PDA

View Full Version : Polaris

gordo
05-29-2012, 04:04 PM
i know is not a cherokee but i have a 04 polaris sportsman the front 4x4 is not working it has 2 wires coming out of it what can i do to fix it can i put a switch on those wires or just put them all ways to power or what i don't care how i just want it to work thanks

Mudderoy
05-29-2012, 04:36 PM
i know is not a cherokee but i have a 04 polaris sportsman the front 4x4 is not working it has 2 wires coming out of it what can i do to fix it can i put a switch on those wires or just put them all ways to power or what i don't care how i just want it to work thanks

No worries, if you have something to ask or share, just do it. :D

4.3LXJ
05-29-2012, 04:44 PM
Do you know what these wires do?

xj4life2
05-29-2012, 04:44 PM
Check to be sure your grounds are good then check the shift solinoid more than likely its that. does it shift fine in 2wd? any lights on ? where are the two wire coming from ? Need a little more info and history . These are known to have the the shift solinoid to go out. As for the two wires need more info.

gordo
05-29-2012, 06:47 PM
i don't know were they go they come out of the front diff everything works exp the front 4x4

OrangeXJ
05-30-2012, 07:22 AM
The wires go to a electric clutch. My Polaris had a switch on the handle bar that switched it from 2wd to 4wd if yours has that switch make sure it's working. My 4wd was not working I replaced the switch and it worked. Also there is a fuse that protects the clutch make sure it's good.