PDA

View Full Version : Kevin's Offroad track bar and steering box brace

prerunner1982
06-07-2012, 07:10 PM
Does anyone have any experience with either of these products?

Bluedragon and LizardRunner both mentioned Kevin's offroad in another death wobble thread and rather than hijack that thread I made my own so anyone with any experience with these products may see it.

So are the "customer testimonials" posted on the website accurate? Let me know your experiences...

Thanks.

bluedragon436
06-11-2012, 11:39 PM
Well I can't speak for the steering box brace... But we have a guy who works in the other maintenance squadron, and he has the trac bar from Kevins offroad... and he said it was well worth the money to him... He said he had a bar from another company, can't remember which one right off hand, and had it bend after a few offroad trips on the trails... but said he hasn't had any issues with this one after a year of use on the trails and DD.. I am going to stick with my RC trac bar, and just upgrade the bushings on the axle end of it to the ones from Kevin's offroad... as I don't have the money for the full trac bar... I do have to say that I do love the pure beef look of the setup they sell though, so might be a purchase later down the road if I really get into wheeling my XJ..

LizardRunner
06-19-2012, 08:50 AM
Kevin makes very good stuff. His trac bar in on about 6 of my buddies rigs, put on after one of them had serious enough DW that his rig flipped on a highway. I have plans to move from my Kevins' Off Road Track bar to Andy's stuff when I add more lift. Andy's pieces are the only ones that I consider better than Kevin's. I had plans to go with Kevin's sliders until I was introduced to the ones Detours makes, which I am now saving up to order. For me, the bottom line is installing the best I can get, and we have some awesome dealers supporting this site so I plan on making my rig the best and sturdiest I can since I don't plan on ever selling it.

Marcelo73
06-22-2012, 03:44 AM
Kevin makes very good stuff. His trac bar in on about 6 of my buddies rigs, put on after one of them had serious enough DW that his rig flipped on a highway. I have plans to move from my Kevins' Off Road Track bar to Andy's stuff when I add more lift. Andy's pieces are the only ones that I consider better than Kevin's. I had plans to go with Kevin's sliders until I was introduced to the ones Detours makes, which I am now saving up to order. For me, the bottom line is installing the best I can get, and we have some awesome dealers supporting this site so I plan on making my rig the best and sturdiest I can since I don't plan on ever selling it.

Andy is from Detour? Are you talking about the Unibody Rok Slyder? In the homepage says are 'temporary unavailable'.

Mudderoy
06-22-2012, 12:41 PM
Andy is from Detour? Are you talking about the Unibody Rok Slyder? In the homepage says are 'temporary unavailable'.

Andy = Ironman4x4fab.com
Mark = DetoursUSA.com

Yeah it says that but Mark's webmaster can be slow to make changes. Just call him, and I'm sure he'll just give you a time frame. He's just really busy with stuff.

Marcelo73
06-24-2012, 01:14 AM
Andy = Ironman4x4fab.com
Mark = DetoursUSA.com

Yeah it says that but Mark's webmaster can be slow to make changes. Just call him, and I'm sure he'll just give you a time frame. He's just really busy with stuff.

Thanks for the info. Damn, Ironman means another option where to buy Control Arms. As if Currie, JKS, RE or Clayton were not enough :crazy:

LizardRunner
06-25-2012, 08:41 AM
Ironman Andy's parts are so heavy duty, you might as well say "here's the Beef".
Mark at Detours makes parts so well thought out, they make it a nobrainer.
I had thought about going with a Clayton lift but after coming here, I'll be using Mark's and Andy's parts to put together my higher lift.

Mudderoy
06-25-2012, 09:08 AM
Thanks for the info. Damn, Ironman means another option where to buy Control Arms. As if Currie, JKS, RE or Clayton were not enough :crazy:

I have Andy's arms on my XJ and I have a full set of uppers to go on the TJ, fixed lowers from RC with the lift I just installed. I can't believe how heavy duty those things are.

prerunner1982
07-24-2012, 02:22 PM
I have plans to move from my Kevins' Off Road Track bar to Andy's stuff when I add more lift. Andy's pieces are the only ones that I consider better than Kevin's. .

I like the price point and ease of install of Andy's, but it appears to be for rigs with 4-8" of lift. I don't have this much and don't plan on this much. Kevin's says from 1-8" of lift.

Looking at other alternatives now though.