PDA

View Full Version : Injectors

jeepin
05-27-2012, 04:40 PM
i seem to fighting an issue with my 97 4.0. I just put on my second aftermarket exhaust header in the last 3,000 miles and now im having an issue with it running rough. i been debating on bigger injectors ever since I put a cam in and ported the head ( seems to run lean at the top end) should i be running a bigger throttle body and bigger injectors? If so what size should I be running? is it running rough cause an injector is bad? what causes so much heat that im cracking 400dollar headers!!! please help me im stuck

4.3LXJ
05-27-2012, 06:25 PM
Dustin, you seem to have two issues here. lean and rough running after putting in a header. Off hand, it sounds like you have an air leak, which would affect the fuel air mixture. I would pursue that first and eliminate it then go for any other problems if yo still have them

Mudderoy
05-28-2012, 01:01 AM
Dustin, you seem to have two issues here. lean and rough running after putting in a header. Off hand, it sounds like you have an air leak, which would affect the fuel air mixture. I would pursue that first and eliminate it then go for any other problems if yo still have them

I wonder if the O2 sensor may have been damaged, or not connected.

jeepin
05-29-2012, 12:15 AM
thanks for your help Ill check for an air leak and let you know what I find. The O2 sensor was my first guess since I just changed them both not that long ago and nothing came up on the scanner I eliminated that as being the problem but it certainly is running like it has a bad one maybe ill check the O2 sensor fuse again as well.:sign0181: