PDA

View Full Version : For the Snow Bunnies

Carves
05-01-2012, 05:53 PM
Interesting concept :thumbsup:

Looks a heap more user friendly than the wheel replacement type setups.

Track N Go - YouTube

XJ Wheeler
05-01-2012, 07:28 PM
Amazing! I want to know more, like price.

cpttuna
05-01-2012, 08:30 PM
One arm and one leg

cantab27
05-01-2012, 09:17 PM
i got snow pics......

Brasscatz
05-01-2012, 09:18 PM
Now that's awesome!

4.3LXJ
05-01-2012, 10:06 PM
I am no longer a "bunny" I go on the big hill now. :D

Mudderoy
05-02-2012, 01:39 AM
Yeah but how do you get them off? :rolleye0012:

OrangeXJ
05-02-2012, 03:04 AM
i got snow pics......

seen them :yack:

bluedragon436
05-02-2012, 03:57 AM
Those things seem really cool... Like the option of being able to quickly switch between standard tires and tracks if conditions change... unlike the full wheel replacement units, that take quite a bit more work... I'm sure they are still not very cheaply priced!!

denverd1
05-02-2012, 06:20 PM
really cool. I'd rather see an XJ out trompin around in it on its own feet, but its still cool. Looks like setup time is a lot longer than they eluded to. I think each track connects to the rim at the lugs, at least it looked that way.

olds-cool
05-03-2012, 11:00 AM
really cool. I'd rather see an XJ out trompin around in it on its own feet, but its still cool. Looks like setup time is a lot longer than they eluded to. I think each track connects to the rim at the lugs, at least it looked that way.

Even still, how long does it take for you to spin off 20 lugnuts? These look pretty cool.

4.3LXJ
05-03-2012, 11:01 AM
With my kick :ass: OBA? About two minutes. :D

BlueXJ
05-04-2012, 04:31 PM
I have a few questions. First how is it held in place, second which has been asked, how do you get it off and lastly how efficent is it in mud and swampy conditions? We don't get that white stuff down here but we do have mud and some swampy areas.
I looked for the website that was shown on the film but Bing found nothing that matched. I was looking for price and to see any disclaimers that might apply.

Carves
05-04-2012, 07:42 PM
I have a few questions. First how is it held in place, second which has been asked, how do you get it off and lastly how efficent is it in mud and swampy conditions? We don't get that white stuff down here but we do have mud and some swampy areas.
I looked for the website that was shown on the film but Bing found nothing that matched. I was looking for price and to see any disclaimers that might apply.

I watched the vid a few times now ...

Looks like you need ramps to get onto the things (opening few seconds of vid)

Seems to be some gadgetry on the wheel centres connected to the track frame and a bunch of "dogchains" clipped to the chassis.

Weight of vehicle would appear to be enough and I was surprised the truck didnt spit the tracks off in the high speed turning footage.

Mud would probably destroy the things eventually ....
As with a lot of vehicle components ... I imagine all those rollers and stuff wouldnt take kindly to the grinding action of wet dirt working its way in.

I still like the concept tho ... just glad I dont need em down here .... :D

4.3LXJ
05-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Definitely look like a plus on a snow run with a light rig. There are many areas in the winter designated for tracked vehicles only. Might be fun to run up on a few sleds.