PDA

View Full Version : Welcome tudorXJ5sp!!!

4.3LXJ
05-27-2012, 06:38 PM
Hi tudorXJ5sp, welcome to the xjtalk forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Check out "Announcements" "How to post an image" for help posting images.

Got a Wrangler? Maybe a friend with one? http://www.WranglerTalk.com/

tudorXJ5sp
05-27-2012, 07:03 PM
overall I am very new to the Jeep Cherokee world, I have only had my cherokee a few months, a 1996 "tudor" 5 speed 4wd 4 cylinder. this is my first ever 4wd, as well as Jeep product, I love it, but I dont drive it but occasionally because where I work at my main job careless people bang shopping carts into vehicles, so I just drive it for pleasure on my days off.

recently I started working a second job part time at a garage, I have done mechanic work off & on for over 20 years, and he gets alot of rural mail carrier customers, & have gotten even more interested in Jeeps, as I have had to work on quiite a few, plus Ford Explorers, I am getting a bug for another Cherokee, but this time I want a tudor RHD automatic, I am loving driving the RHD ones, & my test rides are a mile or two longer when I have to mess with a RHD, I guess I feel safer? I am so used to meeting traffic on rural roads without lines, & having to swerve all the time to avoid frontal impacts, I feel much safer with oncoming cars. lol. I never would have believed I would have liked, as even first time I rode passanger I was freaked out, & a week later, I am all smiles, & volunteer to test, the garage owner cant believe I like them. lol. but I do. I got a good test ride this week as had to replace a tranny in a customers Cherokee, & got 15 or so miles after replacing, totally love it, I wanted to keep driving, but business is business, & that was a good combination of hi-way, & mountains, & stop & go.

Randy

jpolen
05-27-2012, 07:11 PM
Welcome and enjoy all the info you find and get on the site>

4.3LXJ
05-28-2012, 12:18 AM
You and Cantab 27 will get along nicely. He drives RHD rigs too.

cantab27
05-28-2012, 01:04 AM
welcome........rhd where its at.....

tudorXJ5sp
05-28-2012, 09:43 PM
welcome........rhd where its at.....

lol, yep, anxious to have time off from main job to be able to get to shop, to hopefully have something to do to a RHD, so yeah, I got it bad wanting a RHD one & shaking my head at myself.

1Akevin
05-29-2012, 08:34 AM
Welcome to the forum!

bluedragon436
05-29-2012, 08:35 AM
:welcome: to xjtalk from Delaware/Maryland!! There is a guy at the autoparts store I go to, that has a RHD XJ and I got to drive it one time... That thing was pretty fun to drive actually... wouldn't mind getting one myself one day... but they are few and far between around these parts!!