ??

Theres some good images of XJs in the Google 3D Warehouse or whatever they call it.

You can change the full colour drawings to - black & white, or what they call, wireframe using the view tab.

TrystanZ24
06-13-2012, 06:33 PM
Carves beat me to it. Google sketchup. Yup.

4.3LXJ
06-13-2012, 07:11 PM
OK, I'll give it a try

4.3LXJ
06-13-2012, 07:46 PM
Maybe use Google Sketchup ??

Theres some good images of XJs in the Google 3D Warehouse or whatever they call it.

You can change the full colour drawings to - black & white, or what they call, wireframe using the view tab.

This might be a limited success, you know where we have no failures. Downloaded it and the tutorials won't download, nor can I even open a new document

Carves
06-13-2012, 07:59 PM
This might be a limited success, you know where we have no failures. Downloaded it and the tutorials won't download, nor can I even open a new document

Lucky You ... damn tutorials pop up - every time I open the program .. :D

Sketchup 8 is the latest I think ??? ... Im using earlier.

Left click ... File
Left click ... 3D Warehouse
Left click ... Get Models

Enter XJ Cherokee in the new window search box.

Pick one ya like ... and
Left click ... download model
Left click ... yes for download to your model ... which should be the open, blank file that was provided when you originally opened the program.

Delete the little bloke near the cross hairs ...

Orbit ... in the toolbar ... is rotate.

Tis a bit of a clunky program imho ... but handy.

cantab27
06-13-2012, 10:49 PM
whats a tie

jccatt
06-13-2012, 10:57 PM
Something you hold cables with

Sent from my dieing HTC Un-Desire half smart phone

Carves
06-14-2012, 10:20 PM
Had a win yet, 4.3LXJ .. ??

4.3LXJ
06-14-2012, 10:33 PM
Not sure. She called me today and said she took one of my photos and was drawing lines and tracing them. Out of my hands now. She is head strong sometimes. I offered to crank up an old computer with photoshop on it and render the lines, but nooooooooooo. She has to do it her way. We bought the tie last night. And her email says she bought a shirt from Macy's for it. She wants to have it done by Father's day.

Carves
06-14-2012, 11:51 PM
Not sure. She called me today and said she took one of my photos and was drawing lines and tracing them. Out of my hands now. She is head strong sometimes. I offered to crank up an old computer with photoshop on it and render the lines, but nooooooooooo. She has to do it her way. We bought the tie last night. And her email says she bought a shirt from Macy's for it. She wants to have it done by Father's day.

awww ... she's a keeper. :thumbsup:

If my ex, who didnt know a sewing needle from a steel fence post ... had ever tried what your missus is doing ....

I probably would have got a tie ... with a diecast toy glued on it ... :D

4.3LXJ
06-14-2012, 11:53 PM
awww ... she's a keeper. :thumbsup:

If my ex, who didnt know a sewing needle from a steel fence post ... had ever tried what your missus is doing ....

I probably would have got a tie ... with a diecast toy glued on it ... :D

Yeah, well she is liking the XJ more and more all the time. She has been driving it the past couple of weeks. Says she gets weird looks from guys.

cantab27
06-15-2012, 12:36 AM
i get weird look from guys too......

4.3LXJ
06-15-2012, 07:53 AM
She gets them though because hers is bigger than theirs :smiley-taunt013: