PDA

View Full Version : Codes - P01493, P00441

matchframe
06-04-2012, 06:49 AM
I am getting a couple of codes. A P01493 and a P00441.

From the best I can tell the 441 is a gas cap? So does just replacing the gas cap make this code happy?

I found in a thread search that the 1493 code is for a temp sensor on the battery. I don't recall seeing a sensor there, where is it located?

Thanks!!

msmoorenburg
06-04-2012, 07:00 AM
I am getting a couple of codes. A P01493 and a P00441.

From the best I can tell the 441 is a gas cap? So does just replacing the gas cap make this code happy?

I found in a thread search that the 1493 code is for a temp sensor on the battery. I don't recall seeing a sensor there, where is it located?

Thanks!!

The sensor is on the bottom of the battery tray, 99% of the time a gas cap will clear 441

matchframe
06-04-2012, 07:21 AM
The sensor is on the bottom of the battery tray, 99% of the time a gas cap will clear 441

Cool! Thanks!!

matchframe
06-05-2012, 07:06 AM
I found the battery temp sensor. I pulled the battery tray out and found that one of the wires leading to the temp senor was crushed. I cut that bad piece out and soldered the wire back together. Doing this gave me chance to really clean up and paint under the tray. I did not work much on that side when I was doing the re-build.

Also replace the gas cap. So far, no codes. I need to get the Jeep inspected so Allison is gong to drive it around today so the IMs will populate.

Mudderoy
06-05-2012, 09:01 AM
I found the battery temp sensor. I pulled the battery tray out and found that one of the wires leading to the temp senor was crushed. I cut that bad piece out and soldered the wire back together. Doing this gave me chance to really clean up and paint under the tray. I did not work much on that side when I was doing the re-build.

Also replace the gas cap. So far, no codes. I need to get the Jeep inspected so Allison is gong to drive it around today so the IMs will populate.

She's lucky, if she was my daughter she may never drive again! :rotfl2:

matchframe
06-05-2012, 10:12 AM
She's lucky, if she was my daughter she may never drive again! :rotfl2:

The accident was not her fault. It was caused by the others who could not keep their cars under control. But since non of those cars came into contact with her, their insurance would not cover her Jeep and we only had liability. Allison also pulled off a 3.9 her freshman year at Baylor which earned her more scholarships, so by re-building her Jeep, is my way of congratulating her. Also I am more than thankful she was not hurt in the accident

Mudderoy
06-05-2012, 04:40 PM
The accident was not her fault. It was caused by the others who could not keep their cars under control. But since non of those cars came into contact with her, their insurance would not cover her Jeep and we only had liability. Allison also pulled off a 3.9 her freshman year at Baylor which earned her more scholarships, so by re-building her Jeep, is my way of congratulating her. Also I am more than thankful she was not hurt in the accident

Yeah but my point wasn't that it was her fault, or any of that. If it was my baby she would never leave the house again! Just a parent's reaction when their child comes so close to being injured. :D

matchframe
06-05-2012, 05:04 PM
Yeah but my point wasn't that it was her fault, or any of that. If it was my baby she would never leave the house again! Just a parent's reaction when their child comes so close to being injured. :D

I see what you mean. It is difficult to watch her drive off even if she is just going out for a drive.

My son lives in Dallas will turn 21 in July. He will head home in a couple of weeks. I will be anxious to hear when he makes it to Buccess and then watch for him to pull in the driveway. It is interesting how much weight is lifted when you see them pull into the driveway.

xj4life2
06-05-2012, 07:47 PM
not to hijack the thread but I just checked out your site and saw the before and after pics of the Jeep and must say you did a fantastic job !!!!That thing looks brand new . I also wanna thank you for the trip down memeory lane with your 53, My dad had one , a two door but the same color and all, the interior shots reminded me of driving to A&W with him in that thing,good memories!! Also from all of here on XJ talk (yes i'm takeing libertys on this one) we really appreciate the props you have givin us us on your site!!!
PS I felt the same way when I saw my son walk off the plane from 15mos in Iraq.He's a man ,a father and a soldier but still my baby boy!

matchframe
06-05-2012, 08:31 PM
not to hijack the thread but I just checked out your site and saw the before and after pics of the Jeep and must say you did a fantastic job !!!!That thing looks brand new . I also wanna thank you for the trip down memeory lane with your 53, My dad had one , a two door but the same color and all, the interior shots reminded me of driving to A&W with him in that thing,good memories!! Also from all of here on XJ talk (yes i'm takeing libertys on this one) we really appreciate the props you have givin us us on your site!!!
PS I felt the same way when I saw my son walk off the plane from 15mos in Iraq.He's a man ,a father and a soldier but still my baby boy!

Thanks!! Means a lot to me!!

All of you here have been a huge help to me when I was rebuilding Allison's Jeep. I honestly could not have done all that work in such a short time without the help of XJTalk!! I looked back at the calendar and I was shocked that it took me only 8 weeks to do all of that work. I was hoping to have it finished by the end of the Summer, but it went together a whole lot faster than I thought.

Thanks for your son's service to our Country. I can't even image what you must have gone through knowing he was in Iraq.

xj4life2
06-06-2012, 11:02 AM
Thanks!! Means a lot to me!!

All of you here have been a huge help to me when I was rebuilding Allison's Jeep. I honestly could not have done all that work in such a short time without the help of XJTalk!! I looked back at the calendar and I was shocked that it took me only 8 weeks to do all of that work. I was hoping to have it finished by the end of the Summer, but it went together a whole lot faster than I thought.

Thanks for your son's service to our Country. I can't even image what you must have gone through knowing he was in Iraq.

I will pass your thanks on, he acts tough but loves to hear it as the Army is his career andloves what he does for the most part. He's been in Iraq twice now and have learned to put him in Gods hands.He's a big boy and well trained at what he does so I can rest in all that.
Again glad we could help!!! and I would recomend anyone here check out your site some seriously nice work there !!!