PDA

View Full Version : Where did ya fix that...

cantab27
06-01-2012, 07:20 PM
ok then ,,we have all done it...pulled that part down on coffee table ,,rebuilt the winch on the dinner table....post the pics and story....

yes shes gonna kick my butt, but hey i need to soak it ....:rolleye0012:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr52/cantab27/2012-06-02001004.jpg

4.3LXJ
06-01-2012, 07:37 PM
Ford tranny for my Jeep project, on the living room floor

gary63
06-02-2012, 08:22 AM
and your next progect is a bed in your shop lol

4.3LXJ
06-02-2012, 08:48 AM
Don't laugh, I have slept in my shop. I used to have a shop with AC. When the house AC quit, I put a bed in the shop and slept in it.

cantab27
06-02-2012, 11:09 AM
well after i washed the bath....i was asked to sleep in the bloody jeep...her words not mine...........:p

4.3LXJ
06-02-2012, 02:40 PM
well after i washed the bath....i was asked to sleep in the bloody jeep...her words not mine...........:p

You will grow closer that way. Good quiet time together.

1. Jeeps don't get pregnant.

2. You can drive your Jeep any time of the month.

3. Jeeps don't have parents.

4. Jeeps don't whine unless something is really wrong.

5. You can share your Jeep with your friends.

6. Jeeps don't care how many other Jeeps you've ridden.

7. When driving, you and your Jeep can arrive at the same time.

8. Jeeps don't care how many other Jeeps you have.

9. Jeeps don't care if you look at other Jeeps.

10. Jeeps don't care if you buy Jeep magazines.

11. You'll never hear, "Surprise! You're going to own a new Jeep!" ...unless you go out and get it yourself.

12. If your Jeep goes flat, you can fix it.

13. If your Jeep is too loose, you can tighten it.

14. If your Jeep is misaligned, you don't have to discuss politics with it.

15. You can have a Jeep of color and still bring it home to your parents.

16. You don't have to be jealous of the guy who works on your Jeep.

17. If you say bad things to your Jeep, you don't have to apologize before you drive it again.

18. You can drive your Jeep as long as you want and it won't get sore.

19. You can stop driving your Jeep as soon as you want and it won't get frustrated.

20. Your parents won't remain in touch with your old Jeep after you dump it.

21. Jeeps don't get headaches.

22. Jeeps don't insult you if you're a bad driver.

23. Your Jeep never wants a night out with the other Jeeps.

24. Jeeps don't care if you're late.

25. You don't have to take a shower before you ride your Jeep.

26. If your Jeep doesn't look good, you can paint it or get better parts.

27. You can drive your Jeep the first time you meet it, without having to take it to dinner, see a movie, or meet its mother.

28. The only protection you have to wear when driving your Jeep is a decent seat belt.

29. When in mixed company, you can talk about what a great drive you had the last time you were in your Jeep.

30. Your Jeep is never embarrassed to go topless in public.

31. You only have to feed your Jeep when you use it.

32. A rocky relationship with your Jeep is actually fun.

33. Jeeps don't care how much money you spend on them.

34. You never have to worry about your Jeep spending your money.

35. You don't have to remember your Jeep's birthday, when you first met, or anniversaries.

36. You can also turn your Jeep on with the turn of a key...

37. A Jeep can hande three of your friends at the same time...

38. A Jeep doesn't mind a little gas

39. You can hit and kick and curse at your Jeep and it won't file a restriaining order or throw you in jail.

gary63
06-02-2012, 03:39 PM
so true but don't lot your wife read that or I hope your jeep has a very comforble intirer

bluedragon436
06-02-2012, 07:18 PM
Yeah I don't think I would push my luck on that one.. Lol!! So far all of my mods and repairs have occurred in the driveway.. So nothing fun yet...

4.3LXJ
06-02-2012, 07:47 PM
I used the dinning room table for something the other night, but ssssshhhhhh, don't tell her :pray:

bluedragon436
06-02-2012, 09:20 PM
One can only imagine what that use was.. Now sitting here in the hotel room thinking, the only things I've ever done in the house for the XJ is I bored out my TB in the tub, and I washed my flares in the tub so that I could have a clean start to repaint the faded things..

4.3LXJ
06-02-2012, 09:45 PM
Actually I do all kinds of stuff in the house. But it needs to be completely clean when I do. For instance, if I needed to rebuild a carb it would be inside.

bluedragon436
06-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Yeah might be good to make sure you got a nice clean environment while rebuilding a carb..

4.3LXJ
06-02-2012, 09:50 PM
Yeah, but she wouldn't let me tear down an engine inside ...

On another note, my son, a chip off the old block, used the engine he was rebuilding in his living room as a Christmas tree stand ...

XJ Wheeler
06-02-2012, 10:46 PM
I'm like you on this Steve, if i can i take my work inside. Its usually 90+ degrees outside and its worth it to work in the air condition.

4.3LXJ
06-03-2012, 01:53 AM
That and if I need a clean environment, I need to get it away from the grinder dust in the shop.

XJMJeep
06-03-2012, 02:04 AM
34. You never have to worry about your Jeep spending your money.

I'm not sure about that one :D

Hum Wee JR
06-03-2012, 02:49 AM
Yeah, but she wouldn't let me tear down an engine inside ...

On another note, my son, a chip off the old block, used the engine he was rebuilding in his living room as a Christmas tree stand ...
Well it I did not have a garage at the time. I just got engine block back from the machine shop and it was not staying outside in the rain and snow. So I put it in the living room. But now there was no room for the Christmas tree. So I carefully raped rags around the tree trunk and slipped the tree into one of the cylinders. On Christmas day after opening presents I dragged the tree outside and hualed the engine stand into the living room and asembally proceeded.

However the best one was when I was 17 years old I snuck a motorcycle in my bed room, pulled the motor and rebuilt it put the motor back in without getting caught. Mom still doesn't know!

4.3LXJ
06-03-2012, 08:05 AM
C'mon, your taking all the fun out of it ...

You would do it again anyway ...

And he forgot to tell you his Mite top was stored in the house till we got it on. So where does it go for the summer anyway?

oderdene
06-03-2012, 08:32 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CnMQozGiqfM/T8tl0c86pDI/AAAAAAAAB4M/Lxun-FhiIH0/s1600/IMG_4224.jpg

wifey is satisfied after cleaning all debris :D :D :D

Brasscatz
06-03-2012, 09:42 AM
Don't laugh, I have slept in my shop. I used to have a shop with AC. When the house AC quit, I put a bed in the shop and slept in it.

You just had to say that.... now my AC in the house decided to stop cooling. It was NOT a good night of sleep. :bang:

4.3LXJ
06-03-2012, 10:46 AM
You just had to say that.... now my AC in the house decided to stop cooling. It was NOT a good night of sleep. :bang:

Ya always have to have a backup. What is it not doing, besides cooling? Outside unit running, compressor and fan?

Brasscatz
06-03-2012, 11:34 AM
Ya always have to have a backup. What is it not doing, besides cooling? Outside unit running, compressor and fan?

I'll pm ya so I don't thread jack ;)

cantab27
06-03-2012, 03:01 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CnMQozGiqfM/T8tl0c86pDI/AAAAAAAAB4M/Lxun-FhiIH0/s1600/IMG_4224.jpg

wifey is satisfied after cleaning all debris :D :D :D

good man...........:D:D:D

cantab27
06-03-2012, 03:04 PM
I'll pm ya so I don't thread jack ;)

throw a thread up in here ......we dont use this one much..... someone may know how to fix or learn something ........:D

http://www.xjtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35