PDA

View Full Version : Rear swaybar

willtodo
05-09-2012, 06:46 PM
Howdy XJ er's ,, New to the site and just got me a 2000 sport 2 door about two weeks ago,, Ive installed a 6.5 RC short w/ drop brackets,, have sye yet to go, got 33x12.5 DC mud country on order and an alignment schedualed for friday. Im stoked took it from bone stock to bad a** in a hurry. Skint up knuckles and achy back to prove it,,, should have it ready for some wheelin by the weekend.

Question is ,, does the rear sway bar have a negitive effect with the 6.5 lift. seems that its going to limit my articulation, been that there was no mods done to it.

:thumbsup:

bigjim350
05-09-2012, 07:00 PM
Most, if not all, people ditch the rear swaybar. You won't even know its gone, well except that it flexes better

Sent from my nerdy smartphone

Carves
05-09-2012, 07:13 PM
If you want the onroad handling benefits the swaybar offers ... you will need to mod the mounts etc., for it to suit the lift.

.... or just leave it off like the factory XJ models that didnt have one fitted.

4.3LXJ
05-09-2012, 08:21 PM
The problem with the rear sway bar is that it is too short for the travel in a 6.5" lift. You will have to ditch it. I never noticed when I got rid of mine. If swaying is a problem for you, though I don't think it will be, you can get a heavy duty ADCO bar for not too much money that is much stiffer than stock.

willtodo
05-09-2012, 09:29 PM
Thanks,,,,consider it gone