PDA

View Full Version : New member

brother d
05-31-2012, 11:09 PM
I just bought a jeep sport 4x4 cuz a good friend of mine goes camping, wheeling etc, a d told me I would really enjoy it and my son who live in C.O also has a 4x4 just bought a new Toyota thurda 4x4 and belongs to a forum where he has met a lot of nice friends and they go on 4x4 runs and also have meets where they work on each other trucks or jeeps, so I'm looking for a group of guys who live near me in Moorpark, C.A to go on day or weekend trips and just getting together, if I enjoy this like I think I will then next year I will up grade my jeep to a newer one and then start to trick it out some, but I am new to this and would really love to go out for a day to start learning how to, what not to do etc, so anyone out there within 50 miles or so from me, it would be great if you could contact me by email or cell, my name is Darin Anderson I'm 51 yrs old I enjoy the out door and my beer, and some good old company, I'm on disability right now so I have a lot of time on my hands, my email is-- [email protected], Cell # 805-501-6569, I look forward to meeting you all and as time goes on will need some advice. Thank- You...

cantab27
05-31-2012, 11:13 PM
welcome brother...plenty of good info here for ya...any local clubs you could do a tag along with...be some members out your ways ........good choice in 4x4 by the way

brother d
05-31-2012, 11:20 PM
Thank you, that's good to hear, I'm really looking forward to meeting some of the group and doing some 4x4, infact I'm really excited ! I will check back in Friday hoping there is someone near me .

Mudderoy
06-01-2012, 06:26 AM
I just bought a jeep sport 4x4 cuz a good friend of mine goes camping, wheeling etc, a d told me I would really enjoy it and my son who live in C.O also has a 4x4 just bought a new Toyota thurda 4x4 and belongs to a forum where he has met a lot of nice friends and they go on 4x4 runs and also have meets where they work on each other trucks or jeeps, so I'm looking for a group of guys who live near me in Moorpark, C.A to go on day or weekend trips and just getting together, if I enjoy this like I think I will then next year I will up grade my jeep to a newer one and then start to trick it out some, but I am new to this and would really love to go out for a day to start learning how to, what not to do etc, so anyone out there within 50 miles or so from me, it would be great if you could contact me by email or cell, my name is Darin Anderson I'm 51 yrs old I enjoy the out door and my beer, and some good old company, I'm on disability right now so I have a lot of time on my hands, my email is-- [email protected], Cell # 805-501-6569, I look forward to meeting you all and as time goes on will need some advice. Thank- You...

:welcome: to the site. I'm in the Houston area. Big city lots of people, and we have about 7 or 8 members within 70 miles of me. So it's possible you could find someone on xjtalk that is close to you but not likely.

xjtalk is really a forum, not a club. It's a world wide site, with most people in the U.S. but we do sport several international members. What we can offer you is a good friendly place to get help, share your ideas, and have a chuckle or two.

Don't take this as don't look for friends on xjtalk, but I just wanted to reset your expectation level. A local club is your best bet for what you described.

XJ Wheeler
06-01-2012, 09:24 AM
I don't know much about them but here's an organization I've heard of in the past over in Cali.
http://corva.org/

But you've done good so far, this is the best place for "real" jeepers. Welcome to xjtalk!

4.3LXJ
06-01-2012, 09:25 AM
Welcome Darin

I am up in NorCal. Bit of a drive. But there is plenty to see in CA, probably the best wheeling state after Utah and Colorado. You might want to check out the Big Bear area. There is something for everyone there. Also the Dusey Ershom trail isn't that far from you.

denverd1
06-01-2012, 11:59 AM
Welcome Darin

brother d
06-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Thanks for posting me back,but I'm getting alittle worried because I have'nt heard anything from someone so what near my town here in Moorpark, C.A, which is about 45 or so miles west of L.A and about 30 miles east of Ventura, so if anyone out there or knows someone who is in my area I would love to hear from them, E-mail [email protected]

brother d
06-02-2012, 01:07 PM
Thank you for letting me know that, I did think I would have to find a club in my area but I just was visiting my so in C.O, he has a 4X4 and he told me about the forum he joined there and they go on 1-2 days trips and also have meets where they would help each other work on their trucks, and he also met some guys that now are good friends, so happens one of them live 1/2 a block away, so thanks for the advice I guess I will have to some searching to find one, maybe just google 4-wheeling clubs !