PDA

View Full Version : Stray oil

4.3LXJ
05-22-2012, 09:56 PM
Alright you gurus. I have a problem I don't know how to correct. I have a Subaru with a turbo. I just replaced it with a new cartridge, the center section. The one I got apparently has a casting flaw and is mixing oil into my coolant. So now I have synthetic oil in my cooling system. Anyone know how to get all that stuff out of there. It makes the coolant foam.

default83
05-23-2012, 07:15 AM
one time my dad poured 2 quarts of brand new oil in my radiator thinking it was coolant (we had a couple brews)...what we did was take the return hose off the radiator and the cap and ran it constantly with a water hose turned on in the radiator till it all flushed out. it takes a while and it usually works better if you take the thermostat out.

gary63
05-23-2012, 08:36 AM
it happend to a friend we removed the therms. and drain the system and put in water with dawn soap and put the soap in a yard feeder that hooks up to a hose on both sides then hook the other hose to a heater hose like you would flush and run the water.You can run it until all the soap is gone and just water comes out or after 3 to 5 min. unhook the yard feeder and flush with strait water. then drain and refill with cootent. hope that this helps you you at.

4.3LXJ
05-23-2012, 09:49 AM
Thanks guys