PDA

View Full Version : Front sway bar

PEI-XJ
06-10-2012, 02:39 PM
i put on Rusty's Jeep XJ-TJ-YJ Tie Rod Conversion http://www.rustysoffroad.com/rustys-jeep-xj-tj-yj-tie-rod-conversion.html but with my 3 inch RC lift i had to take the sway bar off due to the links are to short any idea's on what to do dont have longer links yet was thinking about brackets for the mounts

cantab27
06-10-2012, 02:42 PM
leave it off,, or buy / make some disconnects...........can buy differnt size ones as in what lift you run........i run them on my 3" lift........

PEI-XJ
06-10-2012, 02:44 PM
do find ur jeep goes all over the road with out it on and my jeep is a daylie driver not a week end wheeler

cantab27
06-10-2012, 02:51 PM
get the discos then...........i thought my xj drove better without the bar.......just gotta get use to driving it again....tis not that bad........check that you are aloud to run with out it ,,,as in law ,,insurance ....

just have a look at these things mate.....might be the shot....radom site ...

http://www.rocky-road.com/xjdiscon.html

4.3LXJ
06-10-2012, 04:52 PM
do find ur jeep goes all over the road with out it on and my jeep is a daylie driver not a week end wheeler

All over the road is usually an alignment issue. Mine drives straight on decent road without one. But it is better to have it. You can get different length disconnect links or just lengthen the ones you have about 2"

PEI-XJ
06-10-2012, 05:37 PM
not so much all over the road but a lil loose
i plan on getting a alignment done but with lobster fishing going on its hard to tell what time i am in a each day

nateyz2000
06-11-2012, 06:27 PM
not so much all over the road but a lil loose
i plan on getting a alignment done but with lobster fishing going on its hard to tell what time i am in a each day

Just want to say, my quick disconnects are one of my favorite purchases... As far as drop kit for sway bar, I had one for a while... Just 2 simple brackets giving my sway bar a 3" drop

Nate
<><

KH96XJ
06-11-2012, 09:11 PM
I have a disco, but I don't have a problem running with the sway bar disconnected. Just drive a little more defensive and a little slower in the curves. Driving without the doors on took longer to get used to than the sway bar disconnected.

bigjim350
06-12-2012, 12:30 AM
Tie rod roll is a pretty common problem with the rusty's setup. And that would cause the problems your having.

PEI-XJ
06-15-2012, 03:50 PM
what do u mean big jim