PDA

View Full Version : Forum's "politically correctness" has gone a little to far.

KH96XJ
05-18-2012, 03:50 PM
Forum name has been left out to protect the idiot club BOD who felt a need to address this issue with a mass PM to the forum users.

"To ALL forum users and ####### members please make sure you read, re-read and understand the forum rules. The specific rule we are bringing to everyone's attention is rule #5. It has come to our attention that there have been continued postings using acronyms, letters, or symbols for the purpose of defeating the forum word filter. This will NO LONGER BE TOLERATED. Effective immediately the MODERATORS have been instructed to start issuing infractions for anyone who violates this family friendly forum rule. NO EXCEPTIONS! ######

Here are just few examples or suggestions of what you can replace the non-acceptable with acceptable. This is not a complete list but gives just a few examples of what will not be allowed to continue.

BAD/NOT ACCEPTABLE:

LMAO OR ROFLMAO
BS
F*&#

ACCEPTABLE:

LOL OR ROFLOL
CRAP OR POO
?????"

I understand wanting to be a family friendly forum, but if your nit picking about these kinds of terms that strikes me as going a little overboard.

cantab27
05-18-2012, 04:11 PM
SHIT....name the site......

Mudderoy
05-18-2012, 04:18 PM
Forum name has been left out to protect the idiot club BOD who felt a need to address this issue with a mass PM to the forum users.

"To ALL forum users and ####### members please make sure you read, re-read and understand the forum rules. The specific rule we are bringing to everyone's attention is rule #5. It has come to our attention that there have been continued postings using acronyms, letters, or symbols for the purpose of defeating the forum word filter. This will NO LONGER BE TOLERATED. Effective immediately the MODERATORS have been instructed to start issuing infractions for anyone who violates this family friendly forum rule. NO EXCEPTIONS! ######

Here are just few examples or suggestions of what you can replace the non-acceptable with acceptable. This is not a complete list but gives just a few examples of what will not be allowed to continue.

BAD/NOT ACCEPTABLE:

LMAO OR ROFLMAO
BS
F*&#

ACCEPTABLE:

LOL OR ROFLOL
CRAP OR POO
?????"

I understand wanting to be a family friendly forum, but if your nit picking about these kinds of terms that strikes me as going a little overboard.

Personally I think it's a bad idea to talk to your membership like this. You're always going to have people that don't know, don't care, or just want to see how far they can take things. We try to correct all of those with private messages to the individual member, and frankly with the example set by the vast majority of xjtalk's members, moderators and admins, these messages don't have to be sent very often.

A forum may be a big investment of time, money and effort, but I never think of it as a GIFT to the members. On the contrary, it's an offering and the hope that you'll use what we have worked so hard on.

prerunner1982
05-18-2012, 04:39 PM
I am sorry but most of the "bad" words are on TV/Radio daily and those that are too bad are either mostly bleeped or are "encrypted". Heck there is a popular group right now with the name that is not acceptable on that site... LMFAO.

I bet the PM was either on NAXJA or Pirate.. :smiley-laughing021:

Mudderoy
05-18-2012, 04:42 PM
Oh I will add, that however some one, or group, wants to run their forum then that is fine with me. I vote by not visiting any site that offends me, or has rules I think are not fair.

Mudderoy
05-18-2012, 04:50 PM
I am sorry but most of the "bad" words are on TV/Radio daily and those that are too bad are either mostly bleeped or are "encrypted". Heck there is a popular group right now with the name that is not acceptable on that site... LMFAO.

I bet the PM was either on NAXJA or Pirate.. :smiley-laughing021:

How do you feel about the state of TV and you're children seeing it?

prerunner1982
05-18-2012, 06:12 PM

There are shows I don't let them watch, but sometimes you can't keep them from hearing every bad word. Just gotta make sure they understand that is a bad word and is not to be used. But to get bent out of shape about "encrypting" a bad word is a little over the top to me. Most kids get text messages from their friends containing the same acronyms they are banning.

You can't keep your kids from ever seeing/hearing anything bad. Walking down the street you see Tshirts with inappropriate words/gestures, bumper stickers/window stickers as well. People drinking/smoking, sexual behavior, etc...

Can't keep your kids blindfolded and in a bubble for their whole lives, just have to teach them right from wrong.

Brasscatz
05-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Plus, isn't the word "dang" just a cover up for damn? "Heck" for hell? How is this different from lmfao? It's simply word replacement. When you say "I hate this stinking song", you aren't speaking of the odor emanating from the music, rather using the word as an adjective using negative connotations.... like curse words. So how is that better? Say, "what the heck"... it's a replacement for hell, and in my opinion isn't different from the standards that were set forth in that forum's rules.

Furthermore... an acronym is exactly that. How many times have you seen the same acronym used for different words? LMFAO could stand for "Laugh My Funny Apples Off" Or LOL could even stand for "Love Olivia's Legs". It's all in how the person perceives it, and if that's what they chose to believe the acronym to stand for, then they are at fault for their mind going there. I say unto them... KMAYFLBs!!!

XJ4IV
05-18-2012, 08:39 PM
HILARIUOS... I got this SAME private message and I was appalled by it as well.. the president ... and I know the guy personally has PERMANATLY banned myself for the fact that I posted a video of some wheeling on private property... the site is moderated by a bunch of pussys and the BOD is a bunch of tree huggin fags! the ONLY good thing about that site is the fact that they have a AWESOME classifieds section!

4.3LXJ
05-18-2012, 09:43 PM

We choose not to watch local programing. It is getting a bit much.

Carves
05-18-2012, 09:48 PM

Down here ... Analogue TV is no more in a few weeks .... Digital transmissions only ....

... and Im not even bothering to buy a decoder or new TV ...

Ive seen all the rubbish and constant re-runs enough anyways ... :D

cantab27
05-18-2012, 11:49 PM
wtf

4.3LXJ
05-19-2012, 12:10 AM
wtf

Baned for breaking rule #5 :rolleye0012:

prerunner1982
05-19-2012, 12:12 AM
Baned for breaking rule #5 :rolleye0012:

Well Poo...

bigjim350
05-19-2012, 01:17 AM
We have computers in our work trucks, to send messages back and forth to the other units, dispatch, and the police officers. All the transmissions are recorded and monitered by several gov't agencies and are public records. And yet we can still use acronyms like those. So that site *cough*lsjc*cough* are being a bunch of pussy 's

cantab27
05-19-2012, 01:33 AM
and if words fail ..there always..........

:smiley-finger007:

Mudderoy
05-19-2012, 01:37 AM
There are shows I don't let them watch, but sometimes you can't keep them from hearing every bad word. Just gotta make sure they understand that is a bad word and is not to be used. But to get bent out of shape about "encrypting" a bad word is a little over the top to me. Most kids get text messages from their friends containing the same acronyms they are banning.

You can't keep your kids from ever seeing/hearing anything bad. Walking down the street you see Tshirts with inappropriate words/gestures, bumper stickers/window stickers as well. People drinking/smoking, sexual behavior, etc...

Can't keep your kids blindfolded and in a bubble for their whole lives, just have to teach them right from wrong.

I agree but the FCC could keep that crap off of TV, their answer... Mandate a chip in the TV so that content could be blocked.

TeXJ
05-21-2012, 09:32 AM
lsjc.org I have no problem ratting them out. They do have a great for sale section.

xjrev10
05-23-2012, 04:50 AM
Come one guys. What forum is it? Cherokee forum? Getting pretty bad over there....

jccatt
05-23-2012, 04:10 PM
Thats why we are here, cause its a sensable wheeling great forum

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Mudderoy
05-23-2012, 05:02 PM
I just changed the title from PC to politically correctness. All this time I thought you guys were talking about a PC forum, Personal Computer. :P

TeXJ
05-23-2012, 06:20 PM
I just changed the title from PC to politically correctness. All this time I thought you guys were talking about a PC forum, Personal Computer. :P

haha

KH96XJ
05-23-2012, 09:17 PM

:smiley-laughing021: I don't mind. But the forum has been named a few times already for those who asked. lsjc.org They really do have a great classifieds section. I haven't taken the time to really get to "know" any of the BOD's but they have posted some strange (some stupid) stuff time to time.

I think the members as a whole though are good people. I have found one trail leader I don't like though. Broke his front axle shaft on the third trail we did :crazy:

nickxj94
05-23-2012, 10:33 PM
Haha I got the pm too! I only look at there classifieds as well

LizardRunner
05-24-2012, 01:01 PM
I wonder how many of the folks over there stick around after that post. and here's an Andy Rooney for ya, Ever notice that there are many people that take offense at just about anything simply to be a pain in others arses? That site sounds to me like someone admires Hitler and wanted to make a forum site just to be able to act out their fantasy.

