PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Baddmove!!!

msmoorenburg
05-03-2012, 02:47 PM
Hi Baddmove, welcome to the xjtalk forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Check out "Announcements" "How to post an image" for help posting images.

Got a Wrangler? Maybe a friend with one? http://www.WranglerTalk.com/

Baddmove
05-03-2012, 02:55 PM
Thanks! I just bought my first jeep, a 1986 Cherokee with a swapped out 88' 4.0 in it, I'm going to have a lot of questions as i have been a Bronco II owner for several years...

Mudderoy
05-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Thanks! I just bought my first jeep, a 1986 Cherokee with a swapped out 88' 4.0 in it, I'm going to have a lot of questions as i have been a Bronco II owner for several years...

Well welcome to the fraternity of Jeep owners.

Ask away, I'm sure one of us will be able to figure most anything out.

Baddmove
05-03-2012, 03:16 PM
well, here's my first question,lol.. I noticed my fuel filler tube(where i put the gas in) looks old school, like the old leaded gas fillers, no little flap like new cars , just a big hole. when i went to put gas in, the pump kept shutting off so i pulled the gas nozzle out and looked and the gas is foaming up so bad it comes to the top and shuts the fuel flow off, i had to put gas in on the slowest setting while keeping the tip of the nozzle on the edge, this is gonna get old quick... what do i need to do to fix this? thanx!
if a mod needs to move this to the right forum, that's cool..not sure yet where to post question yet..

Mudderoy
05-03-2012, 03:43 PM
well, here's my first question,lol.. I noticed my fuel filler tube(where i put the gas in) looks old school, like the old leaded gas fillers, no little flap like new cars , just a big hole. when i went to put gas in, the pump kept shutting off so i pulled the gas nozzle out and looked and the gas is foaming up so bad it comes to the top and shuts the fuel flow off, i had to put gas in on the slowest setting while keeping the tip of the nozzle on the edge, this is gonna get old quick... what do i need to do to fix this? thanx!
if a mod needs to move this to the right forum, that's cool..not sure yet where to post question yet..

Not sure if any of these will help, but...

My 97 does the same thing also. I even shake the jeep via the rollbar to try and burp the air out of system, but, it still does it.

my '07 does it so I just put the nozzle in about half way & that does the trick?

I twist the pump handle a little to the right so that the nozzle is to the left and it seems to work fine. It fills right up. If I put it in straight, it will shut off everytime.

Check your tank's vent hose (the smaller diameter hose of the two) that runs up to the filler neck assembly. If it is kinked, it can cause this very problem.

it clicks on my jeep when I stick the nozzle in all the way. when I pull the nozzle out a little bit, it pumps fine

4.3LXJ
05-04-2012, 10:36 AM
Check to make sure the hoses are not kinked. It doesn't sound like it is venting. The hoses take a long horizontal trip before going into the tank. The vent is a 5/8" hose and should do the trick. However if it is plugged or kinked, it will cause your gas to foam like that.

BlueXJ
05-04-2012, 10:57 AM
Well I have no advice just a WELCOME to xjtalk.

XJ Wheeler
05-04-2012, 01:26 PM
Agree with Steve, venting problem.

Welcome to XJtalk, hope you enjoy all this great site has to offer. I too have a Bronco II, mine's a '90. Maybe i'll be asking you some questions before long. :D

nickxj94
05-04-2012, 02:07 PM
welcome!

Baddmove
05-05-2012, 08:53 AM
Thanks , i will check it today.

Baddmove
05-21-2012, 11:52 PM
this site rocks!

1Akevin
05-23-2012, 08:02 AM
Yes it does! Welcome to the forum!