PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Jturbo86!!!

msmoorenburg
05-07-2012, 04:20 PM
Hi Jturbo86, welcome to the xjtalk forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Check out "Announcements" "How to post an image" for help posting images.

Got a Wrangler? Maybe a friend with one? http://www.WranglerTalk.com/

Jturbo86
05-07-2012, 04:31 PM
Hi, my name is John and im from Long Island NY. I just purchased a 2000 xj as a daily driver and beach/trail truck. I really needed a daily since i was recently transferred at work and im no longer able to take the train :(. With my commute being roughly 80 miles a day im just not willing to put those miles on my other cars.

Im not looking to go crazy with this truck but who knows whats going to happen since im already looking to throw a budget lift together so I can fit some 31's-33's under it. Once I get some parts together ill make a build thread so you guys can follow my progress.

Little back round on the XJ
-97k on it
-Purple (it's been named the "rape grape")
-Extremely clean
-Terrible ebay Dvd player head unit (it will be used as a target next trip upstate)
-Needs tires so I just plan on waiting till i have some $ to lift it and grab a set of used wheel/tires.

Plans:
-budget random parts lift
-homemade rack
-homemade front/rear bumpers
-decent stereo
-do something with the roof lining (digital snow cloth?)
-Keep it clean, simple, and reliable!

Wish me luck!

Edit: anyone with used parts in the area to help me get going LMK

http://i46.tinypic.com/zim2w4.jpg

4.3LXJ
05-07-2012, 05:35 PM
John, the bug has bitten you already. We have an article here on a roof rack made with conduit anyone can make. Also you can fit 31s with no trimming with a budget lift as long as you don't get too crazy with it. Use your stock wheels and they will only rub slightly on full stuff. 30s will clear without a lift.

Jturbo86
05-07-2012, 07:36 PM
Yea ive seen them bf, im going to try and stop at homedepot on Thursday and grab some 3/4. I've found a few sets of wheels/tires on CL for cheap so I might just go that route. As for the bug. . . . me and my friends just discussed how the th400 in my garage needs a home, 350/th400, I can dream right?

4.3LXJ
05-07-2012, 09:12 PM
Why not. Check my specs. I did it with a newer engine with the same hp as the old carbureted 350

oderdene
05-08-2012, 07:11 AM
nice Xj and good plan, wish you luck :)