Mudderoy
05-24-2012, 01:06 PM
I wonder how many of the folks over there stick around after that post. and here's an Andy Rooney for ya, Ever notice that there are many people that take offense at just about anything simply to be a pain in others arses? That site sounds to me like someone admires Hitler and wanted to make a forum site just to be able to act out their fantasy.

Not speaking directly to that sight, but in general...

It seems to me this attitude of "you're lucky to have us here" takes hold. I'm not sure if it starts that way or builds as more and more people need help, or make the same mistake. I've seen this in the I.T. field as well. It comes from smart people with no people skills, then add to that everyone in the company needs help from them at one time or another.

It's a very high profile position with plenty of power. Power to screw with people basically.

KH96XJ
05-24-2012, 03:04 PM

I'm sure that there aren't many people who will leave just because of this issue. Other stuff in the past is another matter.

We are lucky to have xjtalk though. Good people and admins.

xjrev10
05-24-2012, 11:43 PM
No body has name dropped which sight this is! I wanna know!

Brasscatz
05-24-2012, 11:45 PM

lsjc.org

:smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021:
Giving you a hard time, buddy!

TeXJ
05-27-2012, 10:08 PM
Have ya not read the thread? post 18 :bang:

xjrev10
05-29-2012, 04:54 PM
Have ya not read the thread? post 18 :bang:

I see that now! O boy!

Salvation army? Really.

DETOURS
06-01-2012, 05:25 PM
Never heard of them...........:innocent0002:

BlueXJ
06-03-2012, 08:02 PM
Never heard of them...........:innocent0002:

You wouldn't of heard of them unless you were from "The Lone Star state". Can you foreigners figure it out now???????????????

TeXJ
06-04-2012, 01:01 PM
You wouldn't of heard of them unless you were from "The Lone Star state". Can you foreigners figure it out now???????????????

hahaha

4.3LXJ
06-04-2012, 01:27 PM
Theworld according to Texas :smiley-taunt013:

TeXJ
06-04-2012, 03:03 PM

there is a song about this, it goes like: We are the world!

Firemanray
06-04-2012, 09:27 PM

You got that wrong, there's Texas, then everything else. You just gotta be from here to understand!:D

4.3LXJ
06-04-2012, 09:35 PM
You got that wrong, there's Texas, then everything else. You just gotta be from here to understand!:D

Oh, I undertand perfectly. I went to Dallas to see the wife's father before he passed. While there we were watching an international parade with representatives from all over the world. In the middle of it was the banner, The World According To Texas. You know, great big Texas surrounded by little stuff like Alaska and Russia. Anyway this local noticed I wasn't talking right and said. "You all aren't from Texas, where you from?" I said in the most somber and serious voice I could muster. "Why I am from God's Country." The deer in the headlights look that lasted for about five seconds was priceless. Then he said. "Where could that be?"

So yes, I understand. My family roots go back to near Houston.

bigjim350
06-04-2012, 09:51 PM
No real texan would have said "you all"....its ya'll ;)

4.3LXJ
06-04-2012, 09:52 PM
OK, I'm a couple of generations removed, like my wife. So it's OK

TeXJ
06-05-2012, 04:27 PM
granted you do live in commi-fornia

4.3LXJ
06-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Hey, we have better welfare than all the rest of the 49 states, and pay out more than all of them combined. We are proud of our work ethic.

Firemanray
06-05-2012, 10:05 PM
Hey, we have better welfare than all the rest of the 49 states, and pay out more than all of them combined. We are proud of our work ethic.

Ya'll do know that's not sustainable...right??

TeXJ
06-05-2012, 10:22 PM

being proud that you help everybody be a bum...not something that I would showboat about.

I'd rather be happier about saying our people arent affraid to work. And those that really cant, can get help.

4.3LXJ
06-05-2012, 10:26 PM
Ya'll do know that's not sustainable...right??

Sure I do, but how else can our liberal politicians buy their votes.

4.3LXJ
06-05-2012, 10:27 PM
being proud that you help everybody be a bum...not something that I would showboat about.

I'd rather be happier about saying our people arent affraid to work. And those that really cant, can get help.

Surely you know I am being very sarcastic

TeXJ
06-06-2012, 12:15 PM
Surely you know I am being very sarcastic

:rolleye0012: <---should be whistling

just messing around as well :thumbsup: